Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

AUGUST Lotto Block - GRANDMOTHER's FAN Block - Almost PICKING TIME!!! PICS ADDED

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
AliceCharms

Re: AUGUST Lotto Block - GRANDMOTHER's FAN Block - Almost PICKING TIME!!! PICS ADDED

Post by AliceCharms » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:30 am

Caroline - pretty blocks!

Linda - your Granny story and the painting are so wonderful!

TeresaK

Re: AUGUST Lotto Block - GRANDMOTHER's FAN Block - Almost PICKING TIME!!! PICS ADDED

Post by TeresaK » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:04 pm

WOW Linda - I think you had the Granny I always dreamed of but never had. Your picture that holds so so many memories is precious. You were indeed blessed.

Lovely pictures Caroline. Will love seeing the blocks in person.

WOrking on the rest of mine this weekend.

I heard from Alice and she is loving making hers.

We might have a small group this month but the blocks have a lot of heart in them.

Thank you Lori for posting the pictures of Caroline's blocks

AliceCharms

Post by AliceCharms » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:17 am

These are going out probably tomorrow

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:04 am

Cindy. Your blocks are FABulous!!!! Looks like your first Lotto is an awesome one. Fingers crossed you will be a first time Winner!!!!

Good questions Linda. Where did they go????

AliceCharms

Post by AliceCharms » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:17 am

Thank-you :)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:10 am

All your blocks are so pretty. Lori
Lori 8-)

AliceCharms

Post by AliceCharms » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:17 am

Thank-you :)

Rose92

Post by Rose92 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Sent mine out today, Teresa. Expected delivery Friday or Saturday.

morgans4

Post by morgans4 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:35 pm

What is the need to arrive by date?

I currently have my days and nights turned around, so I expect I can be sewing some of these blocks until about 5 a.m. lol. I just hope the blade template I'm cutting out is accurate.
Now, the arch is 1/8" higher than the 5" but just in the center, right? So when I turn under the 1/4" the total length from the tippy top, should be 4 7/8", correct? And as it goes to the sides, it will be gradually tapered to be 4 1/4" on the 2 sides. ??

The blocks I can see on here are just gorgeous.

Joanne

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi Joanne - Welcome!!! It is lovely to see you join us this month. Yes the blocks are lovely this month. Can't wait to see yours!!

Blocks need to be to me by the last day of the month.

I'm wondering about your measurements. Here's what you do
Cut your template according to the numbers on the picture with the edges of the petals being 5.5".
Sew them all together using 1/4" seam allowance.
Turn under the top 1/4". Do not sew until you are certain off the placement on the block. The edges of the petals will now measure 5.25".
Place petals on your background square with the top edge of the side petals 1.5" from the top edge of the square.

If you are on Facebook, please friend me and I will be happy to walk you through it. Teresa Kittredge

Thanks Linda for the update. Will let you know when theyvareb

HAPPY STITCHING

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”