Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

October LOTTO Block - Disappearing 9 Patch - Fall Colors - THE WINNERs ARE!!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: October LOTTO Block - Disappearing 9 Patch - Fall Colors - THE WINNERs ARE!!!

Post by TeresaK » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:38 pm

Thanks Izzy - Yes I got the picture but Thank You for posting it here also. I can see it much clearer. Was playing around with making some 6.5" leaves tonight. I LOVE the scrappy look!
Is this your hint of saying you will join us if we make this block. Sure hope so :) :) :)

Ysabel stitched up some FABulous blocks and dropped them off last night. Will get a picture posted soon.

QuiltGram8

Re: October LOTTO Block - Disappearing 9 Patch - Fall Colors - THE WINNERs ARE!!!

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:15 am

OMG Izzy! That pattern has those little leaves in it, like my mystery puzzle you helped me figure out.

Now I have just decided how I am going to put those little blocks together!!! I will gather up all my pretty fall fabrics and build around the brown leaves on cream background. WOW, WOW, WOW, they will just pop!!!

Looking forward to that project. I am going to save your picture into my "to do" list so I will have it to look at again when I get ready to make it.

Thanks for sharing Izzy!!

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:51 am

Very pretty Izzy. Fall is my favorite time of the year. I am saving the picture also. I don't really have any specific memories of fall but since it's my birthday time I have lots of birthday memories. I suppose my favorite would be:

When I lived in Europe, I had a friend whose name was Cathy. Our BD's were just 3 days apart and our parents let us have hour parties together. I don't remember any of the presents just having such a good time with her. I have one picture my Dad gave me of what is probably our 6th birthday. We are sitting on the couch at my house. I think of her often. After moving to back to the states we lost track of each other. Would sure be fun to find her.

Will get my blocks finished up this weekend.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:18 am

hee hee HUMMM Teresa that might just happen:) I love the quilt and how it looks:) so many colors and sooo scrappy.

Izzy
🐐izzy

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:25 am

Izzy - I LOVE the Scrappy look of this quilt. Think you might have hit the spot for November :) Definitely would be using a light tan or medium creams for background. Will get the November Thread up and running over the net couple of days with sample blocks. If you have a sample block you want to share feel free to send it to my email.

Velda - Looks like you also want to make this quilt, so do I!!! :) :)

WOOHOO we have another Secret Santa joining us!!!! Wonder who is the Elf?? Time will tell.

EVERYONE: PLEASE let me know how you are doing. Ready to mail soon? No hurry but would love to know when to keep my eyes out for packages.

HAPPY WEEKEND STITCHING!!!!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:21 am

I will pull my fabrics and see what I come up with :) woo hoo:)
Izzy
🐐izzy

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:40 am

I should mention that quilt is a pattern by Calico patch quilt shop owner:) http://www.calicopatch.net/'>http://www ... patch.net/

We need to give her credit for that beautiful quilt:)

Izzy
🐐izzy

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:36 am

I am working on mine..:)..don't know how many I'm making yet...

Sonya

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:40 am

Love that Quilt, Izzy...and her shop site..:)

Yes, Teresa...I am blessed.:)

And you should definitely NOT eat buckeyes unless they are the chocolate and peanut butter ones!..:)

Sonya

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:44 am

Thanks Izzy - Yes we need to definitely give her the credit. It is a Stunning quilt for the Fall. Great choice!! Her shop choice is wonderful!! Are you going there to pick up the Wooly Pattern? Her Row by Row is a great one. I haven't had the chance to go through my Rows yet. Wonder if I have her pattern???

Thanks Sonya - I actually thought they were an eating nut. I am happy with my chestnuts :)

Will be keeping my eyes open for some package soon. BOING, BOING, BOING :) HAPPY STITCHING!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”