Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

APRIL Lotto Block - Quilter's Choice of PIECED block - Packages are mailed - Please post when REC'd

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
MEPIECE2

Re: APRIL Lotto Block - Quilter's Choice of PIECED block - Packages are mailed - Please post when REC'd

Post by MEPIECE2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:07 am

Heres blocks I am working on at least four to go.
Katy

TeresaK

Re: APRIL Lotto Block - Quilter's Choice of PIECED block - Packages are mailed - Please post when REC'd

Post by TeresaK » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:21 am

WOW Katy - I am VERY EXCITED to see these blocks in person. They are stunning and oh sew cute!!!! Thank you for sharing such a FABulous gift with us.

I hope more come to join us this month. Making any block with Springtime Fabrics is such a joy not to be missed.

HAPPY STITCHING!!!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:07 am

WOW all your blocks are beautiful!! I cant join in this month so far behind on projects right now. I did get my winnings from last month and they are beautiful!!! wish I could play this month. good luck girls and guys:)

Izzy
🐐izzy

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:08 am

Katy you blocks are so cute!!! I love them all!!

My blocks are done, and ready to be posted probably Monday...
Here is an update picture as I finished my last 6.5x12.5 block.
Sorry for the terrible coloured picture!! Hugs all Jacquie xxx

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:34 am

Jacquie - FABulous blocks heading my way. Very eager to see them and always eggs-cited to see what mini you stitched for me. How small the world feels when you join us for so much FUN!!!! Feels like you are very close to us all :) :)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:59 am

Everyone is making so many beautiful blocks. Sorry I am missing out this month.

Such variety and yet they all compliment each other. You all should be so proud of your work!!!

Hugs
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:20 am

I know there are some great blocks out there in cyberspace to put together easily especially the 6.5" blocks.

Sure hope more come join us.

Rose92

Post by Rose92 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:34 am

Teresa:
Favorite Doll Story

I was given a French Bebe doll, named Leena, that had belonged to my great grandmother when I was little. She had a porcelain face, bisque jointed body, real hair wig, 6 layers of underclothes and lace dress, with ribbons. I was only allowed to play with her on my birthday or when I was sick. When I left home, my Mom gave her to me in a shoe box. For years she stayed in that shoe box in closets and garages. Then, about 15 years ago my mom asked if I still had Leena, and if I did, perhaps I should look into her value. I found a web site that did appraisals and I sent pics of her and the marks on the back of her head. Turns out she is the second most desirable French doll in the vintage world and was valued at $7000 at that time. My DH then made a clear glass display case for her, that is sealed, and she is proudly displayed, in the house!, at 150+ years old!

**Linda
PS. Blocks to be mailed on Monday.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:34 am

WOW That is a wonderful and amazing story. This precious sweet doll with many memories has a new life in her special box, sitting there to see all that is going on everyday.

I used to have Madame Alexander dolls that my grandfather gave me every Christmas sitting on my shelf so prettily (if that is a word). Unfortunately when I went off to college my sister decided to go into my room and play with them. I was so upset when I got home. There goes the investment value to 0. Needless to say life did go on.

My favorite doll was my Thumbelina. She was always with me when I was little. I don't know what happened to her and I know she will never be replaced. They don't make dolls like they used to. She was one of a kind.

I still have the Cabbage Patch Doll I gave to Courtney when she was a wee one for Christmas. I remember going from store to store looking for one only to find out they sold out. Luckily I was in the right place at the right time and did purchase one for her. She is 35 this year and proudly sits on a shelf along side Eeyore. The only two she has kept :) :)

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi, my story is no where near as great as yours ladies!! Such lovely stories about beautiful dolls!!
My favourite doll/toy when I was little was a soft Rabbit in a dress (!)
I loved this rabbit with lovely long ears and a pink gingham dress and pantaloons with lace edging... she had a lovely little fluffy tail too!! I used to take it everywhere... The ears eventually disappeared but I still loved this rabbit. I have no idea where it went...
My photo is the only picture I have, shame you can't really make out the rabbit doll... Not much of a story, sorry, I only have faint memories of her I was only young...
If I find the rest of this picture I will update... You may get to see more of my lovely rabbit lol...
Love and hugs Jacquie xxx

Yayyy! I've found the full picture!!
Heres a picture of my big brother and I with my rabbit doll, with my Nana & Granddad... I think I'm around 3 years old here.
Ive just remembered while looking at this picture that 'she' was holding a baby rabbit too!!!
xxx J xxx

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”