Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

JUNE LOTTO - Sawtooth Star Block with Any 6.5 sq center pieced block - The WINNERs Are ...

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
MEPIECE2

Re: JUNE LOTTO - Sawtooth Star Block with Any 6.5 sq center pieced block - The WINNERs Are ...

Post by MEPIECE2 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:21 am

Sorry But I will not be joining you this month. I am trying to catch up in gardens and need to bind two quilts . Maybe see you next month

WeSignificant

Re: JUNE LOTTO - Sawtooth Star Block with Any 6.5 sq center pieced block - The WINNERs Are ...

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:15 am

I have to see just how much patriotic fabric I have. I am supposed to make 50 or more prayer quilts for the church to give out at the parade on fourth of July. May need to pass. Forgot about this project until I got asked if I was still going to do it.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:01 pm

WOW Valerie - I sure hope you have help and Spring you with fabric or money. That is a huge responsibility for just one person. Prayers for you peace of mind and for days to double in time.

Katy - will miss you also. I know hours much time binding take on top of other projects that are outside. Prayers all go well.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:12 am

No Teresa, no one has stepped up to help. We only have one other person at the church who quilts and she is gone a lot on missions and care for her grandchildren. I am going to try to spend the evening cutting up squares (after I find the fabric). and see how many I can get cut. They are simple to sew together. Andrew actually has some sewing skills so may see what he can do.

So if you find any extra 4 inch patriotic square, I could use them! Thanks

Rose92

Post by Rose92 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:01 am

Teresa:

Sorry, have to withdraw. I have to go to San Diego and take my elderly old maid Aunt (84) to Colorado to visit her even older brother (93) for probably the last time. I will be gone most of June. Will catch up for July when I return.

**Linda

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:45 pm

Linda - family always come first. Hope the trip is enjoyable for everyone even if it does have a somber effect. Prayers being said

Valerie - WOW I sure hope they don't expect 50 if no one is helping. Are they flipped? Tied? I hope an easy way to finish them.
I will do my best to find some 4" / 5" Patriotic Squares / Charms for you :)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:20 am

Teresa I am making the small pocket prayer quilts so they are just sewed. I just learned about the others in the last day or so. May switch to those in the future.

Also have decided to use the actual directions (I know, silly me) and so will be using 3.5 inch squares and two inch strips.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Thank you for putting my mind at ease. I thought you had to make quilts, as in lap quilts our a little smaller. That is still a lot but I have faith in you to get done what you can and that's that :)

I've been making my star points for the blocks. Now it is to decide on the centre. I know a couple well be the 9-patch we just made last month. Easy one now that I know a new way to make it.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:17 am

Still thinking about these. If I could just get my other project done. Maybe some sew time today. Then to find the rest of my fabric cuz I know I have more than I found.

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:35 pm

I have 4 done that I will be mailing this week along with another project. ;)
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”