Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

December LOTTO - QUILTERs CHOICE - WINTER WONDERLAND Theme - Pictures Posted at top

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: December LOTTO - QUILTERs CHOICE - WINTER WONDERLAND Theme - Pictures Posted at top

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:46 am

I have 2 12.5 in blocks done and 1 6.5 inch. Will be working on some more
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Re: December LOTTO - QUILTERs CHOICE - WINTER WONDERLAND Theme - Pictures Posted at top

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:12 am

What is the name of Valerie's pattern? I would like to make my blocks with that pattern. It looks so neat with the fussy cut block in the center and star points around.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:44 am

Vel, it has several names. Google party hats quilt block and it should come up.
Valerie

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:40 pm

Thanks
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:49 pm

Here is Mary's beautiful Block she sent me the picture of. Love the fabrics and the colors. I just might be starting to wish for the Picker to pick my name :) :)

Katy - how many 6.5" blocks do you have? 4/5?
The memory of the present is either one you received or one you gave.

Valerie - THanks for the link to the block. I wish I could remember the other names.

Will be working on mine in between making and quilting the T-shirt quilt for a customer for a Christmas present. Yes it will be down to the wire as it needs to be mailed

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:12 am

The one Christmas gift I remember giving and will never forget was a 7week old toy poodle. She came home in my dx's pocket she was that tiny. A present for my young children. I thought I would put her in a doll buggy cover her up and she would be fine. Also a clock for the ticking effect. Yep you guessed it she raised all kinds of cane.
Her first night away from mom and in a strange world. Guess what happened next. Yep she slept in my bed quieted down curled up next to me under the covers. AND SHE SLEPT THAT WAY FOR THE NEXT 16 years. As you can tell the Christmas present was a surprise for my children I snuck her downstairs and into the doll buggy. They were totally surprised. But as far as she was concerned she was mine LOL.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:00 pm

Katy, that is such a sweet story and memory.
Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:07 am

Valerie and others on this swap: I hope you all don't mind that I decided to copy Valerie and make the "Party Hat" block. I was working on them yesterday and decided, maybe I should have been original and should have made a different pattern. The reason I liked this one is the fussy cut center and the squares around look like a star. It just appealed to me so much. I have my 12 1/2 inch blocks made.

Now to decide if I want to venture into making some smaller blocks. I have to do some thinking on this a little bit. I have an idea, but haven't made up my mind yet.

Also I got to thinking about Christmas memory to share. Hmmmm. This is really an old memory. Almost 45 years ago. Our first child's second Christmas. He would have been about 1 1/2 yrs old. First chance for us to play Santa. What fun!

We had a rocking horse chair-like thing as his BIG gift. As we approached Christmas, DH's parents were sharing with us what they had for him wrapped under their tree. We felt it was going to be hard to compete with their generosity.

Christmas Eve as we began to set up the "scene" under the tree (It was always our tradition, that Santa gifts were never wrapped!) We stood back and admired our first REAL Christmas with our first child. Oh, my, it sure looked like a sad state of affairs!!! There are only a couple of toys for him??? And one of them needed batteries and we forgot to buy them. What were we thinking. Remember, by now it is nearly midnight on Christmas Eve. The only places open were a gas station and a 24-hour super market. So off hubby goes on a quest.

He found batteries (yippee!!) And two bright plastic toy trucks so colorful and bright. And so we went to bed that night, just hoping that this little baby would be surprised and happy on Christmas morning. Well, what does a baby that small even know about Christmas, but Mommy and Daddy do and try to go through all the motions.

The next morning, the first things he went for was the little plastic cheap trucks. and..... they were some of his favorite toys that year.

Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:39 am

Vel - I don't know about every body else but I am flattered that you would want to copy me! That doesn't happen often in my life! Makes me feel special!

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:13 am

Of course Vel Mine always went for the boxes. LOl That was a great story.

I have 2 12.5 inch blocks done 4 6.5 inch blocks and two 6.5 by 12.5 almost done Need to applique the mittens . Yep these will be mailed Friday.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”