Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

March LOTTO Block - CHANGE - SCRAPPY JACOB's LADDER - Spring - ALL REC'd - Please Post Pictures :)

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: March LOTTO Block - CHANGE - SCRAPPY JACOB's LADDER - Spring - ALL REC'd - Please Post Pictures :)

Post by TeresaK » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:03 am

Hi Jacquie
Your blocks arrived with that wonderful ocean aroma. Your fabrics are even more delightful in person and I love my mini!!!!
For those who don't know... Jacquie has been sending me a 6.5" block of the same block we are making for as long as I can remember and I have been hostess for 5yrs. My first full year was 2012 when I started charting in Excel. I will need to put them up on the wall again for all to see. Jacquie, my Twin I love them ALL

shelly322002

Re: March LOTTO Block - CHANGE - SCRAPPY JACOB's LADDER - Spring - ALL REC'd - Please Post Pictures :)

Post by shelly322002 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Teresa, I'm really glad your health results were better than you were expecting. Just please take things easy, both of you ;) Love and hugs to you both.

I'm thrilled you like the blocks and your mini, yes there must be quite a collection by now!!! And I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them all together, but when it's a good time for you to do so.

Take dear friend, Jacquie xxx

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:17 am

Mine will be sent out tomorrow.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:02 am

Katy. Thanks for the update. 10 blocks is WOW!!! With as many blocks as we have this month you have a good change to Win!!! Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

Jacquie - taking it as slow/fast as I can without hurting any more than it is. Well put up the mini's soon. Need to play catch up with end of the month things I need to do.

Joan. Thank you for your PM. Reaching up with the arm is a very slow process. If something is to high or I know it is heavy I ask Rob for help. He needed to have both rotator's done. We were blessed with an excellent surgeon and PT Guy to make sure he has full use of his arms. Yes his surgery is on the schedule for the 29th. Praying his congestion goes away by then. He has a Dr appt tomorrow. We also have a great gastro Dr. It seems i was overdosing on Ibuprofen that was wreaking havoc on my stomach. Switched around and changed meds and doing well now. Had to go through a bunch of tests first. We also changed the water we were drinking. Had to much chlorine in it so I wasn't drinking near the amount of water I was supposed to. Prayers for answers very soon.

Getting near the end WooHoo - BOING, BOING, BOING!!!!!

guyquilt1

Post by guyquilt1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:48 am

Here is an Easter story. Easter fun with the children always incorporated dying eggs and the egg hunt itself. My wife and I would scatter around the house quickly hiding eggs (really not too hard to fine for the kids) and then blow the whistle and start the game. The only problem we had early on with this practice was we did not account for all the eggs we stashed. Of course, the kids had lots of fun but...... months later a strange odor would be detected in the most unusual places. Yes the lost eggs found us!!! In future years we started to keep track of the number of eggs to be found and accounted for all the eggs hidden so not to repeat the eggs finding us...the parents. Rick

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:36 am

Rick, that is a funny story and happened all too often at our house, too, when Easter was rainy. We, too, learned early on to keep track of the number of eggs hidden. We also learned not to hide them the night before because the dog would have them all found by morning! How old are your kids now? (mine are 40, 42, and 45. Hard to beleive.)

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:41 am

Joan. Your blocks have found my doorstep and they are beautiful!! Perfect to go with the others. Thrilled you were able to join us this month 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Rick. Wonderful story! Brings back alot of childhood memories. My kids loved coloring and sticker the eggs. One year they hid the eggs and the adults needed to find them.

Mary. My kids are 39,38,38,35,34. A mixture of his and mine. We decided not to have an ours. We had many wonderful times with the kids when they were younger. It is hard not living close to them so i truly treasure the monkey's when i see them. They are always goofing around. I will see Courtney and Jennifer, Darby and sweet Aria this coming weekend.

guyquilt1

Post by guyquilt1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:04 am

Hi everyone. Our son is 37 and our daughter is 35....but my wife and I are NOTTTTTTT getting older. Well that is what we say. Rick

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:08 pm

Will keep you and Rob in my prayers as you face this next hurdle in your life. This is just another pop quiz (stolen from the ministers sermon on Sunday) in your life and you will pass with shinning colors!

Not sending blocks but will tell you my favorite Easter story. Not really a story, more of a memory. The Easter bunny always brought my Mom a basket full of goodies also. She had this basket like thing that was a duck pulling a wagon. It was wooden, purchased in Europe I think in the 1960's. The wagon is where the goodies went. I still have this, it sits in my glass cabinet in my extra room. I fear using it as I don't want anything to happen to it. Not sure what it is about this duck but would have been broken hearted to not have inherited it.

OOPs as long as we are mentioning it, My kids are 40 and 43, me? not a day over 30!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:00 am

VAL, what a sweet story about your Easter duck! I have a little ceramic Santa's sleigh of my mom's and I feel the same way - it's older than I am and was treasured by my mom, and so now, by me.

TERESA - wishing Rob good luck in his upcoming surgery. I like Valerie's quote from her minister's sermon - one of life's pop quizzes. I feel he will pass easily!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”