Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

CHRISTMAS in JULY LOTTO - Variation of QIAD Mountain Block - Jacquie & Joyce ?

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

CHRISTMAS in JULY LOTTO - Variation of QIAD Mountain Block - Jacquie & Joyce ?

Post by TeresaK » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:18 pm

PICKING DAY went a little over. My apologies. I kept getting pulled in different directions but that is not important. What is IMPORTANT is the AMAAAAAAAAAAAZING Month we all had and ALL THE FESTIVE, BRILLIANT, BEAUTIFUL ... I could go on and on blocks you all made. I could feel your hearts in every one of them. CONGRATULATIONS to you ALL!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS now go out to the FIVE, YES FIVE (5) WINNERS!!!!

JACQUIE - LH019358418US
JOYCE - 9500 1148 6997 7219 0836 74 - Thursday 8/10
LINDA W - 9500 1148 6997 7219 0836 50 - Wednesday 8/9 D
JOAN - 9500 1148 6997 7219 0836 98 - Thursday 8/10 D
LORI - 9500 1148 6997 7219 0836 46 - Tuesday 8/8 D

PLEASE POST PICTURES OF YOUR PLAY TIME!!!

FUNNY thing happened when I was going through the QIAD FREE Patterns. Never saw it there before. This block is a version of the ROCKY MOUNTAIN block only our middle is one piece instead of a Square in a Square.
HOW ABOUT THAT - It is QIAD Block!!!!!

Hello Pals - WELCOME to CHRISTMAS in JULY!!!! *** This is a GREAT MONTH to JOIN if you are planning on being a SECRET SANTA!!!!
Let's get those Christmas Fabrics out and HAVE SOME FUN!!!! We will be making a VARIATION of the ANVIL BLOCK: For every block CUT ...
(1) 6.5" Christmas Fabric for Center,
(1) 3.5" background Square
(1) 3.5" WoW Square
* You will also need (10) 3.5" Half Square Triangles stitched with Christmas Fabric and WoW (below is the link to the Magic 8 Method)
http://blocloc.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... or-HST.pdf

* Extra 2 HST's: Cut Background and Main Fabric at 4.5" sq's. Draw diagonal line down center. Stitch 1/4" on both sides of the line. Cut on line. Press and square to 3.5" sq's.

All are WELCOME :) Sign-ups are a show of interest in hopes that life happenings will allow you some time to join the FUN. This is a place where we LOVE colors, practice stitching and make wonderful blocks for ALL to dream about possibly WINNING. Take your time. Play with your fabrics choices. Choose some great contrasts. Do Not Rush and above ALL HAVE FUN!!!

* FABRICS: CHRISTMAS!!!!! One Print or Tone on Tone with visible pattern
* BACKGROUND FABRIC: White/White Christmassy Tone on Tone or something like a polka dot.
* PLEASE WORK ON: 1/4" seam allowance especially the 1/4" edge seam allowance after stitching your block together. To make this block work you really need to be careful NOT to undercut your fabrics and to watch how you square your HST's before stitching them all together.

BEFORE MAILING - - -
* Check Your Measurements to make sure your blocks can be squared to 12.5" AND you have the proper 1/4" seam allowance on the edge of your blocks BUT DO NOT Square up your blocks.
* PLEASE add your Address Label to the Front Corner of each block
* Place ALL blocks in ONE LARGE BAGGIE.
* Please SEND $2-3 to help with shipping to the winners

WAYS to RECEIVE your WINNING tickets ...
* 1 ticket = Let me know you are interested
* 1 ticket = for every 12.5" Non-Squared up block
* 3 extra tickets = if you make 4 DIFFERENT COLORED blocks
* 3 tickets = bring a friend and you both send blocks
* 1 ticket = (optional) story of your own first picture with Santa, your childs, a niece or nephew or a friend.

HAPPY STITCHING!!!!
RECIEVED - - -
Purrfect-Lady - Mary ... 8 blocks; ST
Shelley322002 - Jacquie ... 4 blocks; ST
TeresaK - Teresa ... 5 blocks
Oasis - Linda S ... 6 blocks
Toekeyotow - Joan ... 10 blocks
WeSignificant - Valerie ... 4 blocks
Caroline1947 - Caroline ... 3 blocks
MEPEACE2 - Katy ... 4 block; ST
Rose92 - Linda W ... 8 blocks; ST
JayKay - Joyce ... 2 blocks;
Zfatcat - Lori ... 8 blocks;

WE ARE AT 62 BLOCKS ----- WOWsers!!!!!

shelly322002

Re: CHRISTMAS in JULY LOTTO - Variation of QIAD Mountain Block - Jacquie & Joyce ?

Post by shelly322002 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:11 am

Pictures courtesy of Teresa...
Lovely blocks, you'll all agree!!

MEPIECE2

Re: CHRISTMAS in JULY LOTTO - Variation of QIAD Mountain Block - Jacquie & Joyce ?

Post by MEPIECE2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:32 am

Teresa Count me in I will try to get at least 4 done LOL Maybe this will get me back into sewing room . And yes I will be a secret Santa

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:06 am

Please add me. I'll get out my Christmas fabrics today. Lori
Lori 8-)

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:33 am

Thanks Teresa!!

Can the center (6.5) be a different fabric/picture than the HST?

Either way, please count me in for July! ;)
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:39 am

Count me in. Not sure how many yet.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:24 am

Welcome everyone!!!!
Linda. I was thinking of that but decided NOT TO just because this is a variation of the Anvil block which is all one color.
Have to say I was very tempted to make one just to see what it looks like but will stay with just One color and your background.

You will have to be careful what fabrics your choose to make sure it doesn't look to chopped up.

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:50 am

o Teresa I got the cutest print for center So I will be sending both plan and printed center. Here comes Santa clause LOL HO HO HO.

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:15 am

I'm looking forward to this Lotto...please count me in, Teresa!

((((Hugs)))) Sonya

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:18 am

Thank you Jacquie for posting the picture. FINALLY got my phone to behave and posted the pictures above in the initial thread. You are a Peach!!!!!

I changed the tickets for your Santa Story to be either you, your family member or a friend. You can be ANY AGE in the picture - LOL!!!!

Make sure your blocks contain only 1 colorful - blendable when all sections are pieced together - Christmas fabric and 1 background WoW.

Can't wait to see what you choose. The more blocks the more WINNERS to find a friend to have some MERRY FUN with!!!!!

DON'T FORGET those EXTRA ways of EARNING BONUS TICKETS!!!!
* 3 extra tickets = if you make 4 DIFFERENT COLORED blocks

* 3 tickets = bring a friend and you both send blocks

* 1 ticket = (optional) story of your own first picture with Santa, your childs, a niece or nephew or a friend.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”