Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

CHRISTMAS in JULY LOTTO - Variation of QIAD Mountain Block - Jacquie & Joyce ?

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
mepeace2

Re: CHRISTMAS in JULY LOTTO - Variation of QIAD Mountain Block - Jacquie & Joyce ?

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:56 am

Here's my story and I am sticking to it . When I was 17 I was out with friends. when we decided to sit on Santa's lap and get a picture taken .
Not a problem since I knew who Santa was. He was an old boyfriends uncle. That being said I decided to kiss Santa just when picture was taken Nothing big just a quick kiss on the cheek. This being explained
I was in for a surprise. Right after I set down on Santa's lap He delivered a great big kiss right on my mouth of course they snapped the picture. Before you all think badly of this poor man. LOL It was my old boyfriend He was 23 at the time. His Uncle had taken ill and he volunteered to work for him that night. He saw his chance and took it.
LOL Not funny at the time but is now. And I so wish I had that photo.

TeresaK

Re: CHRISTMAS in JULY LOTTO - Variation of QIAD Mountain Block - Jacquie & Joyce ?

Post by TeresaK » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:18 am

Oh Katy, I LOVE a guy who takes a chance when the opportunity is there. Great story!!!!

I have 3 Santa Stories. Am I missing any? I know I need to post mine but hoping to find the picture. I hate cleaning up and moving things - LOL!!!

Working on the next two blocks of mine. Nothing like waiting till the last moment but I had to get the Fair quilt quilted so I could get Valerie's Baby quilts quilted for her. Life is good!!!

Please keep me in your prayers. This knot I have in my thigh is really making my left side weak and sloppy. I am needing my walker more and that is playing on my emotions.

sweetpeadesigns

Post by sweetpeadesigns » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:11 am

Well,

I have five blocks made, but they are at home and I am in Alabama. So, I be starting all over again. However, my sis is really sweet and has set me up a nice sewing area (right out in the living room). I'm impressed. So, we mail today or tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great summer. I accidentally posted on August swap page, so if anyone is interested in what I have going on right now, that's where the info is.

Hugs,
Linda H
aka Blondie

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:21 pm

Morning ladies!!
I have a great photo SOMEWHERE!! of my Daughter Heather as a toddler (she's now 28)
Well this was one of her first encounters with Santa... I have to say he was one of the jolliest Santas I have ever met with lovely kind eyes and a fabulous beard!
Well Heather for some reason appeared very worried about seeing him... Lets face it, how many people do you see looking like this!!!???!!!!
EXACTLY!! lol...
The photo, which I will share with you when I find it, finished up with not only Heather meeting Santa but also her Granddad AND her Father. Almost everyone had to be in the photo just so Heather would be present!! Even then she was nowhere near Santa!! But in the arms of her father...
It was quite funny when I think back on it, but it's one of the pictures that really sticks in my mind...

Now to go dive through all the photographs!!! I hope we still have it!!!!

Love and hugs, Jacquie xxx

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Prayers dear Theresa!! I didn't realise you were having problems!
:(
Of cause lots of prayers, love and hugs will be sent your way... I hope you get some ease with your thigh... Maybe a nice visit to the beauticians for a lovely massage would be beneficial!!

Take care dear friend!! xxx J xxx

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi all, well I've searched and searched and cannot find the photo I remember... Maybe a family member has it?? Mmmm...
I did however find this one... This is still Heather at almost 15 months old getting into the Santa spirit? Lol...
xxx J xxx

sweetpeadesigns

Post by sweetpeadesigns » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:03 am

I love all the pictures. Y'alls blocks are just beautiful! I apologize, but I must bow out of the July lotto. Mom has decided that she wants to move out with me. So, I have my hands full for a little while. I'm hoping to participate in August.

Hugs,
Linda H

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:59 am

Jacquie - That is a LOVELY Story. I can only imagine all the laughter that was going on as you were deciding where everyone stood. THank you for the prayers. I think I just pulled a muscle and it is being a pain hanging on.

Linda H - We will be sorry to miss you but family does come first especially your Mom. Hope the move goes smoothly and all will be settled soon. We will see you when you come up for air and get to play with some Cotton.

Joyce - Your blocks have arrived. Love the fabrics you chose especially the Trees. Thank you so very much for the Angel Fabric. Touched me heart and is VERY FULL!!!!

Waiting for Sonya's and Lori's and then we will pick the WINNER's. ALMOST TIME!!!!!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:11 pm

Yay...They finally made it.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:00 am

Are we all in?? Today's Picking Day!! Crossing fingers!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”