Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MAY Lotto BLOCK - Nine Patch Party Block - Lori posted an Inspirational PICTURE of her quilt!!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

MAY Lotto BLOCK - Nine Patch Party Block - Lori posted an Inspirational PICTURE of her quilt!!!

Post by TeresaK » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:07 am

IT IS TIME TO ANNOUNCE THE WINNERS but first I want to THANK YOU to ALL of you for making this another wonderful month!!! Lots of blocks were made in many wonderful Fabrics. I know they will definitely make a FABulous SCRAPPY Quilt for someone Special!!!!

**** CONGRATULATIONS go to
WeSignificant - Valerie ... 9505 5148 6997 7154 0678 93
Oasis - Linda S ... 9505 5148 6997 7154 0678 86
FlorenceM - Flo ... 9505 5148 6997 7154 0678 79
Sweetpeadesigns - Linda H ... 9505 5148 6997 7154 0678 62
Wonderful to have Arianna with us this month!! Looks like she had a great time stitching with you. I hope she will come back again sometime soon

Hello ALL - When Eleanor moved Quilt in a Day from her garage to its present location, the party began! Sit back, relax, and watch as Eleanor makes positive and negative Nine-Patch blocks.
Summer is almost here sew I want to jump into some FUN Bright summertime colors for the Month of May along with a Favorite Beginner/Fast Block. So LET GO stash diving and if you can't find some FUN Fabrics then it will be a great time to go shopping!! ENJOY!!!!
INSTRUCTIONS:
]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk8pogFg3qk
What a GREAT Quilt you will have if THE WINNERS add some Corner triangles OR Set the blocks on a Diagonal adding 6.5" Squares in between. YOU just SEND the 9_Patches

* BLOCK: Nine Patch Party QIAD Block. El's 8"sq Block Method. 1 print/1 solid white. Instructions are a FABulous new way to make a Nine Patch that you just have to try!! WOWsers! or you can use the 2.5"x8" strip method. You will need (3) strips of 1 print and 1 Solid white. Your choice depending on Scraps.
You will be making sets of 2 from each 8" square. Block 1: Prints in the Corner; Block 2: White SOLID in the Corner. DO NOT sew them TOGETHER, PLEASE :) :)
Watch how you iron so that your blocks will lock seams when stitched together. Here is a picture of my backs
BLOCK SIZE: 6.5" blocks: This block uses El's 8"sq BRILLIANT Method (see video) or if you already have 2.5" strips you can cut (3) of them and (3) of your print at 2.5"x 8" strips.
* FABRICS: FUN Bright (Not Neon) Summertime PRINTS
1 color print with background White SOLID per block.
* BACKGROUND: Kona Cotton (JoAnns does carry this) or any Very GOOD Quality WHITE SOLID

*** TIP ALERT: Sew Strips from opposite ends to avoid arcing, Test your 1/4" seam allowance and lock your Seams. These tips will ensure the stitching of a great block. Measure after you stitch to check that your blocks are 6.5" and your center's measure 2" going top to bottom and side to side. ABOVE ALL - ENJOY !!!!!
You can make as many sets of 2's as you would like using many different bright summertime FUN colors - ENJOY!!!

BEFORE MAILING---
* PLEASE DO NOT SQUARE UP YOUR BLOCKs
* Place your Name Tag/Address label in the FRONT- UPPER LEFT - CORNER of each set of blocks (opposite blocks using the same fabric)
* Place ALL blocks in ONE Plastic Bag
* Send $2-3 to help with shipping blocks to winners.
* ALWAYS MAIL with a TRACKING NUMBER

WAYS to RECEIVE your WINNING tickets ...
* 1 ticket = Let me know if interested early and you send blocks
* 1 ticket = 1 set of Positive & Negative block (2 sets = 12" block)
EXTRA "OPTIONAL" TICKETS
* 1 ticket = Share about a favorite Summertime adventure
* 3 tickets (for both) if you bring a friend / you both send blocks
RECEIVED - - - - -
* TeresaK - Teresa ... 8 sets of 2's; SS
* Toekeyotow - Joan ... 10 sets; SS
* Rose92 - Linda W ... 12 sets; SS;
* Sweetpeadesigns - Linda H ... 10 sets; SS: Extra Tickets
* Linda H Granddaughter - Arianna ... 10 sets; Extra Tickets
* FlorenceM - Flo ... 18 sets finished; SS
* shelly322002 - Jacquie ... 16 sets; SS
* MEPIECE - Katy ... 5 sets; SS
* WeSignificant - Valerie ... 13 sets; SS
* zfatcat - Lori ... 4 sets
* Oasis - Linda S ... 14 sets
* Xochitl - Ysabel ... 6 sets

128 sets / 2 = 63 / 4 = 15.75 bocks per person - WOWsers!!!!

Oasis

Re: MAY Lotto BLOCK - Nine Patch Party Block - Lori posted an Inspirational PICTURE of her quilt!!!

Post by Oasis » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:21 am

Can the 9 patch prints be mixed with the white or do you want them all the same prints like the picture?

These will be fun and quick to make. ;)
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

TeresaK

Re: MAY Lotto BLOCK - Nine Patch Party Block - Lori posted an Inspirational PICTURE of her quilt!!!

Post by TeresaK » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:31 am

Great question. Thanks for asking.

1 color blocks: One print with one background White SOLID per block.

You can use the fabric for multiple blocks sewing the 2 different styles.

The more variety of Prints we have the more FUN the quilts will be.

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:04 am

Please sign me up....not sure how many yet. :)

Thanks, Teresa!

(((((Hugs))))) Sonya

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:38 am

I'd like to play!
Now to pull some pretty fabrics!!

Summertime here we come!!

Hugs all, Jacquie xxx

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:55 pm

I haven't played in a while. Count me in please.

How's Rob doing?

Lori
Lori 8-)

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:09 pm

I am in!!! Already cutting.

Flo

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:41 pm

Here are some of Flo's WOnderful blocks - She made more of the blue but I wanted you to see to fabric so I made the picture less blocks, bigger pic. I couldn't make the picture lighter without washing out the white.

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:40 am

I'm going to have to wait until I can get some Solid white. I have white on white, but nothing solid. Lets hope I get in to town before to much time goes by. This looks like another nice scrappy quilt.

Joan

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:19 am

Ok count me in . Will try to get some done
Katy

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”