Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

PURPLES AND GOLDS,swap complete

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

PURPLES AND GOLDS,swap complete

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:13 pm

2 weeks to sign up. Now through Tuesday August 8th

8 weeks to make your blocks and send them to me. Now through Tuesday October 3rd

Mail blocks to me by Tuesday October 3rd using priority mail and save your receipt, it will have your tracking number on it. Blocks must be in my possession by Tuesday October 10th so I can sort and mail them back to you Friday October 13th. If I don’t have tracking from you by October 3rd I will not wait for your blocks to arrive.

Postage $7.20, no stamps, no checks, pre-paid labels are fine, international will be worked out individually. I have Flat Rate envelopes to send your blocks back to you so please don't send return envelopes.

Please attach a label to each block with your forum name, real name, city and state. Keep the blocks flat, no individual baggies. Put your blocks in a large zip lock bag with your address on it before sending it to me.

Make 10 blocks

THE FUN PART.

Make 20 blocks each 12 1/2 unfinished. Please don’t square up your blocks. Check the size before mailing them to me.

Use pre washed 100% cotton. No muslin, No Pastels, No Glitter, No machine embroidery.

Colors Purples and Golds. Use variations of purple and gold to make your favorite block.

You don’t have to use the same pattern or fabric in all of your blocks. If you have different purple and gold fabrics use them. If you want to try more than one block go for it.

Any applique must be sewn down and if you use tear away or wash away or paper it needs to be removed prior to sending in your blocks.
Make sure your blocks are ready for the person receiving them to square up and sew together.

If you send incomplete blocks or your blocks are not the required size and of the required fabric they will be returned to you using your postage. Be sure to re-check the size and seams before mailing.

THE FINE PRINT.

You must be a posting member of this forum for at least the past 3 months and be familiar with the way Tina, Izzy and I run our swaps. If you fail to follow through on one of our swaps, you will not be allowed to join the next swap you ask to join. If you fail to follow through on 2 of our swaps, you will not be able to join any of our swaps. Tina, Izzy and I run a tight drama free swap... we can "what if" till the cows come home but in the end it's an obligation and it needs to be taken seriously. If you are a person who can't send on time or if you think our rules are to strict please don't sign up for one of our swaps.

Communication and follow through are key. If you have any questions please ask prior to taking a spot in this swap. If you have any problems or concerns, PM me and we can take care of it in private so it doesn’t cause problems on the forum.

If you join you must comment in the swap thread once a week...especially during the last month of the swap...

I use only this forum and e-mail for communication. If you need my e-mail address please PM me.

My goal is to make a sampler quilt for my son's school. His school colors are purple and gold.

Arrived

1. Maryz (Purrfectlady)
9, Maryz (yes, again)
8. Denise ( Douce Fleur)
6. Vinae (Javin)
10. Joan (toekeyotow)
2. Lori (Zfatcat)
3. Chriss (Marilynsgrammy)
7. Valerie (Wesig)
5. Carolyn (cupcake)
4. Lyn (Weeone)
Psalm 91

purrfect-lady

Re: PURPLES AND GOLDS,swap complete

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:07 am

Chriss, I'm ready!! Sign me up! Purple and Gold are the colors of U of WA, my son's alma mater. (my DD, too, but she doesn't care. lol) I am going to do the Dolly Madison Star from QIAD's First Ladies book. I have my fabric chosen!

Mary
p.s. Thank you! I'm so happy things are normal enough for you that you were able to get this swap up and running. I hope soon, this fire and all it's 'fallout' are a thing of the past!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:18 am

I'm defiantly in this one. I have my fabrics ready to sew.🐱
Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:21 pm

Chriss- I'm considering this. Trying to decide if I do, what block to make.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:20 pm

Lori and Mary, I got you

Lyn, come on, you know you want to.

Only 17 spots left. LOL.
Psalm 91

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:59 am

My son's school colors.

I think if we use shades of these colors it will be pretty.

Psalm 91

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:30 am

Considering this as an option.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:41 am

come on in, Lyn! We'll have fun! This is a great project to work on in your rolling home! Takes up little room.

CHRISS, since this quilt is for your son, and since he works at an agricultural school, maybe you should make El's Corn and Beans block! lol!

I cut out enough pieces for 12 blocks and have them (and extra fabric!) packed in our fifth-wheel to work on while camping next week. I've done so much applique lately that I'm really looking forward to sewing pieced blocks again!

mary z

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:39 am

Oh, what the Hay. Chriss, put me down on spot 4. Truth be told, I bought solid purple and gold back in May when you started talking about this. It in the Coach, in Canada, waiting. I want to test a couple blocks before I decide which one I will do.

WeSig (sorry I can't remember your name), Come on, sign up, it's always fun.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:43 am

Yay Lyn
Psalm 91

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”