Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SEPTEMBER LOTTO BLOCK - Picture of Tina's Beautiful Quilt - WOWser !!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
toekeyotow

Re: SEPTEMBER LOTTO BLOCK - Picture of Tina's Beautiful Quilt - WOWser !!

Post by toekeyotow » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:56 am

My fall fair memory is being a craft vendor at an elementary school. In Oregon they have so many handmade craft events and they all start in September.

Joan

morgans4

Post by morgans4 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:28 pm

My first fall fair happened only a couple of years ago. Oh my gosh, the minute we got out of the car the odor of the homemade apple butter and wood fire came to our noses. That, along with the smell and sound of the crispy leaves we were stepping on will be a memory I will always have. There was a guy selling his homemade root beer, of course booths selling sunbonnets, aprons, and all sorts of little doodads.
The old houses and one-room schoolhouse there were opened for our viewing. The inkwells in the desks were undeniably made for dunking a little girl's braids. There were horses, and men dressed in Civil war clothing having reinactments, people wearing that style clothing walking all around. It makes sense but I didn't know that in the houses, chairs were hung on the walls to allow more floor space. Quilting racks were hung from the ceiling with pulleys to allow them to come down for hand quilting and raised to get them out of the way. I could almost smell my grandmother's kitchen again, with the wood stove boiling coffee for breakfast, with pans of bacon and sausages sizzling and eggs waiting to be cracked. The biscuits were light and just begging to be covered with homemade jellies, jams and honey. I could picture my family sitting in their designated places around the big old table. My grandmother's place, of course, near the stove so she could get up and replenish the bowls with more milk gravy and refill the cold depression glass cups with more coffee. Always there would be an apple or cherry pie waiting for their space in the oven.
Upstairs the old feather bed was covered in old, not beautiful, but functional quilts, some made of old overalls. So heavy one could hardly turn over. I could just imagine all those souls that were born and died there. The emotions of joy and heartbreak still filled the room. I hated to leave my memories of so long ago but had to get back to our too-fast-paced lives, leaving them tucked away in my head. It was a wonderful time when families were together for meals and prayers and there was time for family and friends.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:39 am

I mailed! 4 blocks coming your way!

Flo

Caroline1947

Post by Caroline1947 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:00 am

I have never been to a fall fair...so nothing to share!

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:12 am

My first fall fair was last year here in Miller...I now have 2 under my belt, but I worked both of them! Next year I hop to actually enjoy it.

Flo

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:41 pm

Well I got 2 done. I'll get them in the mail tomorrow. Lori
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:00 pm

I will fix my last one in the morning and get it in the mail
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:43 pm

FLO - Love your blocks! FABulous colors and fabrics!!! They are Fall Festive indeed up close and in person :)

Linda - Your blocks have arrived and they are Fall Festive. Perfect to go with the other that have found my home. I am happy to hear that you had some years of going to the fairs and enjoying all the camping trips. A lot of good memories to hold in your heart. You are right, time does have a habit of changing things.

Michelle - Sharing FUN times with family are cherished memories. You remembered the most important things that warm your heart :) :)

Linda H - Hoping you you are packaging them up and getting them in the mail by tomorrow. I know they will be Splendid :) :) You write of the Fair that I hear of now. They are lots of FUN. Have to admit I do a lot of kid watching now more than ride doing - LOL!!!

Sonya - 6 blocks is absolutely FABulouso!!! They are FABulous!!! WIll fit in very nicely with the others indeed!!!! Loved having you join us this month. Was a sweet month!!!!

Joan - September was always my favorite month. The colors changed and the start of the holidays were started. It must have been FUN being a vendor in the fall at an elementary school. Seeing the joy through the eyes of a child is priceless.

Caroline - I am so sorry you missed out on Fairs. They do have there fun but as Linda W said - we need to find our fun in other places now.

Lori - Great Fabrics for the Fall. PERFECT to go with the others.

Valerie - Great to talk texting with you. Funny how you found the other envelopes after you bought some more. Will love seeing your blocks as well :) :)

Joann - I LOVED reading about all the stories but it was reading yours that brought me back to my childhood and reminded me of a museum I went to with my BFF in FL. Your first paragraph reminded me of my Aunt and Uncle who ran a Fair. You describe it to a tee. The smells just took me into another world. There and the Apple Grove we had on our property. We had so many trees we needed help picking them all. That is where I got my love for Apple Butter. The good stuff - LOL!!
The rest of it reminded me of my trip to FL visiting my friend, Sandy. She took me to a village/museum where there were houses, mercantile shop, Dr office and Horse Barn, etc., just like you wrote.
I never knew my grandmother but if I did I would hope she would be just like yours and others. You all are indeed blessed as many of you are. I wouldn't want to leave either. Maybe that is why I LOVE reading the historical books. I can get lost in them especially the quilting ones now.

It is almost time for PICKING!!!! I know I AM EXCITED!!!!!! Who else is?????

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:25 am

Tracking number for 4 blocks

I sent the other also!

Thanks
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:28 am

Thank you Valerie for the head-up and the tracking number. I know it will be here very shortly!!!

TOMORROW IS PICKING DAY!!!!! WooHoo! HAPPY DANCE!!! YEA!!!!! Are you ready???????????????????????????

If you are a Secret Santa make sure you sign up for OCTOBER and NOVEMBER in a PM to me to keep it a SECRET!!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”