Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

March LOTTO Block - CHANGE - SCRAPPY JACOB's LADDER - Spring - ALL REC'd - Please Post Pictures :)

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

March LOTTO Block - CHANGE - SCRAPPY JACOB's LADDER - Spring - ALL REC'd - Please Post Pictures :)

Post by TeresaK » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:02 pm

THANK YOU ALL FOR A DELIGHTFUL Beginning of SPRING!! I am excited for all the winners because you everyone stitched some beautiful blocks that will make wonderful quilts to be loved and cherished. What a great group of Cotton Pals we are.

Here are the WINNERS this month ... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
* MEPIECE2 - Katy ... 9500 1163 3411 7093 1511 96 Del'v per trkng
* Shelly322002 - Jacquie ... Rec'd
* Purrfect-Lady - Mary ... Rec'd
* Billizzy - Izzy ... Rec'd
* Toekeyotow - Joan ... Rec'd

***** A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE for your PRAYERS for Rob, Me and Courtney. They were very powerful and evident in some things that were done. You are indeed El's ANGELS!!!!

WELCOME New and Old Lotto Pals!!! Time is flying by so quickly and SPRING is UPON US!!! I am thrilled you are all enjoying the block selections so far. I am stepping it up a notch this month and there is very little wiggle room in these blocks so please go slow and steady watching those 1/4" seams and 1/4" seam allowances on the edges to reach a 12.5” block. I have also included different ways for you to make Half Square Triangles - YEA!!! ABOVE ALL - ENJOY and SHARE anything and everything!!! We learned alot from Rick in February about colors. What Scrappy Colors will you use this month???

5 REASONs TO JOIN?? (1)IT IS FUN!! (2)Never any pressure. The choice is always yours as to how many blocks you have time to make (3)It is a great place to practice and get ready to join a Swap (4)It is WONDERFUL TO WIN and/or to see a PAL WIN and be able to make a quilt that will be loved and hugged or used in any way they choose and (5)If you make a block to keep, you will have a Sampler Quilt at the end of the year (6)You can also gift your winning blocks to someone else (Secret Santa in December) :) :)
BLOCK INSTRUCTIONS:
* BLOCK: Jacob's Ladder block.
* PLEASE TEST ALL your Fabrics to check for BLEEDING:
* SQUARE: 12.5" Squares: You will need (4.5") Unfinished Half Square Triangles (HST) and (4.5") 4-Patche squares. See picture below for placement of each section plus techniques for options on how to make many HST's from larger squares of fabrics.
You can also locate Eleanor's directions from page 33 in Eleanor's Underground Railroad Book. (Thank you Mary)

* FABRICS: ANY Springtime (Flowers, Leaves, Butterflies, Ladybugs, Birds, etc.) Coordinating Colors.

* FABRICS: Background: White on White Soft blended "Springtime" Pattern.
Here is a picture of the inspiration quilt. Stay away from the darker colors please. What does your Springtime look like??
Here is a picture of Mary's first block. Beautiful! This is also the placement to follow as you put your blocks together. HAPPY SPRING!!
Making 8 Half Square Triangles at one time from 10.25" squares of main fabric and Background fabric laid right sides together. After you make your HST's and 4-Patches then you can mix them up for a Scrappy look. ENJOY!!!
Making 4 HST at one time. Cut fabrics at 7 1/8"
BEFORE MAILING---
* PLEASE DO NOT SQUARE UP YOUR BLOCKs
* Place your Name Tag/Address label in the FRONT- UPPER LEFT -CORNER
* Place ALL blocks in ONE Plastic Bag
* Send $2-3 to help with shipping blocks to winners. Any money left over this month will be used to help with the Comfort Quilts.
* ALWAYS MAIL with a TRACKING NUMBER

WAYS to RECEIVE your WINNING tickets ...
* 1 ticket = Let me know if interested early and you send blocks
* 2 ticket = Every 12.5"+ block
* 3 Tickets = March is a Comfort Quilt Month. Tina has many, many blocks and has put out a request for help in money for Backings, Battings and Mailing. The quilt’s fit perfectly in a Medium Flat Rate box. If you choose to help with the journey of a Comfort Quilt please send Tina any amount of Money you choose. Check or Pay Pal. Cash is to risky but again Always your choice. NO Pressure Ever here. It is optional. I don’t need to know the amount. Tina will tell me it has arrived and I will add it to your name or anonymously add a ticket into the pot if you choose. Let me know in a PM. If you have any questions in how you can send it, please send her a PM.(Gershwin64)

EXTRA "OPTIONAL" FUN and GETTING TO KNOW YOU TICKETS
* 1 ticket = Last Easter Egg Hunt you went on.
ARRIVED
Rose92 - Linda ... 6 blocks; story; $
Purrfect-Lady - Mary ... 8 blks; story $
QuiltGram8 ... 2 blks; story; $
Billizzy - Izzy ... 3 blocks; story; $
Guyquilt1 - Rick ... 8 blks; story
shelly322002 - Jacquie ... 4 blocks; story; $
TeresaK - Teresa ... 4 blocks; story; $
toekeyotow - Joan ... 7 blocks; story; $
MEPIECE2 - Katy ... 10 blocks; story; $
sweetpeadesigns - Linda H ... 9 blocks; story; $

** Xochitl - Ysabel ... Daughter is in ICU having trouble breathing after giving birth to a serrogate beautiful baby. Please keep her in your prayers.

** FlorenceM - Flo ... Loss of her Father yesterday (3-16) Please keep her in your prayers

TeresaK

Re: March LOTTO Block - CHANGE - SCRAPPY JACOB's LADDER - Spring - ALL REC'd - Please Post Pictures :)

Post by TeresaK » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:50 pm

I search a number of short times to find the blocks I made but my breathing is still not good. I had to take many breaks. I know they are somewhere - LOL!!!!

The last Easter Egg hunt I went on was last year with the children at church. For Sunday School I purchased 3 "Create a Treat Easter Cookie Decorating Kits" from Walmart. We had just enough cookies for each child to enjoy decorating. Nancy read an Easter Story and then lined the kids up according to age. The big kids found the eggs by the Big church and the little kids found the eggs around the Education Bldg. What was lovely to see were the big kids in many of the families taking care of the little kids. Faith was restored :)

shelly322002

Re: March LOTTO Block - CHANGE - SCRAPPY JACOB's LADDER - Spring - ALL REC'd - Please Post Pictures :)

Post by shelly322002 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Ohh goody!! Patterns!!! Lot's of lovely patterns!!

I'm going to make a few 'Rose dream' if that's ok...
Love the selection!! Very pretty...
Off to work just now, so I'll have a more in-depth read of this page after...

Sorry to hear things have not been so good for you all for a wee while, we seem to have been on different planets for the last month!! :(

Take care, and we'll catch up soon I hope!!

xxx J xxx

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:08 pm

P.s, last time I think I made the 'tulip' block... lovely!
xxx J xxx

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:52 am

ok ignore my Pm you say 12.5 +
Grandmothers Tulip
Rose dream
Honey bee
Prickly pear
I may make more of one than another. LOL Gotta keep you guessing LOl

Katy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:12 am

TERESA - I'm not sure yet if I'm joining March, but I've been looking at the patterns. You say participants may choose ANY of the 12 Treasure Chest patterns. You say blocks must be 12-1/2". But at least 6 of those 12 patterns (I didn't check them all) are 16-1/2". Thoughts? Perhaps it's just too early and I'm simply reading this wrong.

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:16 am

Hi Mary, I didn't see any size mentioned on the pattern I looked at, where do you see a size for the block?
Hugs J xxx

I've just looked at the 'finishing Instructions' and I think they're all 16.5" blocks...

xxx J xxx

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:40 am

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Your are all right and I posted wrong. The size is 16.5".
The Grandmother's tulip has a background of 17" but it is also applique so it can be squared smaller after stitching.

I know many stated that they wanted to make one of Eleanor's Sampler quilts which is why I chose this one. The instructions are all in one place. You don't need a book. They are easy to follow and not as hard as the blocks want you to think. I hope many will give it a great try.

Remember the Lotto is also a place to learn new blocks so I am encouraging everyone to load their bobbins, pick some FUN Springtime fabrics and ENJOY!!!! WooHoo! You can do it!!!!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:48 am

Good morning :) Thank you for thinking of the comfort quilts project Teresa :) checks can be mailed to me or yes I do have payday PayPal, it's under my email account though not my user name here. If anyone wants to send through PayPal you can pm me and I'll give you the info or if you want to send a check I can give you that info too :) early in the morning for me LOL. If you want to send cash that's fine also just make sure you understand the risks with the mail. Thank you all for helping with this project.
Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:13 am

Think I am going to sit this one out. Will let you know if I change my mind. Many projects going right now.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”