Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

AUGUST Lotto Block - GRANDMOTHER's FAN Block - Almost PICKING TIME!!! PICS ADDED

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
morgans4

Re: AUGUST Lotto Block - GRANDMOTHER's FAN Block - Almost PICKING TIME!!! PICS ADDED

Post by morgans4 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:51 pm

since you added that 1/8" arc to the top I thought it might be like a daisy, where each petal is arched, then attached to the next petal, but other than the fact that it naturally arcs, it's to be straight across, right?

Now, are we supposed to start out with a 9" w/w square? You say it needs to be able to be squared later, which, to me, means it has to start larger. But when I read about the placement how many inches from top and bottom it comes to 9". I must be overthinking this but I want them to be the same as everyone else's.

I have 10 sets of blades finished but haven't cut the background or fan handles yet. Those are supposed to start at 3 1/2", so they will be a 1/4 of a 7" circle, right?

TeresaK

Re: AUGUST Lotto Block - GRANDMOTHER's FAN Block - Almost PICKING TIME!!! PICS ADDED

Post by TeresaK » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi Joanne. No worries about over thinking the first block. That is very normal. I am sure you are doing GREAT!!!
Yes it is a 9" WonW background block.

Even with the 1/8" the arc is very subtle when you turn it under. After you turn under 1/4" your petal will now measure 5.25" and fit very nicely on to the background with the edges of the petal being 1.5" from the top.

fan handles are to be 3 1/2", so yes they will be a 1/4 of a 7" circle. Draw this on a piece of paper. Cut in 4's and measure your sides to be sure you have the right 3.5" measurements.

How exciting to have 10 sets of blades finished. I see a Lotto Pal who just might like to be a WINNER!!!

Linda. Your blocks arrived today and they are WOWsers!!!!! Delightful choice of fabrics that definitely make ME desire to be a WINNER!!!
Fighting a sinus attack that has now moved into the chest but I will try my best to post a picture. I know everyone will love to see them!!

Jacquie. You're blocks have also arrived and I can definitely see your Grandma fanning herself with one of your fans. Brilliant and sew you!! I absolutely LOVE MY MINI!!!!!! They are all airing out nicely in my backyard.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:35 am

Ok Pals it is TIME to FINISH STITCHING up your BEAUTIES and get them in the MAIL!!! It is almost PICKING TIME - BOING, BOING!!!

Time also to put away those spring and summer fabs and get out your FALL Fabrics!! I LOVE ❤️ HARVEST TIME!!!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:03 pm

I love fall, my favorite time of the year!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:22 am

Just had to take a peek of all your pretty blocks; then I saw lindas photo and tears too. OH my what a lovely picture and such a great momento:)

These fans are stunning ladies.

Izzy
🐐izzy

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:23 pm

Your right Izzy, these blocks are FABulously pieced with great fabric choices. Well make 2 winners very happy.

I believe we lost Joanne this month to some sudden changes to home life that cause her to not cut the blades long enough. I'm not sure how it was for everyone but for me I could cut off the bottom of the blades 1/2" after stitching the corner on. She doesn't feel right sending them and that's ok.
Joanne you are more than welcome to join us anytime as this is the place to have FUN learning our practicing a block. We know life can get in the way even when we are not looking. Hope to see you in September!!

Now we are just waiting for Cindy's 8 blocks and Caroline's Two blocks - FABULOUS!

I am stitching up the sample for September. I tried today but this chest cold is zapping me of energy still and sleeping at night from the shots is still very uncomfortable. I will be back to normal in a day or two. Slow and steady wins the race!!!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:10 pm

Cindy, your blocks arrived safe and sound and they are wonderful!!! Great choices of fabrics and great stitching!! They still for in wonderfully. Thank you also for the dish/wash clothes. I will definitely use them. You are so sweet!!!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:38 am

Linda's Blocks in a pattern :) LOVELY!!!
My Blocks in a circle - Lots of FUN!!!
The colors in both blocks are actually lighter. The joy of camera's. They tease so that you will be delighted when you recieve them.
ALMOST PICKING TIME!!!!! WHO WANTS TO WIN!!!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:08 pm

Caroline - Your BLocks arrived today and you chose some great fabrics and I LOVE the roses in the corners!!!! SWEET!!!!

I have everyone's blocks and I know that we will not be having anymore show up on my doorstep so we are having an EARLY PICKING!!!!!

SEE TOP OF THREAD for the WINNER'S!!!!

AliceCharms

Post by AliceCharms » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:05 am

Oh wow, thank-you, thank-you! All the blocks are gorgeous. Thanks to all for letting me join in. This was so much fun! I'm off to check out the Sept block. I love Fall!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”