Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SEPTEMBER LOTTO - QIAD Friendship block - Picture of Lori's Quilt Posted

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
QuiltGram8

Re: SEPTEMBER LOTTO - QIAD Friendship block - Picture of Lori's Quilt Posted

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:56 am

My very favorite memory is last year when Teresa was on her road trip and a group of us from Illinois gathered and met her for lunch and then all visited the newest quilt shop that had opened in our hometown. It was so much fun.

I am looking forward to the Quilt Show in Houston this fall. I missed going to it last year, but plan to attend this year on our way to Aransas Pass, Tx. I have heard that Maryq is going to be there. Woo Hoo! another special memory is in store to meet her.

This forum is such a great place full of friends, fun (Lotto and Swaps), and FABRIC!!!

Hugs
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:17 am

VELDA, yes, Mary Q will be going to Houston this year. And I got my tickets last week. We will be staying at Trader's Village out 290 on the way to Cindy's house. See you there!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:52 am

Got 5 blocks done yesterday. Will send them off this week. Lori
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:24 am

Wow Flo! I would say you want to win this one! I just completed my last patient to chart on for my old job. Wow, what a feeling, This job has been one of my most unpleasant experiences in life. I will orientate for about 4 hours on Monday for my new job, get all my stuff turned in to the old one Monday afternoon. Pack and leave first thing Tuesday morning for my sisters. BIL tells me she has been resting peacefully the last 2 days. Sleeping a lot but that is good at this point in her life. The tumor has invaded her temporal lobe so was having some hallucinations/delusions and wrecking havoc on everybody. So glad they got that under control.

I will have to think about my favorite memory, just so many of them.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:14 pm

My blocks are headed your way.
Katy

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:14 am

Ok, Teresa...you can count me in...this one I messed up but I know where I made the mistake cutting out so the others will be right (I hope!)...I will make at least 4...:)
......Sonya....Edited to say the color is terrible!...the background is a bright WOW and the blue is more of a turquoise blue..sorry the picture is so bad..also one will have a different color pin dot but the medium will be the same fabric..

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:27 am

WOW Sonya - Greeat block!! Love the colors! It is great to know where one makes a mistake and is fixable. I know your blocks will be FABulous. Curiousity has me wondering what this one would look like if you reversed the flower and the blue pin dot. I absolutley LOVE tortoise. One of my favorite colors :) :) Enjoy making the others.

WOW Flo - Looks like you really did miss your Cotton time. Thrilled you were able to find a list of shops. Hope your visits to them will be blessed.

Thanks Katy for the headsup on mailing. Will let you know when they arrive.

Wonderful Lori - Looks like dog-sitting did give you some cotton time. I am sure they loved watching you :) :)

Velda - What a WONDERFUL time that was meeting many and enjoying the quilt shop. It was a GRAND Day for sure. I come upon the picture now and then and remember how much FUN we had with Show N Tell and shopping. Not sure if we are going to Houston yet. Time will tell. If we do go I have a friend who lives there. Haven't seen her for way to many years.

Valerie - I have watched you struggle with this very unpleasant job for a long while now so I am thrilled it is over and you have moved on to what sounds like a HUGELY much better job. I hope and pray it is everything that make you enjoy going to work so that you have more time for enjoying daily life.
It was great to see you and enjoyed cutting the strips for your wacky quilt. Can't wait to see what it looks like in the end. What a FUN one it will be with great memories attached to it.
We had a wonderful breakfast with you this morning. Now Prayers for your trip to see your sister. Traveling mercies as you drive in your new Honda. Peace and comfort when you visit with all.

On the last Row by Row excursion we stopped at a shop that had a quilt made of this block in all the State Colors. Was AMAZING!!! I will have to post pictures as soon as I find it umong all the hundreds of pictures I took :) :)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:38 am

My package went into the mail today. I have to look again at my receipt and see what day you should expect it.

I can edit here later and add the information.

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

larynx
Site Admin

Post by larynx » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:43 am

Thanks Teresa...once I paid better attention to the instructions and cut correctly the next one went together pretty well..:)

I was able to scrape up enough(barely) to reverse the medium and dark to make one block like that...I will post when I get it together.

I have 5 blocks partially sewn ... I sent you a PM and as soon as I get a reply it's pedal to the medal!

Thanks, Sonya...

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:32 pm

Thanks Velda for letting me know you mailed. Was keeping my eye open for it.

Sonya - Sent you a PM answering your questions so stitch away :) Looking forward to seeing all 5 of the blocks :)

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”