Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

up date

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Xochitl

up date

Post by Xochitl » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi ladies,
It's been a while since I've had a chance to log on.
Since December of last year, I've been busy with my sister's battle with Cancer. It has been an incredible difficult journey, nothing I would wish upon anyone. My sister lost her battle on July 16th and it's been the hardest thing I've ever had to go through. I'm trying to get on with life, but as many of you know, it's not easy. Teresa has been a true friend and extremely compassionate. I'm truly blessed to have her in my life.
Anyway, I just wanted you all to know that I'm trying to get back to what normal use to be. With Teresa's help, I know that slowly things will fall into place.
I'm starting with the block of the month for September.
It's nice to be back! ...at least part time!
Ysabel

purrfect-lady

Re: up date

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:49 am

Ysabel, so sorry to hear of the trials you've been through this summer and of the loss of your beloved sister. I've always said you don't really get over such a loss, but simply learn to live with it. It's a difficult path - I know - but you will get there one day. I promise. God bless.

mary

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:18 am

Sorry to hear of your sister's battle. My own sister has the battle, so far so good. I will keep you in my prayers.

Flo

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:29 am

Ysabel, so sorry to hear the news about you sister. Prayers to you and your family.
Tina

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:02 am

Ysabel, prayers for healing and comfort for you and your family during such a sad time. Sewing with a friend that can comfort you is always a good thing. I am glad you have one you can rely on:)

God Bless
Izzy
🐐izzy

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:07 am

Ysabel - I know with you going through the journey with your sister, being there for her as much as possible and me going through Rob's massive heart attack we have been both been there for each other. I especially remember you, Jamie and Cindy being with me the day of Rob's surgery. What a comfort it was having you all there and praying him and me through it.
We are both finding our way back to the things we enjoy one day at a time supporting each other. That's what friends do :) :)

Xochitl

Post by Xochitl » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:37 am

Wow, what a shower of blessings you ALL are!
Thank you ladies, for your kind words and prayers.
God Bless you all too :)
Ysabel

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:33 am

Ysabel: It's wonderful to see you post to us again. We have missed you.

Teresa is a great friend and sounds like you are just as great in her life as well. God Bless you BOTH!!

This forum is a wonderful source for strength, friendship, and FUN!!

Glad to have you back. Sending you a big Hug and my sympathy as well.

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:19 pm

Ysabel, My heart goes out to you, so sorry to hear that your have lost your beloved sister. I'm glad that you live so close to Teresa and you can both help each other get through the rough patches that happen in our lives. It sounds like you were a very loving sister and yes it will get easier, but I don't think we ever get over it. Prayers for an easier road ahead. Glad to see your getting back to doing something you love. Sewing

Joan

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:25 am

Ysabel ,Know this is late but so sorry you lost your beloved Sister.My prayers are with you.May you find comfort knowing others care. Becca

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”