Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

December LOTTO - QUILTERs CHOICE - WINTER WONDERLAND Theme - Pictures Posted at top

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

December LOTTO - QUILTERs CHOICE - WINTER WONDERLAND Theme - Pictures Posted at top

Post by TeresaK » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:50 am

Here is the wall layout of everyone's Winter blocks. Katie gifted me her blocks in a trade for other blocks and Flo gifted her blocks to Ysabel so that she would have a better start to her New Year than she had last year. THANK YOU KATIE and FLO for your HUGE HEARTS!!! I know Ysabel and I will LOVE playing with different layouts and stitching them together. THe memory will last a lifetime.
This is the beginning of my Calendar Strip Block Quilt I will make in 2017. Can't go wrong with all the fabrics out when I make my Monthly Lotto Blocks!!!
WOW - How do I say THANK YOU for a FABulous Year of TERRIFIC Blocks and GROWING Friendships! It has been a PLEASURE getting to know you all much better. The stories you have shared from your heart have made it a truly joyful year for me and I know sew for you :)

SYNOPSIS of the YEAR depending on when you joined. It was a quiet year until June when we had 5 more Pals join us. Velda and I played in 12 months so we are able to make the Sampler Quilt - WOW!!! All in all we had 17 Lotto Pals with everyone WINNERs - YEA!!! 5-won 1ce; 5-won 2ce; 4-won 3 times; 2-won 4 times; 1-won 5 times. Congratulations to everyone!!!!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE ... On a BEAUTIFUL RAINY DAY in the DESERT The WINNERS ARE...
FlorenceM - Flo
MEPIECE2 - Katy
TeresaK - Me ...sweet!!!

Last Lotto of the Year - WOW!!!! Lot's of wonderful inspiration went into the choice this month. Christmas in July when we made all different sizes and Katy's Winter Wonderland Quilt.
THIS IS A FREEBIE MONTH - THE KITTY THANKS YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY THROUGHOUT THE YEAR - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Here is Valerie's delightfully Winter block as our GoTo Sample

Here is a picture of Javin's Christmas Quilt. Great inspiration for everyone :) :)

BLOCK: Quilter's Choice of any Pieced or Applique'd
SIZE OPTIONS. Any or All: 12.5" sq's; (4)6.5" sq's; (2)6.5" rectangles
FABRICS: PRIMARILY DOMINANT Blues, Whites, Silvers. A Theme fabric may have other colors in it like Valerie's sample block.
YES: Fairy frost and minimal silver metalics
NO: Glitter or solids
USE your Best Christmas WINTER WONDERLAND Judgement :) :)
BEFORE MAILING---
* PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT SQUARE UP YOUR BLOCKs
* Place your Name Tag/Address label in the FRONT UPPER LEFT CORNER
* Place ALL blocks in ONE Plastic Bag -
* Send NO MONEY!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
* ALWAYS MAIL with a TRACKING NUMBER

WAYS to RECEIVE your WINNING tickets ...
* 1 ticket = Let me know if you are interested early / you send blocks
* 1 ticket = for any 12.5" sq's, (4)6.5" sq's, (2)6.5" Rect's
* 1 ticket = if your blocks reach me by the 31st
* 1 ticket = One of your FAVORITE Christmas Gift and why
EXTRA TICKETS
* 2 ticket = if your blocks reach me by the 25th
* 2 ticket = if you make all of the size choices: 12.5" squares; (4)6.5" squares; (2)6.5" rectangles

(NO PRESSURE EVER - Sew what gives you the JOY of CHRISTMAS and the FUN of playing with ALL the Christmas Cotton fabrics that bring wonderful memories to your heart.
ARRIVED - - -
MEPIECE2 - Katy ... 2-12.5"; 4-6.5"; 2-6.5"x12.5" blocks
Quiltgram8 - Velda ... 4-12.5"; 4-6.5"; 2-6.5"x12.5" blocks
TeresaK - Teresa ... 4-12.5"; 2-6.5"; 2-6.5x12'5" blocks
WeSignificant - Valerie ... 2-12.5"; 3-6.5"; blocks
FlorenceM - Flo ... 4-12.5" blocks
Purrfect-Lady - Mary ... 6-12.5" blocks

QuiltGram8

Re: December LOTTO - QUILTERs CHOICE - WINTER WONDERLAND Theme - Pictures Posted at top

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Count me in!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Re: December LOTTO - QUILTERs CHOICE - WINTER WONDERLAND Theme - Pictures Posted at top

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:09 pm

I'm in!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:39 am

Count me in for at least 2. but you know I have all those 6.5 inch ones left LOl But I think I would enjoy some larger blocks. can they have embroidery?
Katy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:16 am

I am going to try to make and send some blocks. But we will be wheels up in 3 very busy days and then traveling for two weeks before setting wheels down in Texas. So no promises until I actually have them made. I love this color scheme for winter quilts!
mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:19 am

Me too!!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:04 am

Teresa--I'm looking through my fabrics... I have a snowflake print with gold, lighter blues and a navy background, so I discarded it... My other blues and white aren't very winter... Then I thought... batiks! I do have some winter batik blues... will they work? If so, I'll attempt to make some blocks.

My favorite Christmas gift is my DGS. My late DH had been diagnosed with stage IV cancer earlier that summer. My DD and her DH had wanted children for several years, and after treatments and procedures had decided to adopt. Of course, we all know how difficult a baby adoption can be... After several years, they were shopping on Black Friday in a store they never went to and ran into a childhood friend in one of the aisles. She had a new baby, and after much ooing and ahing, she said her baby was adopted from a relative. Of course, they exchanged phone numbers and "if you ever hear..." A few days later... the friend called and said a cousin of the girl she had adopted from was in a situation and was going to give up her baby. They met with her and her mother and exchanged phone numbers. The girl had never been to a doctor and thought she was due in January some time... Exactly one week before Christmas Eve, they were shopping and received a call to go to the delivery room... There they saw the birth of their son. I took a rainbow baby afghan I had crocheted for my "someday I hope to have grandbabies stash that also had some quilts, bibs, and other layette items". My late DH had just gotten out of the hospital after surgery, but the next day he went to the hospital to see this most special of all Christmas gifts. My grandson will be 18 the week before Christmas.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:02 am

I have many favorite Christmas gifts. Hard to decide. I LOVED the tea set and 36" walking doll I got for Christmas when I was 10. Still hanging on my wall is an oil painting of the very best tuxedo cat that ever scratched a couch, my Tango. It was painted by an old boyfriend of my DD's who was an artist. But probably my all time favorite was the first Christmas Bill and I were dating - 1990. He gave me a new Bernina! I think the reason I loved it the best is pretty obvious! His mother tried to tell him that wasn't a good gift to give a girlfriend. I told her to bite her tongue!

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:02 am

I am looking through my stash for appropriate fabrics...:)

Miriam..WOW!...What an absolutely beautiful story. Just made my Christmas better hearing this blessing of your grandson being born during this season, and the miracle surrounding it...

((((Hugs))))) Sonya

Teresa..I will let you know if I'm in in just a bit...:)

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:50 am

Velda - Happy to see you come play with us. Think Lyn might make some blocks with you. What a thrill it would be for her to join us.

Valerie - You made such a pretty sample block I had a feeling you were in. Always Happy to hear it :)

Katy - Perfect Lotto for you to add your leftover blocks to. I Love your winter quilt and would be delighted to have more of yours if I was to win this month. Oh how I LOVE Christmas :)

Mary - I was hoping but wasn't sure you were going to be able to join with being traveling and visiting. Did you bring your machine with you? That was quite a present your boyfriend gave you. Heck yes he is a keeper!!! Do you still sew using that machine??

Flo - Welcome back. Good to see you are settling in to your new home enough to join us.

Miriam - What a perfect gift the rainbow quilt was for your Grandson. For sure a definite Blessing from the GOod Lord. 18 yrs old? Doesn't it seem like yesterday??

Sonya - Will be waiting eagerly for your answer. Is it your sewing leg that has the stitches in it? I totally understand if you weren't able to sew. Ouch!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”