Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FEBRUARY LOTTO - STASH BUSTER - Summer Porch Block - All Rec'd - Picture Posted

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: FEBRUARY LOTTO - STASH BUSTER - Summer Porch Block - All Rec'd - Picture Posted

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Finished up my sixth set this AM. Now to just get ready to mail.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

guyquilt1

Re: FEBRUARY LOTTO - STASH BUSTER - Summer Porch Block - All Rec'd - Picture Posted

Post by guyquilt1 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:10 am

I am new in the Community. When a person agrees to make a set (or sets) of blocks for this particular LOTTO, is the due date the last day (in this case) last day of February? And where do we sent the finished block? I did not see a mailing address. The LOTTO part of this exchange is based on the number of participants and how many sets are needed to complete a full quilt. Does the lead quilter assign the number of tickets earned and keeps track of each participants total earned tickets prior to the drawing? Am I notified of my number of tickets earned? Also when sending the completed sets to the lead quilter, how is the 2 to 3 dollars included (cash? in the mail?) Many thanks, guyquilt1

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:58 am

Guyquilt1 you send them to Teresa Kittredge. I will pm you her address. Make sure you put your name on each of your block or block sets. They are due last day of month. If you can't get them done because of life, Don't worry, it happens. Also pay for tracking on your blocks.

Flo

guyquilt1

Post by guyquilt1 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Sign me up for 4 sets

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi everyone - Thank you Flo for answering all the questions for me. Sew Much appreciated :) I was feeling a bit under the weather which kept me away from the computer.
We have a Newbie - YEA!!!! WELCOME Guyquilt1 to the Lotto!! I hope you have as much FUN as we do each month you enter not only making blocks but also getting to know each everyone. There is never any pressure here as we all know life has a way of getting in the way of Cotton Time and family always comes first.

You will see down by the list of names how you earn tickets. That is how many you receive at the end of the month. If this is a quilt you really would like to make and want more chances of winning then feel free to make more blocks otherwise the choice is yours as to how many you make after 2. Yes you send cash when mailing your blocks.
(You get extra tickets this month if someone invited you and you both send blocks - Did someone???)

As the hostess when I receive your blocks I put your tickets into a Pot of Gold this month and we have a Hand of the Picker choose the winners. In January it was out Cable Guy who just happened to be here on the day of the Picking.
On the last day of the month I post the names of the winners at the top of the thread and notify you. By then everyone is filled with anticipation waiting to hear the news for all!!!
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. WELCOME AGAIN!!!

Valerie - WOW you really put the pedal to the floor. FABulous to have you with us this month!!!

HAPPY STITCHING!!!! May your Luck be in the stitches of your blocks :)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:07 am

Teresa: My blocks are in transit. You were suppose to get them yesterday, but tracking says they are still moving in your direction. I hope you get them today. It is good to get the tracking number and worth the extra cents.

9500 1158 8208 7031 0491 04

Sending you 4 sets.

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:07 am

Two sets done. O my these are addictive. You get some triangles sewed together and realize you need another green Then another so into scrap bag and old projects I go . Wow And I have had this book forever Who new. LOL

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:22 pm

I do have 1 St Patrick's Day memory. Growing up in an Italian house, any holiday was a cause for lasagna. So when Joe and I got married, I continued that tradition. After he got out of the Navy and we moved to So Cal, our first night at his parents' house was ST. Patrick's Day. His mom, not a good cook, made a tradition Irish dinner of corned beef and cabbage. MY hubby looks at the meal his mo was so proud of and uttered those never heard before words...."But mom. Where is the lasagna?"

I think that was when my MIL started disliking me.

Flo

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi ladies I just wanted to give you all an update from January's lotto :

Ladies, thank you so much for the comfort quilt blocks! Teresa has kindly offered to make the 2 quilts that are needed now out of them :) very sweet of you Teresa! I really appreciate all of the help with this project! Hugs to you all! 
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:56 am

I am enjoying reading all your St Pats memories. Being Irish and the daughter of a fun-loving Irish mom I have a few myself. But I can't join this month's swap cuz we are on the road with no power most nights. But suffice it to say our school lunches were full of green homemade bread, green cake, green grapes, and green Kool Aid for an entire week of March!

And Teresa, how generous of you to offer to make two whole quilts for the comfort quilt project! I know With helping her parents move, her mom in the hospital, and caring for DGC all day, every day, Tina is in overload. So nice of you to offer to help out!👏👏👏

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”