Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

2017 JANUARY LOTTO - Log Cabin Block - MaryRose first quilt in her New Sewing Solace Room

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: 2017 JANUARY LOTTO - Log Cabin Block - MaryRose first quilt in her New Sewing Solace Room

Post by TeresaK » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:47 am

POWER came back so now I am still playing CATCH-UP!!
Jacquie - LOVED seeing a picture of your blocks in Messenger. Now we need to get them over here for all to see!!!

Izzy - no worries. I know how life can get busy. See you when you are able but keep watch and let us know how we are doing. THe Pals LOVE great feedback.

Mary - WOnderful to have you back. I LOVE a RIP-Roaring thunder storms!! Purrrrrrfect time to stitch up any blocks. 3 for Tina is great. Thanks for supporting the Lotto and Tina's support quilts. You almost had the explaination right. THank you for being here when my power was out. Much appreciated!!

******* There are 2 ways you can make this block. #1 or #2. Either way will work. By making a test block you will know which way will be the best for you.

(1) If you cut all strips at 2.25" and your seam allowances are consistent then your block will be an un-finished 12.75". The winners will then take off 1/8" on all sides to square the blocks to 12.5" unfinished blocks before stitching together.

(2) If you do the above BUT cut your last 4 Outer strips at 2.5" then your block will measure 13 3/8".

Pat - Hope the above helps. I know you will do GREAT!! :)

shelly322002

Re: 2017 JANUARY LOTTO - Log Cabin Block - MaryRose first quilt in her New Sewing Solace Room

Post by shelly322002 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:07 am

Thanks Teresa, I LOVED making these blocks and they came together 'sew' quickly too!! Here is a picture of the January beauties!!
I've made 6 for the 'lotto' and will make 2 for Tina but a different colour and of cause your cute little 6" to add to your collection for being such a FABBY host and looking after us all 'sew' beautifully!!!!! Hugs!! xxx

'Jump right in ladies, the waters beautiful'!!
xxx Jacquie xxx

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:03 am

Thanks Teresa I will:) I just didnt have any whites that would work. UGH

Jacquie has beautiful whites OMG love them:) pretty blocks:)

This will be a beautiful quilt when all said and done for sure:)

Izzy
🐐izzy

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:27 am

Thanks Izzy for letting me know. It's a bit tricky knowing what fabrics pals have so no worries. March always have greens in the block so
This definitely will be a FABulous quilt. I can't wait to see it finished.

Jacquie's your blocks are wonderful and you made them so fast even with ordering fabrics. I am amazed at shipping times lately. Can't wait to see them up close. THe colors are always more vibrant!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:00 pm

Mary - WONDERFUL Blocks arrived in my mailbox1 I was delighted when I opened the package. FULL of Beautiful colors and fabric choices. Thank you for making blocks for TIna. I know she will LOVE them!!! They are playing nice with mine and will wait patiently (NO rush) for the others to arrive and play :) The Kitty Thanks You for the money. You are a sweetheart :)

Flo - This month is a Freebie for you as you sent money in December when it was a Freebie. Happy Stitching!!!!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:22 am

Teresa, glad my blocks found their way to you and that they passed inspection! Oops on the $$! I accidentally mailed enough for swaps instead of lottos. But I guess now I'm paid ahead for the next lotto I join! I'll be glad then!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:31 am

Mary - We all have Pre-Senior moments - Works for me :)

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:50 am

Well Teresa and all others I found a quilt in a day Log cabin book.
This is the third edition someone gave to me because I collect El's books. So I guess I am good to go. LOL The book came out in 1986. The third edition of her original book which I believe came out in 1978. I guess I have been depending on El for a long time.
Now to get to work. LOl
Katy

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Lol Katy, the only book of El's with the pattern I could find on my shelf was 'underground railroad'. I hope El hasn't changed the pattern at all!! Eeeek!!

My 6 blocks, 2 for Tina and a cheeky wee 6.5" block for Teresa will be heading out in a few days across the pond...

xxx J xxx

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:31 pm

Katy. WOW that is an awesome find!!! Just REMEMBER we are using 2.25" strips. NOT 2.5". The last 2 lights and 2 darks you can cut at 2.5" unless you are confident in your seam allowances to get to a 12.75" block using the 2.25".

Happy Stitching!!!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”