Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MAY Lotto BLOCK - Nine Patch Party Block - Lori posted an Inspirational PICTURE of her quilt!!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
toekeyotow

Re: MAY Lotto BLOCK - Nine Patch Party Block - Lori posted an Inspirational PICTURE of her quilt!!!

Post by toekeyotow » Thu May 11, 2017 9:39 am

Hi Teresa, Just got back from the post office I sent you 10 sets and the tracking # is 9500111144371731063599 Should be at your house on Monday the 15th.

Joan

Rose92

Re: MAY Lotto BLOCK - Nine Patch Party Block - Lori posted an Inspirational PICTURE of her quilt!!!

Post by Rose92 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:17 pm

My Summer Story:

I grew up "poor" in our neighborhood...hand me downs, no store bought toys, made all my own clothes...compared to the other children. Each summer they all went off to summer camp for a week. I so wanted to go but my parents could never afford it. Then my fairy great grandmother stepped in and at age 12 she sent money for me to go. I was ecstatic.
The first day we campers were to go to the roller skating rink. /This was great because I was a really good skater. It was very crowded with kids so they had timed rounds of skating...boys, girls, both or by age groups. This made the rink less crowded and you could go faster. I noticed that during the transition time, as one group got off and another group got on, there was a short space of time where there was the minimum of people on the rink and you could go around once really fast. I timed it just right and built up speed. There was a boy who had the same idea and he was just a little shorter than I. You can guess what happened. We were going in opposite directions, heads down to go faster and we smacked right into each other. I woke up to a sea of faces staring down at me, blood everywhere and a broken nose. I had hit my nose on the part of his skull above his eye (the hardest part). He was fine but I was pretty damaged. Of course I was sent home and spent the rest of the month with racoon eyes. So my summer camping experience was short lived, leaving me with a life long bump on my nose. My summers have been pretty tame since.

**Linda

sweetpeadesigns

Post by sweetpeadesigns » Fri May 12, 2017 6:09 am

Hi Everyone,

I just want to say a really big thank you for all the blocks I won for April. They are beautiful!!!! All the places they are from is really cool. Thanks everyone. My grand daughter, Ariana, and I are in for May.

Hugs,
Linda H

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Fri May 12, 2017 8:40 am

Good Morning Teresa......I just mailed (Thursday) my May blocks. Tracking # is:
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri May 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Oh my Linda W. What an experience to go through. Your little bump definitely is a reminder of a great time. I hope you kept skating. Very happy you became a quilter. I will let you know when your blocks arrive.

Welcome Linda H and Ariana. Happy Stitching time together. I know you will have a grand time stitching some FUN exciting blocks together!!

Joan- We all have our memory moments when we forget things. I love your notes so I hope you can drop it in the mail very soon. I will keep watch and let you know when your blocks arrive.

I won't get back to my blocks until next Thursday at Jamie's. I have a Frozen quilt that needs to be completely finished by Thursday. Joan - have you ever quilted one?

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sat May 13, 2017 9:16 am

I finished my sets of blocks today... Gosh they're pretty! I love this months choice of block/technique and fabrics... These will make a great baby/child's quilt!!!

15 sets of 2 are going into the post Monday morning... With 1 set for you Teresa as host's gift :) Yes! 2 x 6.5" this month!!! Wow!!! Lol, :)

Hugs all!! Jacquie xxx

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat May 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Jacquie - You are so right this will make a cute kids quilt or a lap quilt for an elderly person. Bright and cheery!!! Happy you were able to get some White fabric so quickly and were able to join us - YEA!!! I am excited to see them and 2 Mini's??? WooHoo!!!

I still can't believe how fast your WInning April blocks got to you. AMAZING!!!! Hope you can lay them out for ALL to see.

NO PRESSURE but it is the time to let me know how you are doing. I am eager to hear from all :) :);

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun May 14, 2017 8:43 am

Going stash diving again. Don't seem to be able to find the right colors.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon May 15, 2017 2:13 pm

6 sets done. Hoping yo squeeze in more sew time to do 3 more sets

Flo

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon May 15, 2017 2:39 pm

I mailed off 3 sets today. Lori
Lori 8-)

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”