Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Aplique Antique Skeleton Key Swap.Finished. Packages on their way

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
javin22

Aplique Antique Skeleton Key Swap.Finished. Packages on their way

Post by javin22 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:17 am

Happy New Year!! Our Key swap is finally here! I hope you will all join with me for this fun swap. Sign up by Jan 20th. Blocks due by March 11th. Please read all the instructions thoroughly, and ask me any questions.
It will be applique antique skeleton key and something that the key opens. Please make the key in blacks, or metalics. Colors for what it opens is your choice. You can make the key any size, but I prefer it to be at least 4 inches long.
You may also do machine embroidery if you like, just as long as it has a key.

I would like lots of different items in our quilt. So think antique, and something old looking that your antique skeleton key opens. There are many free key patterns on line or you can just make up your own design. For ideas of what it can open, it can be anything from jewelry box, bird cage, treasure chest, lock, door, old bag or purse, wind up music box, gum ball machine, mailbox, doll cabinet, china cabinet, a piano, roll top desk, journal, wind up toy/doll, secret garden, house, locket, the gates of heaven, seahorse shaped key for a treasure under the sea, you name it. The sky is the limit!

No white, cream, backgrounds and no muslin. No thin fabrics. Use good quality 100% cotton only. Pre-wash all fabrics before cutting. Don’t square up your blocks.

Your background can be tan, or beige. We want it to look antique. You may use different fabrics for your blocks, but use the same pattern.

12 ½” block
Limit 20 blocks.

Attach label on each block with forum name and real name and where you are from
Put blocks in one large ziplock bag , with your return address on it.

Make sure your blocks measure at least 12 ½”. It is better to trim a bit off, than me having to ship them back to you un-swapped. Measure every block with a 12 ½” square up ruler to make sure. I will be measuring every block.
Please ask me any questions you may have.
Shipping is $7.20 for a flat rate padded envelope. Just send cash only, no checks. I have the envelopes for return shipping for padded envelope priority mail. If you are out of the USA, we will work out the shipping individually.

THE FINE PRINT
. Chriss, Tina, Izzy and I are acting as one hostess. We are sharing information. If you bail out on any of our swaps, it will be 1 strike against you on all of our swaps.
To join you must be a posting member of this forum for at least three months and be familiar with the way WE run our swaps….
If you sign up and fail to follow through on this swap you won’t be able to sign up for the next swap any of us host that you ask to join. If after sitting out a swap you fail to follow through again you won’t be able to sign up for any swap that WE host. If you take a spot in this swap it is a commitment and must be met. We run tight drama free swaps... we can "what if" till the cows come home but in the end it's an obligation and it needs to be taken seriously. If you are a person who can't send on time or if you think our rules are to strict please don't sign up for one of our swaps.
If you send incomplete blocks or your blocks are not the required size and of the required fabric and not sewn not securely they will be returned to you using your postage.
We will no longer be allowing block choosing. Hostess will have first choice of the blocks then sort the rest, what you get is what you get.
Be sure to use priority mail and keep your postal receipt. It will have your tracking number on it. In the event your blocks don’t show up and you don’t have this number you won’t be able to sign up for our next swap. If you do have this number we will be able to track your package it will be located and included.
Communication and follow through are key. If you have any questions please ask prior to taking a spot in this swap. If you have any problems or concerns, PM me and we can take care of it in private so it doesn’t cause problems on the forum. If you join, you must comment in the swap thread once a week at least until I have your blocks, especially during the last month of the swap if I still don't have your blocks.
Be sure to check in often to see how things are moving along…

Thanks again my friends, I really appreciate your support in joining my swaps. I treasure and cherish your beautiful works of art, and they bring me so much joy. :)

1.Vinae(javin22)old clock w/key
2.Denise(DouceFleur1)Heart paddle lock w/key
3.Carolyn(cupcake) paddle lock w/key
4.Lori (zfatcat)gate w/key
5.Jacquie (shelly322002) Trinket box w/key
6.Beverly (Muse&Sew) Necklace/bracelet w/key
7.Izzy (Billizzy)Bird w/key and Birdcage
8.Yvette (Sewingbee44)
9.Jacquie(shelly322002) Diary

✔ means you have your set of blocks back
Received:
Vinae✔
Izzy✔
Lori✔
Denise✔
Jacquie
Jacquie
Yvette✔
Carolyn✔
Beverly✔

WeSignificant

Re: Aplique Antique Skeleton Key Swap.Finished. Packages on their way

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:05 am

Sure wish my applique skills were up to par. This sounds like it will be a really pretty quilt. Beyond my ability though. 😐
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

javin22

Post by javin22 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:24 am

Hi Val, we do a lot of applique on here and would love everyone to practice applique so you can join in the fun. It gets easier the more you do it. There are several methods to choose from. You might find one easier than an other.

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:49 am

Vinae, you can sign me up!

javin22

Post by javin22 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:54 am

Denise- I got cha down. :)
Oh and could you please post your sample. Thanks so much. I haven't got a sample of mine yet. I will try to get on it this week.

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:49 am

This is the sampler I have made last year when the swapalooza projects were listed. Hope you'll like it.

javin22

Post by javin22 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:51 am

Love it Denise, thanks so much for posting it. :D

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:06 am

Denise it's beautiful! Love it!
Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:34 am

I will have to start doing more applique. Maybe I will try a sample block.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

javin22

Post by javin22 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:37 am

Val- yes, that is a great idea! There is lots of time to try one out before sign ups close.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”