Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

March LOTTO Block - CHANGE - SCRAPPY JACOB's LADDER - Spring - ALL REC'd - Please Post Pictures :)

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
guyquilt1

Re: March LOTTO Block - CHANGE - SCRAPPY JACOB's LADDER - Spring - ALL REC'd - Please Post Pictures :)

Post by guyquilt1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:25 am

Hi tereasa, you can increase my total blocks to be sent in to 8. Hope to mail them by end of week since I will be out of town for a while. As you will see 4 blocks are based on soft spring colors with 1/2 of the HST even added some paper-piecing to get the color effect I wanted. The other set of 4 have one floral print but fussy-cutting specific color families to match the 4 square color corners. I will post pictures of each group later this week. Thanks Rick

shelly322002

Re: March LOTTO Block - CHANGE - SCRAPPY JACOB's LADDER - Spring - ALL REC'd - Please Post Pictures :)

Post by shelly322002 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:08 am

Hi, I'm bringing my 'memories story' back up to the top as I shared a few pages back :)

My Easter egg memory includes 2 generations.
My parents hold an Easter egg hunt every year, they hold the hunts now for my grandfathers Phoebe & Eliza as they did years ago for my daughters when they were smaller along with their cousins Jonathan & Theresa.
The little ones would first make their Easter egg baskets prior to Easter Sunday from card and embellishments to decorate.
Then Easter Sunday we would attend church while my father; AKA Easter bunny would stay home and hide the eggs ;) I think he had as much fun as the kiddies did finding the eggs!
Each of the children were given a coloured piece of card then sent out into the garden to 'hunt' their eggs. The children would look for the eggs with their coloured piece of card attached, funnily enough the older bigger children would often find 'their' eggs higher up in trees or hidden in the more difficult to find areas of the garden. The funniest time was watching Jonathan; the eldest child trying to obtain his egg which was situated on top of the rock in the centre of the pond! Hahaha...
It was a great day and enjoyed by all! Most wonderful memories!!!

Hugs all! xxx Jacquie xxx

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:25 am

Oh Jacquie I am very happy you brought it back to the top. What a wonderful story it is!! How spectacular to make it an eggsiting time for the kids and for you watching them What a brilliant idea of giving them their own colors to find. Did Jonathan get the egg without getting wet???

Rick you have me intrigued about your blocks. I wondered what you were going to do. Can't wait to a picture and when they arrive. Have a great trip. Safe travels

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:00 pm

Linda - Delightful Blocks. Sweet colors and sweet fabrics. Love the fussy cuts :) :) :)

guyquilt1

Post by guyquilt1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:51 am

Here are the 2 sets of 4 panels. One with pastels colors the other with pastels and a floral with colors matching the 4 squares.

[/URL]

[/URL]

The first image I used paper piecing to get the color effect in the HST (note two different colors in the hue)
This was really fun to do. Rick

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:35 am

Rick--your blocks are stunning! All of the blocks are beautiful! I still hope to make some blocks, but I'm working on a special project and may not make it to these. I'm in awe of all of them!

Teresa--best wishes to you and Rob!

P.S. Jacquie, my story is like yours... we went to church while the Easter Bunny hid all the eggs and goodies in the back yard. When my daughter was little, I had a roommate with a son her age, and one of us would go take them to church and Sunday school while the other stayed home and played Easter Bunny and slipped into church late. So much fun!

guyquilt1

Post by guyquilt1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:24 am

Teresa
I mailed by USPS my 8 blocks today. These are expected to arrive on Monday the 13th. The routing number is:
9500 1102 6807 7068 0859 93

Rick

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:19 pm

Hi Rick. Wonderful news!! Great blocks. Love the fabrics. Perfect how they go with each other. Looking forward to seeing them up close.

I do need to say this as the hostess so no one copies your placement. It is a tricky one. Your corner blocks will need to be turned to go with the sample block up top. Easy fix so no worries.
Thanks for joining us this month. I am sew happy you did in the midst of your upcoming travels.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:41 am

Teresa, I mailed my two blocks. You should get them today. ( Friday)
I don't have a big memory to share. Only one funny came to mind. We had a house cat when kids were little. We had eggs hidden inside as April is still cold and sometimes a bit muddy and messy. The FUNNY was, the cat kept rolling the eggs around. It was a challenge to keep them hidden for the kids. LOL
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

guyquilt1

Post by guyquilt1 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:40 am

Hi Teresa, thank you for studying my floral blocks. I noticed that issue also and I made the changes in the corners so now the ones I mailed to you have been corrected. Rick

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”