Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SEPTEMBER LOTTO - QIAD Friendship block - Picture of Lori's Quilt Posted

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

SEPTEMBER LOTTO - QIAD Friendship block - Picture of Lori's Quilt Posted

Post by TeresaK » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:28 pm

WOW Wht a great month we had. Wonderful fabrics, delightful blocks! You ALL did a great job!!! Now you have waited long enough and the blocks have decided which ones want to go to FOUR HOMES - YES FOUR!!!
Emails and Facebook Messages were sent to the winners so we can now CONGRATULATE ... *** ALL MAILED. Numbers kept with me to protect the name of Secret Santa :) :)
Zfatcat - LORI
Florence - FLO
Prairiewillow - SONYA
Secret Santa #2

Photobucket wouldn't let me copy the other picture. Sorry
HELLO EVERYONE and WELCOME to September's Lotto. This is the month when school starts and making new friends begin. Lets show how it is done LOTTO STYLE by making The Friendship/Christian Cross Block. NEWBIES and SECRET SANTA's - Please join us for some FUN!
This is one of Velda's blocks. This is how you will send them to me minus the ruler :)

PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT CUT OFF YOUR TIPS. Send them as they are and let the winners decide how they want to cut them. It can be two sewn different ways so please strive to have a 1/4" seam allowance on the edges to sew on sashings or sew your blocks together. THANK YOU and ENJOY!!
This is my sample block that I will include in my End of the Year Quilt.
This is Linda's block and with her approval to show you how tricky the block can be to get the 1/4" seam allowance on the edges.
Measurements of all pieces are very important in the block. So take your time and pay close attention to the ones Eleanor give us when cutting, double checking your 1/4" seam allowance and aligning the row.
** A TIP: After you have sewn a row, have checked the measurements of your rows, fold your rows in half to find the middle alignment. Align the three rows on each side and then sew to the middle. After you sew your rows together place your 12.5" ruler on top to check and see IF it can be Squared to 12.5" but DO NOT SQUARE. Send as is please.
COLORS: Your choice of 2 fabrics
BACKGROUND: White on White (Please test your White up against others)
The block is LOCATED in QIAD's Egg Money book. Here is the LINK to the online tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTABBVP ... TABBVPBwzs

** SECRET SANTA's - September/October are the month's you definitely want to join as you can (a)gift your blocks to her to help her win (b) you can gift your WINNING blocks to be mailed to her (c) keep them and make her something special. If you want to be anonomous please send me PM's to keep your name off the list and to keep in contact. Please also tell me where/when you want me to mail them.

BEFORE MAILING---
* PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT SQUARE YOUR BLOCKs
* Place your Name Tag/Address label in the FRONT UPPER LEFT CORNER so it is easy for me to organize - (SS's, Do Not)
* Place ALL blocks in ONE Plastic Bag
* Send $2-$3 to help send blocks to winners, please
* ALWAYS MAIL with a TRACKING NUMBER

WAYS to RECEIVE your WINNING tickets ...
* 1 ticket = Let me know if you are interested and you send blocks
* 1 ticket = for every 12.5" block
* 1 ticket = if your blocks reach me by the 27th
* 1 ticket = if you and your Elf send blocks - triiiiiiicky :)
OPTIONAL:
* 1 ticket = Favorite Lotto/Friendship Memory
* 1 ticket = if you use tiny polka dots with a color

ABOVE ALL - ENJOY THE JOURNEY of MAKING NEW LOTTO FRIENDS

DELIVERED
TeresaK - Teresa ... 4 blocks FM
WeSignificant - Valerie ... 4 blocks
Oasis - Linda ... 2 blocks
Secret Santa ??? ... 6 blocks. FM
MEPIECE2 - Katy ... 2 blocks; FM
Quiltgram8 - Velda ... 4 blocks; FM
Zfatcat - Lori ... 5 blocks
Prairiewillow - Sonya ... 5 blocks; FM
Secret Santa - ??? ... 4 blocks; FM
FlorenceM - Flo ... 10 blocks; FM

QuiltGram8

Re: SEPTEMBER LOTTO - QIAD Friendship block - Picture of Lori's Quilt Posted

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:42 am

Count me in, Teresa. This should be a really fun block. I am ready to jump on board.

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:50 am

I'll make a few of these. Lori
Lori 8-)

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Sewing machine up & running! I am in again!

Flo

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:45 pm

WONDERFUL NEWS FLO!!!!!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:38 am

Here is my first block. I contacted Teresa today to ask if we needed to cut or trim off the points. She said to send "as is". So I am posting pictures to show how it looks when the block is finished.

This is a fun block. I know I will be making more to send.

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:52 pm

THANK YOU VELDA!!!! for posting the picture of your block. Colors are Oh-So-FAB!!!!
Thank you also for showing the picture with the ruler on top. Now everyone will have a sense of how it will be and if anything needs to be tweaked :) :) :)

Happy STITCHIN'!!!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:56 am

Ok the one and only time I read the thing all the way through I cannot find what fabric requirements are for the inside of the block, only the white on white. I am trying to figure out what the posted blocks have in common. Not my strong point! Teresa can I use the one I sent you a few months ago? I am going to try a few more of these if time permits.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:39 am

HI Valerie - YES, the one you sent me is PERFECT!!! We are off for the day to Bishop to see Rob's sister. I will post when I get home.

2 colors (1 center and one outside and then a White on White for the background.

Theme is "Friendship". Finding a friend to enjoy making lotto blocks to share with another friend.

HAPPY STITCHING!!!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:08 am

I have three blocks finished, but it is early yet. I was looking though fabrics and started choosing a couple other combinations and who knows, might get one or two more blocks stitched.

I have some other projects waiting for me, so I don't know how many I will get finished before time to mail.

Hugs
Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”