Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MAY Lotto BLOCK - Nine Patch Party Block - Lori posted an Inspirational PICTURE of her quilt!!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: MAY Lotto BLOCK - Nine Patch Party Block - Lori posted an Inspirational PICTURE of her quilt!!!

Post by TeresaK » Sat May 06, 2017 10:57 am

Your welcome Lori. Hope you found some with using the 60% off. Silly me I should have purchased more.

Linda H - I love the moments when there is no cell service. More time to be with the ones you love. Less time on the phone.
Welcome back and now have some Happy stitching with your Granddaughter on some May blocks. 9yrs old is a great age to start sewing.

Just heard from Linda S who has been a busy stitcher enjoying making her blocks - YEA!!! Wonder what they look like???? I know they will be very pretty!!!!

zfatcat

Re: MAY Lotto BLOCK - Nine Patch Party Block - Lori posted an Inspirational PICTURE of her quilt!!!

Post by zfatcat » Sat May 06, 2017 4:00 pm

I didn't, but I already had Kona white. It's one I always have on hand. I made a couple sets today. It's was fun to make a simple block again. I will make a few more before sending them off. Using up my scraps. Lori
Lori 8-)

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sun May 07, 2017 3:59 am

Hi all, May is another super lotto thanks to Teresa!!

I'm amazed at how quickly these blocks can be made with this fabulous technique!! I can hardly believe it!!

These 16 sets are only half finished as I had to start Sunday roast dinner, but you get the idea of the fabrics I'm using this time...

lots of lovely summer fabrics!!

Hugs all! xxx J xxx

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun May 07, 2017 2:38 pm

WOW Jacquie- great fabrics! Will make some great blocks.

Let's see some more Summertime FUN fabrics!!! What do you do in the summer. Any kite flying, water sports or swimming, fishing, etc...

Who can think of more ideas???

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon May 08, 2017 2:10 am

Is this in one of El's books?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Mon May 08, 2017 7:12 am

Yes, it is in STILL STRIPPING on page 64. Might be on YouTube also under its name "Nine Patch Party".
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Mon May 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Thank you, Oasis...I have a way I do nine patches but wanted to make sure I did them for lotto per instructions...this will help..:)...

Sonya

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue May 09, 2017 7:31 am

So sorry everyone. The link was there and then it disappeared.
There are many ways to make 9-patches. Which ever way you decide that works for you is PERFECT! The link will show you a way I have never used before. Is FUN and FAST.
Funny how looking for something else lead me to this block.Happy to hear you are all enjoying making some with Summer Fun Fabrics.
Thank you Linda for answering Valerie's question. Much appreciated. I am loving my little pouch you sent me. How much easier to find my change and quilting cards. It is the best addition to my purse.
Happy Stitching!!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed May 10, 2017 3:09 am

I got my fabric cut but after looking at other peoples blocks may need to change my print. Might be too dark.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed May 10, 2017 7:49 am

Valerie - If you are unsure please send me a picture.

Anything that happens over the summer will work. Think camping, water, sports, July 4th, ice cream, cupcakes, flowers, plants, fruits, vegetables, marbles, jacks, animals, etc.

stripes, checks, polka dots, prints

What do you do over the summer? Let your creativity flow!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”