Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

APRIL Lotto Block - Quilter's Choice of PIECED block - Packages are mailed - Please post when REC'd

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
MEPIECE2

Re: APRIL Lotto Block - Quilter's Choice of PIECED block - Packages are mailed - Please post when REC'd

Post by MEPIECE2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:25 pm

MY favorite toys. My six shooters. Roy Roger Cap pistols. You might say I was a tomboy. LOl I had a cowboy hat and my guns just like my brothers. Of course he would not admit it but he had a doll like mine. LOL One Easter my mother bought us a big package of boxes of caps. Five rolls to a box and 24 boxes I was in heaven. These were in our Easter baskets along with chocolate bunnies and those awful marshmellow eggs with a candy coating. There was also a few other things if I remember right. But my guess is I spent the day shooting things up. And the funny thing is we never got hurt. Darn I wish I still had those pistols along with my Davy Crocket coon skin cap.
You would never guess if you seen me today that I was a TOM BOY.

Oasis

Re: APRIL Lotto Block - Quilter's Choice of PIECED block - Packages are mailed - Please post when REC'd

Post by Oasis » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:24 am

I would like to join this month. Since we had a bit of extra time, I was able to get the required blocks made in time. I have been working on "applique", so one of the 12.5 blocks is my applique project. I will leave it to Teresa to judge it presentable or not. :) My 6.5 pieces are paper pieced. I haven't had success with the picture posting so won't be able to post pictures. I love floral/spring quilting!

I have:
4 - 6.5
3 - 12.5
1 - 12.5 x 6.5 block
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:45 am

WELCOME Linda - Delightful to have you join in the FUN of playing with more Spring fabric colors! I just love finding extra time to do what I want to do at the moment. Such a great feeling :) :) I know you blocks will be FABulous and I am very eager to see them in person.

Jacquie - I really need to find some pictures of me when I was little. We really could pass for twins!!!! Wonderful story and such a GREAT picture of you, your brother and your grands. You are truly BLESSED!!!

Katy - What great parents you had to let you be what you wanted to be back then. No pressure to play with girl things. Great that you never got hurt and had lots of FUN with the boys :) :)

I went to camp for nine summers and had a passion for Bow and Arrows. I started with learning the basics of shooting and range safety and then went on to participate in the Camp Archery Association’s program that sees campers working their way up the awards system. Beginners shoot at 10 to 15 yards, and progress to 30 to 50 yard levels where they shoot for awards at greater distances. For the most experienced archers this means attempting to receive their American Archer award at 50 yards. It was a great feeling reaching this award but it also meant that I could come back the following year and be a teacher which I did for 2 years.

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:40 pm

Jacquie and Katy Your blocks are all so darn cute.

Joan

sweetpeadesigns

Post by sweetpeadesigns » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:07 am

Everyone's blocks are so gorgeous! I have a few embroidered 6.5" blocks finished, but had to halt progress to work on a customer quilt. I can't wait to get back to my lotto blocks.

Scrapyqltr

Post by Scrapyqltr » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:09 am

Working on mine today and tomorrow! Happy Easter everyone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Well Bless my heart and those of the Lotto Pals, it is FABulous to hear from Linda (sweetpeadesigns) and ?? (Scrapyqltr)!!!! Happy Easter back to you and to everyone. I hope you had a very Blessed day.

I know how life will throw some curve balls at us and with Easter Joys to get ready for ... I am thrilled to see 3 more pals have found some Cotton Play time!!!! I am so eager to see what your creativity has come up with and I know everyone else will be as well. Hoppy Dance!!!!

Joan - I know!!!! Are the blocks WOWsers!!!!! Does that give you a little inspiration to join us??? No worries if not. Life will catch up and give you a cotton break to come join. I know you are famous for sneaking in at the last moment :) :)

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:39 pm

TERESA: Blocks are in the mail and on their way to your house.

Tracking # 9400110200881371936470

Oasis/Linda S.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:21 pm

Teresa...I was going to try and play along this month, but of course life gets in the way. I'm going to Connecticut the first part of June to visit a girlfriend that I haven't seen in almost 34 years. I'm making a quilt for her daughter. I've already sent her on a few years ago. I'm going to use the Lotto blocks I won to make her quilt. It will be awesome thanks to all the talented ladies here in QIAD.

Joan

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Great news Linda. Well keep watch for them and let you know when they arrive.

Joan I remember you telling me that. I know you will have a FABulous time. Eager to see the quilt all finished. You might give me some inspiration to put mine together but for now it is mega Sue time. Pedal to the floor :) :)

Jacquie- your blocks arrived - WAHOO!!! Spring dancing time. They are even more sweeter in person especially my mini hexi block. THANK YOU. You are as sweet as the blocks are 🙌🙌

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”