Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

NOVEMBER LOTTO - SCRAPPY LEAF Variation of Log Cabin - All arrived at destinations! Enjoy!!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: NOVEMBER LOTTO - SCRAPPY LEAF Variation of Log Cabin - All arrived at destinations! Enjoy!!!

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:30 pm

Cut carefully!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Re: NOVEMBER LOTTO - SCRAPPY LEAF Variation of Log Cabin - All arrived at destinations! Enjoy!!!

Post by TeresaK » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:18 pm

Not only Cut Carefully but also Square your blocks careful each time you add a strip EXCEPT for the last two strips.

Happy Stitching Tina

Thanks Linda :) :)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:59 pm

I have 7 made! Woohoo finally made it and early no less LOL
Tina

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:25 am

Tina - You definitely made it early. We aren't even in November yet and we are on a roll!! WOWsers!!! Mail anytime you are ready

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:02 am

Well, I just couldn't stand it any more!!! DH has an appointment for getting the truck tires rotated before our trip (well, they have free rotation, since we bought our tires from them) Has to be after a certain number of miles.
Anyway, he will be gone for over two hours and I got all my chores caught up, so I am going to get my fabric out and play a little bit this morning with our November pattern.

Yesterday, I dug out my fall colors and lined them all up and picked out the ones I want to use. Boy, what great therapy. I really was getting sewing withdrawal syndrome. LOL

I will post a picture later. I plan to add an extra strip on the block I keep for myself, so that all my end of year blocks will be the same size.

So glad to have this time to play. :)

Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:56 am

Here is my FIRST block!!! Wow, this is a really neat pattern!

Don't know yet how many I will send in.

This picture is especially for Teresa. Here's some color from our campground:

Have a Happy Day! I sure am!!

Vel

HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:20 am

Oh Velda - FABulous block!!!!! Love the colors especially of the leaf. Definitely a FAN of those colors. Thank you sew much for the picture. What a beautiful place to live for a while. How close are you to Lyn? Have you seen each other? Sure hope you get some sewing time together.

A TIP: When squaring up your 6.5" leaves: before adding the strips on to the block squared the sides that will be sewed to the strips. Leave the other sides alone. This saves time but also gives a wee bit extra on the entire block for the WINNERS to SQUARE when putting the quilt together.

ALSO: If you are still making blocks - Please IRON the background of the stem to the inside making the Stem POP and hide the seam of the background. THANKS

WATCH YOUR PLACEMENT of the STEM ON THE LEAF as you sew your strips to it.

ABOVE ALL - ENJOY!!!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:09 am

Teresa: Lyn and I are not together yet, not until I get to Texas. We are still in Illinois until Tuesday. I know I told you I wouldn't be working on my Lotto until after we moved, but I had an opportunity to sew yesterday and I took advantage of it. That probably confused you. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the Tips: I made absolutely sure that my diagonal line on my square up ruler went from corner to corner and there was very little to trim. I was also careful to allow just a smidge extra on all of my measurements for my 3" squares and 2 1/2 inch squares. It really does pay off to be just a bit generous.

I hope to make a block or two more after we get moved. It was so fun to get my sewing machine out and have a fun sewing day yesterday.

Just remembered that you wanted a memory for a fall quilt we made in the past. Well..... mine is of the small lap quilt I made two years ago when the Illinois girls had a get together at the Peaceful Applique quilt shop and we all took a class on the "Yellow Brick Road" quilt. I chose all fall colors for my quilt. Fall colors look good in the décor of our RV. I purchased their fabric license plate from the shop and with my machine I stitched everyone's name on the border of the license plate. The became my label for the back of my quilt.

I found the picture in my photobucket library.

Hugs
Vel

HUGS, 💕 Vel

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:36 am

ok got my fabrics pulled found a couple more greens and a pretty brown for the stems:) OOO now to cut and create. gotta do some typing for dh now but then sewing room I did clean it up and move things around a bit. My ironing board was too far from sewing table LOL I had to get up and go to the other end of room Teresa you've been in there that's a long walk isn't it LOL:)

well now I just roll the chair over and bam iron away LOL:)

I will post a pic when I actually get one done LOL:)
izzy
🐐izzy

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:09 am

Wonderful News Izzy!!! Sometimes picking fabrics is the hardest part of quilting. Eager to see what you have chosen.

You have a LOVELY sewing room but yes I understand what you mean by the ironing board across the room. My PT said for me TO put mine on the other side of the room so it would force me TO get up and not sit for so long. Makes me stiff when I get up if I sit for to long BUT Shhhh don't tell him that I also have an ironing mat I use for those blocks that need ironing after every strip. ENJOY your CREATIVE Time!!!!!

Velda - Hope all goes well in your packing up and getting ready to travel. I know you and Lyn will have a great time sewing and enjoying your time together. How did you both meet each other there? Were you friends before or meet there? Who joined QIAD first? Oh sew many questions!!!!What a beautiful memory to hold in your heart and to have a License Plate to treasure.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”