Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

December LOTTO - QUILTERs CHOICE - WINTER WONDERLAND Theme - Pictures Posted at top

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: December LOTTO - QUILTERs CHOICE - WINTER WONDERLAND Theme - Pictures Posted at top

Post by TeresaK » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:03 am

Velda - how sweet to make blocks like Valerie's. It truly is a wonderful block and will go very well with the other blocks that will be stitched together with love. I can't wait to see how the blocks will look like on my wall with the assorted sizes. Anticipation is mounting!!!

The first Christmas with a little one is so special. It is the beginning of the rest of the story to be told. How awesome your hubby was to go get batteries and bring home toys that will be treasured for a long time. It is the little things we do that make life truly wonderful.

Katy - that is a wonderful memory of the pure love an animal can bring you. No matter how much trouble they get into they will love you unconditionally. She surely did show you how much she loved you by always being at your side.

Valerie - I am smiling because I know you are 😀😀

QuiltGram8

Re: December LOTTO - QUILTERs CHOICE - WINTER WONDERLAND Theme - Pictures Posted at top

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:53 am

Here is my lay out for year end Lotto quilt. Any one else doing this, this year?
It's a great memory of a great year.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:23 am

Velda, that is really neat!...Unfortunately I got a late start this year so I won't have a year end...but I plan to for next year...:)

I have had my fabric pulled for a bit but decided to go ahead and get some more white on white for a couple blocks since I needed some anyway for another special project and I seriously didn't even have a smidgen of it left!

I just got some this weekend and just moved it from the washer to the dryer so as soon as it's done I will stitch up some blocks. :)

Really love the blocks pictured.

((((Hugs))))) Sonya

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:07 am

Velda - WOW great Layout!! WIll be awesome to see when it is finished. Will you be adding any sashing or borders to it. TIme will tell me the answer to that question as you ponder over it some more while stitching it together :)

Sonya - That is a BRILLIANT purchase. We always need White on White fabrics throughout the year. Very happy to know you will be with us this coming year.

I LOVE the picture of the Christmas quilt as it shows some wonderful suggestions for the 6.5" blocks and the 6.5"x12.5" blocks. Even appliqueing some 12.5" blocks as well. PERFECT OVER-ALL!!!!!

MERRY STITCHING!!!!!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:01 am

Got my blocks all ready to mail. I started out only planning to make the large blocks, then I found the perfect pattern to add the 6 1/2 block set of 4. Then I noticed I had just enough of my print fabric left to make a 6 1/2 x 12 1/2 of each print.

Hope you like what I did with my applique on the 6 1/2 by 12 1/2 inch blocks.

Maybe I will post a picture later today. ?????

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:16 am

I added one extra weird block because I cut too many squares while preparing for my half square triangles for the 6 1/2 squares.i hooe it will work as an extra.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:56 am

Mary - Your blocks have landed at my house. Came in very smoothly with no troubles at all. The blocks are even more beautiful in person. I know how busy you have been over the last few months which makes me even more grateful for you to have joined us this month. My heart is filled with joy!!!

Velda - Katy: Recieved your PM's letting me know you have mailed. I am eagerly awaiting their arrivals :) :)

I am still working on this T-Shirt quilt. Making progress each day but trying not to over-do it. My neck and back are really hurting and I have scheduled a Dr.s appt. I have no doubts I will be able to finish my blocks by the time I have received all of yours. Please if you could keep me in your prayers. Thanks!!!!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:21 am

Teresa, glad my blocks found their way to you!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:52 am

Just looked at all your pretties:) love the year long sampler quilt idea too:)

Izzy
🐐izzy

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:19 am

I am loving all the wonderful MugRugs that have been made by Secret Santas for their Elves. They would make wonderful 6.5" blocks for this month. Take a look see if you get the chance :) :)

MERRY STITCHING!!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”