Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

2017 JANUARY LOTTO - Log Cabin Block - MaryRose first quilt in her New Sewing Solace Room

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: 2017 JANUARY LOTTO - Log Cabin Block - MaryRose first quilt in her New Sewing Solace Room

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:52 am

haha, Val! You're right! I shouldn't teach my fabric to fib! My English teachers at good old St. Leo's (all 12 yrs!!) would be aghast!

I read the fabric requirements the same way you did. And since I used up the little bit of print-on-light that I had making the wrong blocks, I guess I'll probably withdraw for this month. But the good news is that I made enough blocks to put together an entire quilt top for Tina's comfort projects. Which was my purpose anyway.

WeSignificant

Re: 2017 JANUARY LOTTO - Log Cabin Block - MaryRose first quilt in her New Sewing Solace Room

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:44 am

I am searching the scrap bin and cleaning out but not much luck
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:40 am

Mary - Don't you dare withdraw (smiling)!!!! But if you need to that is ok. No worries here. Mistakes happen and you made a wonderful comfort quilt for Tina. Sew use what you have.
I change it to either/or prints/TOT's according to anyones stash.
Every block will be in it purrfect place as every quilt is a creation unto itself.

WELCOME KATY!!! What happened to your machine? or is it your foot? Your handstitching is beautiful!!!

Valerie - It took me a tick to see what you were saying to Mary - made me giggle. Remember you can use any color. We can have a rainbow. The first quilt I quilted was for MaryEllen. She made a Rainbow Log Cabin that I remember well. I will endevour to find the picture. It is a two color Log Cabin though which we might try in the future :) :)

I have the Newsletter to finish and then off to sewing some more December Blue blocks while I wait for Flo's to arrive :) :)

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Note from Teresa...Her power is out & unknown when it will be back up...So hang tight cotton pals.

Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:54 am

we had a riproaring T-storm this morning with wind, rain, L&T. Woke us up at 4:15. Had to soothe, and then feed, the fur-kids. Read for a while and finally decided to sew. Finished 6 log cabin blocks using 2-1/4" "logs" with the last round of logs being 2-1/2". Will mail them soon. Three for Tina and three for the lotto kitty. And if I happen to be a lucky winner, then I'll donate all my winnings to Tina's comfort quilts.

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:35 am

Been sewing today, I'm 3/4 the way through 4 blocks, really cute!!
xxx J xxx

grannysparlor

Post by grannysparlor » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Count me in. I will try to make 4. I have never made a log cabin before.

grannysparlor

Post by grannysparlor » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:49 pm

Ok I have never made a Log Cabin block before. I am already confused. What is the strips to be cut to. Thanks

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:39 am

Hi, Pat! Nice to see you! Last I heard, Teresa was out of power and off the computer, so I will try to answer your question. The directions are a little confusing and have been changed more than once, so I hope I'm giving you the correct info here. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, please.

But this is how I understood it: The yellow center is to be a 2-1/4" square and the strips for the 'logs' are to be cut at 2-1/4". But since this only makes an unfinished block of 12-1/4", Teresa has asked us to make the last round of strips on each block 2-1/2" to bring the block up to about 12-3/4". The recipients can trim them down. We do NOT square them up. Blocks tend to ravel a bit in transit and with handling. So we don't square them up before mailing.

Does this help? Happy sewing!

mary

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:22 am

Teresa sorry but gonna pass on this one. I want to but I have a lot to do this month and I am already behind:) Hugs and sorry. I will watch next months:)

izzy
🐐izzy

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”