Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FEBRUARY LOTTO - STASH BUSTER - Summer Porch Block - All Rec'd - Picture Posted

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

FEBRUARY LOTTO - STASH BUSTER - Summer Porch Block - All Rec'd - Picture Posted

Post by TeresaK » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:39 pm

WOW - 60 SETS OF BLOCKS - BRILLIANT!!!!! As I look at all the blocks gathered on my table, waiting to be sorted, I am excited to know there will soon be some quilts or other projects made from them.
You ALL found your Irish jiggy shoes, perfect fabrics, stitched up and sent some very LUCKY blocks to very LUCKY 4 Cotton Pals. They will each receive 15 sets to be very creative!! CONGRATULATIONS go out to ...
Rose92 - Linda ... will be mailed with your quilt. Burying threads
Prairiewillow - Sonya ... 9505 5148 6997 7061 0450 83
WeSignificant - Valerie ... gifted ... will arrive on Monday 3-6
TeresaK - Teresa

WELCOME PALS to The FEBRUARY LOTTO MONTH which celebrates St. Patrick's Day and my Grandson, Spencer's 8th Birthday! Everyone is WELCOME!
5 REASONs TO JOIN?? (1)IT IS FUN!! (2)Never any pressure. The choice is always yours as to how many blocks you have time to make (3)It is a great place to practice and get ready for joining in a Swap (4)It is FUN TO WIN and/or to see a PAL WIN and be able to make a quilt that will be loved and hugged or used in any way they choose and (5)If you make a block to keep, you will have a Sampler Quilt at the end of the year :) :)

We will be making the Summer Porch block from A Quilt for ALL Seasons book. PLEASE, PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS as well as earning bonus tickets!!!
TIP: Fold your triangle and mark the center. Fold your strip to find the Center. Place Center to Center, Pin and sew with a Scant 1/4"

SHARED FROM VELDA: Even though this is an easy block, we all have to pay attention to the 1/4" and centering our strip and lining up the two triangles to be balanced. Here is a link to how she makes this block https://vimeo.com/27274021'>https://vimeo.com/27274021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H10XzP_ ... 10XzP_rXCo

* PLEASE TEST ALL YOUR FABRICS to AVOID RUNNING:
BLOCK CUTTING INSTRUCTIONS:
* SQUARE - SCRAPPY Prints or TOT - 5" Squares
* CENTER STRIPS - CUT 1.5" x 8" for the center strips as close to a Light Tan TOT's or Tiny Prints. (I picked up a Primitive Gatherings for Moda pattern 1158 to use with mine. Sort of a Dark Creamy/Light Tan)
* You will be making 4 BLOCKs to a SET. DO NOT TRIM OR SQUARE UP :)

Here are a number of Jacquie's blocks although Photobucket is not cooperating at the moment. The centers are cream. The photo makes them lighter. DO NOT TRIM your TIPS
BEFORE MAILING---
* PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT SQUARE UP YOUR BLOCKs
* Place your Name Tag/Address label in the FRONT UPPER LEFT CORNER
* Place ALL blocks in ONE Plastic Bag
* Send $2-3 to help with shipping blocks to winners. Any money left over from that month always goes in the Kitty Bank to be used for Free Months.
* ALWAYS MAIL with a TRACKING NUMBER

WAYS to RECEIVE your WINNING tickets ...
* 1 ticket = Let me know if interested early and you send blocks
* 1 ticket = Sets of 4 blocks
* 2 Tickets = Invite a Friend and you both send blocks.

EXTRA "OPTIONAL FUN and GETTING TO KNOW YOU" TICKETS
* 1 ticket = if any of your blocks have the Color Leprechaun GREEN or Gold in the print
* 1 ticket = How do you ENJOY St. Patrick's Day

ARRIVED
Shelly322002 - Jacquie ... 6 sets (with a Mini); story
TeresaK - Teresa ... 7 sets; story
Rose92 - Linda ... 7 sets; Story - WELCOME NEWBIE!!!
Quiltgram8 - Velda ... 4 sets; Story
Prairewillow - Sonya ... 9 sets
MEPIECE2 - Katy ... 6 sets; story
FlorenceM - Flo ... 4 sets; story
WeSignificant - Valerie ... 8 sets
Guyquilts - Rick ... 4 sets - WELCOME NEWBIE!!!
Ysabel ... 5 sets

HAPPY STASH DIVING AND ENJOY STITCHING UP SOME BEAUTIES!!!!

TeresaK

Re: FEBRUARY LOTTO - STASH BUSTER - Summer Porch Block - All Rec'd - Picture Posted

Post by TeresaK » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:51 pm

For me I spend St.Patricks Day celebrating Spencer's birthday. He was born a few hours before this FUN day! WHen I was working I would always wear green to avoid being pinch - OUCH!!!!

*** If you are making a block for your End of the Year Quilt you will need to make a 3.5" unfinished block to enjoy a very pretty 12.5 unfinished Year End block. This block is in the Egg Money Book but I wanted to see more colors in the fabric block than in the center strip. Very doable.

ENJOY and HAPPY STASH DIVING!!

WeSignificant

Re: FEBRUARY LOTTO - STASH BUSTER - Summer Porch Block - All Rec'd - Picture Posted

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:22 am

I have several cut, (i didn't count) and 3 made up. Still sewing away.

Second post-4 set made need to press. 21 more cut (yes I know I should have counted as I went!). Need to find some more cream.

I am thinking, it may easier for the winners if the tails were left intact?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:34 am

oooo easy one:) I will pull some greens now:)

izzy
🐐izzy

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:42 am

Very pretty blocks this month... I enjoyed making them!!
I'm hoping to win them for my DD1 as she ADORES green!!
Happy sewing! Hugs all! xxx Jacquie xxx

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:39 pm

Hecky darn,,, I don't have greens that I know of... will keep looking.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:09 am

I should clarify - 21 of the small blocks, that would be 5 more sets. I found a cream yesterday so will get to going on the rest.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:13 am

Ok QUESTION?????? you know me I always have one LOL

stripe in center: TAN, WHITE, TOT ?????

Jacquies look white, instructions say TAN TOT????? I am pulling fabrics and not sure what the stripe in center is to be?

LOL BLONDE girl confused again :)

Izzy
🐐izzy

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:02 am

I am in. We will have to wait to see how many LOL Got some green fat quarters at Piece to peace quilt shop in Macomb Illinois. This shop actually was in the Homes and Gardens Special Edition of Quilt Sampler. Kathleen is a wonderful person and sure knows how to make her customers feel welcome.

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:41 am

Of course I'm in!...Green's my favorite color...got lots of it...and tan/cream TOT. :)

Sonya.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”