Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FEBRUARY LOTTO - STASH BUSTER - Summer Porch Block - All Rec'd - Picture Posted

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
shelly322002

Re: FEBRUARY LOTTO - STASH BUSTER - Summer Porch Block - All Rec'd - Picture Posted

Post by shelly322002 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:42 am

Hi Izzy, mine are a selection of 'cream on cream' all different... the picture makes them look pale.
Hugs! Jacquie xxx

Rose92

Re: FEBRUARY LOTTO - STASH BUSTER - Summer Porch Block - All Rec'd - Picture Posted

Post by Rose92 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Teresa:

This is a little scary for me, but I am going to try this! It will be the first time I have done a lotto swap. You may have to hold my hand through this.

First question: So this is a 5" block instead of the 8" in the book?
Second question: When do they have to be mailed to you?

**Linda

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Izzy, i think the coloring is off because of a computer screen. Color is as stated.

Yes Rose, start with 5 inch squares
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Jacquie - fingers crossed that you have some luck this month. Don't forget to share your story for the bonus ticket!!

Valerie - sounds like you found your stash of greens - FABulous!!

Izzy - Welcome! Happy stash diving!!

Chickie - I will cyber help you find some greens. I know they are in there somewhere. No, to the right, more right. Yes under there!!!

Izzy - l looking for medium creams, lighter tans. These general colors.
I know what you pick will be :)

Katy- how wonderful to have such a FABulous shop near you. I will have to Google it. Well I see you in the picture???

Sonya- Welcome! Happy to have you with us this month!!

Welcome Rose to your first Lotto!!! I know you will have no trouble handling this block. Yes it starts with a 5"square cut down the middle diagonally. Cut a center strip 1.5" x 8" Fold triangles in half, Mark center with pin. Fold strip in half and line up center with center of triangle. Sew. Repeat for other triangle. Stack together 4 blocks and Pin or sew nametag across corner.

WELCOME EVERYONE!!! Happy stash diving and stitching!!!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:25 am

I have 6 sets done, enough different green triangles to make 2 more sets. Now if I can just find one more cream scrap to cut 5 more strips for the center I will be done.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:13 am

Ok, we usually visit an 'Irish bar'. This is one place you get will truly experience that real Irish atmosphere...
This year we plan on having a hearty meal or Irish Stew with Irish Soda bread. A favourite bar of ours is 'Jinty McGuintys' Irish bar in Glasgow... What a fabulous pub! in a lovely place called 'Ashton Lane'. They serve lovely food with live music EVERY day. A real hit with the younger generation.
Here is a picture of my friend Joy on the evening of her 'Hen do' outside 'Jinty's'...

Here is a picture of 3 of us that evening having a make over as part of the 'Hen do'

I hope you've enjoyed my wee story! Hugs xxx Jacquie xxx

Rose92

Post by Rose92 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:28 am

My St. Patrick's Story

When I was teaching kinder and 1st grade, I used to make a big deal for St. Patrick's. On March 1st, the kids would come to school and notice little green footprints leading from the grass, across the sidewalk and into the classroom. When a student finally asked about it I would spin my tale about how Sean O'Malley came from Ireland on a goose to visit my classroom for 2 weeks every year. Every day I would place little green footprints around the classroom as Sean moved about, exploring and always leaving messes in his wake (he was very mischevious). He would leave a letter for us to discover each morning. Then we would write him back, the students asking questions (and learning capitalization and punctuation in the process). Soon the whole school would stop by each morning to see where Sean had been the night before. He even moved some of his furniture into one student's cubby for the duration and the students would leave him litle presents. On St. Patrick's day, Sean would leave a special letter, with 30 clues on paper shamrocks. I would draw names out of the name jar and each student got a turn to follow their clue until we reached the last one, and found....Sean's pot of gold (chocolate) coins. The next day Sean, his furniture, his footprints and all evidence of him had disappeared. I told the class he had returned to Ireland. Over the years, as I had siblings of my students, they remembered Sean and would help perpetuate the mystique with their younger siblings. Sad to say, now that I am retired, no one ever has Sean visit the classroom anymore.

**Linda

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:58 am

I have lots of greens and tans TOTs...going to try...

Flo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:55 am

Hi everyone. I just popped in to see what's up. This looks like a really easy one, Teresa. I will be checking my fabrics for sure.

I can't get the video to play. I have all the updated flash player, etc. But it doesn't play even by going to QIAD site and going to videos. ????? Something must be wrong on their end. Will have to try it again later.

Probably don't need to see the video, it looks pretty easy.

Hugs to you all. I will report later, if I decide to jump in on this one.

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:11 am

Hi Velda, if you can't get to see that video, try the Utube video...
Hopefully this link will work...
Hugs Jacquie xxx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H10XzP_ ... 10XzP_rXCo

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”