Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

AUGUST Lotto Block - GRANDMOTHER's FAN Block - Almost PICKING TIME!!! PICS ADDED

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: AUGUST Lotto Block - GRANDMOTHER's FAN Block - Almost PICKING TIME!!! PICS ADDED

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:05 am

I think I will have to bow out this month. Love this block but a little to time consuming for me right now.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Re: AUGUST Lotto Block - GRANDMOTHER's FAN Block - Almost PICKING TIME!!! PICS ADDED

Post by zfatcat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:07 am

This looks like a fun one, but I just don't have the time to play this month. Hopefully next month. Lori
Lori 8-)

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:09 am

Teresa, Sorry but I can't participate this month either. I have PT 3 times a week and to many other things in the works. I'll check back next month.

Joan

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:13 pm

Sew sorry to hear but realize life does get in the way and I see Valerie and Lori are both in the Swap so yes that will take up some time. Was hoping I picked an easy block as we had done Dresdan's before. This one just a tick different with the size of the Petal.
Enjoy and hope to see you soon.

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:49 pm

Hi all, here are the 4 blocks I'm sending today... Such cute blocks!

I'm in the middle of moving AGAIN!!! 4th time in 4 years... Oh boy!!
My sewing room is packed away, so only a very small amount available to me.
I don't think I'll manage next months lotto, too much happening I'm afraid... A move and also Mum is having a hip replacement...
Busy busy!!
Take care all, I'll still pop in to see whats happening though!!

Love and hugs all!! Jacquie xxx

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:10 am

Going to try

Flo

AliceCharms

Post by AliceCharms » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:01 am

Beautiful blocks, Jacquie!

Rose92

Post by Rose92 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:18 am

My Granny Story

Everyone should have someone, besides their parents, that loves them unconditionally, is always supportive and is always there for them. My Granny was that person. She was the quintessential grandma, plump, white hair, ample bosom (soft for hugging), loving hands and loving smile. She wore a large apron with deep pockets that held all sorts of treasures. I spent part of every summer with her (as I was her first grandchild) and we always had a special relationship. She was my safe haven from a difficult childhood. She had a breakfast nook that was all paneled in pine and faced East as the sun came up. She also had blue willow dishes to eat on. There is a picture at the center of each plate and bowel. Granny always promised me she would tell me the story that went with the picture if I would eat everything in the bowl or on the plate. I never tired of the story. Granny was part of my life until she died at 86 and I inherited the blue willow. The best pieces are now displayed in a hutch in my breakfast (pine paneled also!) nook and I think of her all encompassing love every time I look up.

Enclosed is a picture of my Granny holding my daughter, that my mother (Granny was her mother) painted. It hangs in my bedroom. All three, Granny, my mother and my daughter, are all together in Heaven so this picture is very special for me.

**Linda

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Caroline's blocks

There you go Caroline.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”