Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

2016 Secret Santa Hints UPDATED 08-06

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
dsf618

Re: 2016 Secret Santa Hints UPDATED 08-06

Post by dsf618 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:07 pm

1. My first name: Deb
2. Birthday—you don’t have to admit the year 06/18/1962

2. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: traditional colors, pastels, fussy cutable. Am also into Green Bay Packer green and gold!

3. Colors I'll never use: ORANGE and brown

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: flowers, blenders, some novelty, tone on tones

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: Neons, geometrics

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: The new QIAD Amish and the one before that

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Am still learning. Some day I will learn. I got an Accuquilt Go last Christmas and am fasinated with the applique templates.

8. How to you quilt your projects? All by hand.

9. My favorite candy: Hershey kisses, Kit Kats, Twix, Snickers, Milky Way

10. Other things I like to do in my spare time: Watch sports, help out friends, try to take care of myself and maintain the 200 year old farm house and 36.5 acres. I own stock in the Packers, the Buffalo Bills are my second NFL team. Boston Celtics for NBA, Villanova University and Syracuse University for college teams and of course the NY Yankees.

11. My pets: Two basset hounds - Moose and Cleo, one cat Magic, my granddog Stella and a grandcat Midnight

12. Things I like to collect: Mooses, basset hounds, Green Bay Packer stuff, unique cookbooks, especially fund raising books

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: coconut

14. My little wish list: ???

15. do you like homemade gifts: Always!

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someone's stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) Love 'em.

17. my favorite places to use gift cards QIAD, Missouri Star, Connecting Threads, Buffalo Wild Wings

18. It’s a little known fact that I: Am suffering from Lupus and PTSD (from abusive first marriage. I love to cook. I made a promise to Bernie I would go back to Chicago, IL, Portland, ME, New Orleans and the 1000 Islands by myself because he taught me how to do it.

19. Other pertinent information: Working to obtain Social Security Disability. Am having more major surgery in October. Second son may be getting married July, 2017. My baby daughter turned 18 this August and wants to attend Culinary School after her Senior year of HS

20. Colors around my house: Living room and dining room are a pale mint green and white. Kitchen at the moment is medium gray with a light gray/white walls. Bernie was trying to figure out colors when I came into his life and he wanted to play.

21. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: Quiltmaker. I am missing issues 1,3, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 from the 100 blocks series.

22. What kind or sewing machine: In case you'd like pre wound bobbins... and who wouldn't!? Singer Heritage because Bernie said it looked like the old fashioned machines and would fit the decor of the farmhouse!

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:56 pm

1. My first name is Mary

2. My birthday is 9/20/55

3. I like all colors for quilts. So far the quilts I have made have all been gifts and the colors have been what that person liked. I tend to gravitate to bright colors when making baby/children's quilts.

4. I don't think there are any colors I wouldn't use.

5. I don't have a favorite style of fabric. I mix and match fabrics according to what I think looks good in the pattern I am working on at the time.

6. My least favorite style of fabric for quilts is directional prints that have definite top and bottom.

7. Quilt patterns I would like to have? That's a tough one. I'll have to get back to you on this one.

8. I applique by machine. Would love to learn how to hand applique though.

9. I quilt by hand and machine. I am still learning on my Artistic SD long arm.

10. My favorite candy is homemade horehound candy (can't find the horehound plant anymore though).

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time are crocheting and embroider.

12. I have two cats. Their names are Morton and Emily.

13. I collect cups and unique salt and pepper shakers. However I have been working at down sizing collectibles because I am running out of space and things are getting too cluttered.

14. My allergies are all hay fever related.

15. My little wish list is getting some thumbnail heart thimbles from small wonders for hand quilting, needles for my Artistic Quilter, a collection of quilting thread colors in cone thread for my AQSD, extra bobbins for my AQSD, hand embroidery and hand quilting needles, binding clips, and a triangle square up ruler.

16. I love homemade gifts. They are the best kind of gift.

17. Re-gifted items are great (as long as it is not a gift I gave you, LOL).

18. My favorite places to use gift cards are The Patchwork Pig, JoAnns, Hobby Lobby, and QIAD.

19. It is a little Known fact that I used to play Violin and I grew up in foster homes.

20. Other pertinent information is another tough one. Let's see...I love Jesus, accepted Him into my heart as my Lord and Savior when I was nine years old. My husband has liver cirrhosis which is turning into cancer. I work full time at Home Depot. My dream is to be able to start teaching young folks the art of sewing, quilting, and crochet when I retire.

21. The colors around my house are very eclectic. I enjoy the comfort of earth tone decor and bring the look of nature into my home as much as possible.

22. I do not subscribe to any magazines. They are not in the budget at this time.

23. My domestic machine is a Kenmore. I just got an Artistic Sit Down Quilter. I inherited my Grandmother's Singer treadle machine, but it needs to be refurbished before I can use it. My hope is to get it fixed and be able to use it for piecing quilts.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:51 pm

Revised Aug 31st
FIRST NAME: Teresa

BIRTHDAY: MAY 26, 1956 / ANNIV: February 14, 1991

FAVORITE COLORS: Any color

FAVORITE STYLE OF FABRICS: Collecting Hawaiian and Fusions

LEAST FAVORITE COLORS: NO NEON brights

LEAST FAVORITE STYLE OF FABRICS: NO Solids please

PATTERNS I WOULD REALLY LOVE: Any that you would like to share

APPLIQUE?: Machine

HAND QUILT/MACHINE QUILT: Machine with hand stitched bindings

BRAND OF MACHINE: Janome 6600 and APQS Freedom LA

FAVORITE CANDY: Sugar-Free Chocolate with Nuts - Weight Watcher's

RE-GIFTED ITEMS? Yes! I LOVE already made Quilt blocks

** ALERTS:
* Please NOTHING with a FRAGRANCE or SMOKE ODOR. Severe Coughing fits
* Please NOTHING that isn't sewing related.

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME:
Was married on Valentine's Day, 1991 to Robin (Rob) I have 5 children: Justin & Carrie, DGS Spencer 7yrs in North Carolina; Evan in Iowa; Kevin & Heather in MA; Courtney in FL; Jenifer & Darby, DGD Aria Jane 3 in Dec in AZ.
We have 3 cats. 4yrs Spot, 3mo Shadow and 2mo Abby.
Retired in 2005 and got hooked on Quilting. My days are filled with an array of colors, patterns and wonderful memories of quilting for many Pals and friends. I love homemade gifts and re-gifted items BUT but they need to have no fragrance or smoke odor.
My Hobbies are Quilting, Filet Crocheting in the Winter and Reading (I have a KindleFire Reader)

* A LITTLE WISHLIST:
Soft Touch Thread Pic from JoAnn's; SoFine Thread from Superior Threads; Fusion's blenders; SF Chocolate with Nuts; Anything quilt related and Always a note/pictures telling me about you. P.S. Hubby Loves Three Musketeer's Chocolate.

WHERE DO I LIKE TO SHOP:
Superior Threads; JoAnn's in Palmdale
* If you would like to gift me with a gift card feel free to call: Bolts in the Bathtub in Lancaster (661-945-5541); Debbie's in Tehachapi (661-823-7714). Let them know to call Rob (661-435-8960) and he will keep it a SECRET :) :) HOW FUN to get hubby's involved!!!

If you need a helper to surprise me ... Xochitl (Ysabel) lives 2 blocks from me and I am sure would be a Grand Secret Deliverer :)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:28 am

Updated 8/14/2016

1. My first name:..... Diana Lyn, I go by, 'Lyn' (have 3 siblings, we all go by our 'L' name)

2. Birthday—you don’t have to admit the year.....June 30, 1953

3. My favorite color(s) to make quilts:.....All colors, though see next question.

4. Colors I'll never use:.....Never say Never. I don't use much orange or yellows

5. My favorite Style(s) of fabric:.....I really like most all fabric.

6. Fabric style(s) I don't like:.....Big flowers, paisley or anything that looks like the 60's, been there, done that.

7. Quilt pattern I would like to have:..... Hmm, no answer.

8. Do you applique by Hand or Machine?.....Both, but mostly machine

9. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.?..... All three, just learning my HQS16 MidArm.

10. My favorite candy:.....Chocolate, Chocolate and Carmel.

11. Other things I like to do in my spare time:.....Spare time?! What's that!! If I find some after Sewing/Quilting & Fishing.....Beading, Crochet, Read.

12. My pets:.....2 yr old Minnie, our Min-Pin

13. Things I like to collect:.....I'm trying not to collect, there's no room in the Motorhome and what I have at the house, I see twice a year.

14. ALLERGY ALERTS:.....None

15. My little wish list:.....Hmm, don't have one.

16. Do you like homemade gifts:.....I love home made gifts!!

17. Do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someone's stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions).....Re-gifting is good!

18. My favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc).....I've never gotten a gift card.

19. It’s a little known fact that I:.....Drive the Motorhome, and am the better driver, especially through big cities. Was a Hot Air Balloon pilot, but buying a fishing boat won out over buying a balloon. Test flew a Hot Air Balloon at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta and did a touch and go in the Rio Grande River. That was FUN!!

20. Other pertinent information:....We are Full Time RV'ers. Don't travel the country though. The route starts in Colorado, where there's a house in Estes Park that holds my Stash. We go to Lake of the Woods, Ontario, Canada in June to fish for 2 months or longer. Then go back to Colorado and see if the house is still standing. Mid October we head to Aransas Pass, Texas, to fish for the winter. Mid April we head back to Colorado and spend May getting ready to start it all over again. Boats in all three places. Did I mention that my DH loves to Fish!!

I have 2 daughters, 2 Gkids, one SIL and a Not SIL (they're not married).

21. Colors in my Motorhome:.....Light brown, gold, beige

22. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.... No, too hard to get them delivered to the right place at the right time. If I see one I like, I will buy it. Love some of the old ones you can pick up at quilt festivals. Like to look through them.

23. My machines:..... Bernina QE440, several Singer Featherweights, I keep one in Motorhome as a back up. A Bernina Serger that I don't use enough. And the latest purchase 2 yrs ago, a HQS16 sit down, which did fit in the old Motorhome. I think I can make it work in new one. DH is insisting that there is room for it.

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:26 am

1. My first name Joan

2. Birthday—December 14, 1951 Yippie Medicare here I come.

2. My favorite color(s) to make quilts. I use every color of the rainbow

3. Colors I'll never use: Solids

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: Batiks, floral, soft pastels.

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: hhmmm... have lots!

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Machine

8. How to you quilt your projects? Own my own longarm

9. My favorite candy: you name it!

10. Other things I like to do in my spare time: Gardening

11. My pets. (2) dogs Papillon “Carly” and Cavalier King Charles “Charlie”

12. Things I like to collect: Trying not to collect more stuff, I have way too much stuff.

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: None

14. My little wish list. An Innova longarm haha

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someone's stash, used patterns, used notions) Love 'em.

17. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) Joann

18. It’s a little known fact that in my first life I was a Lockheed Employee in Aerospace, with top secret security clearance working on Skunk Works.

19. Other pertinent information: I have been retired without benefits since 2004 (which is when we moved to Indiana) I have two natural Son’s and two a Son and a Daughter from my 2nd marriage. Will be married 34 years at the end of this month August. Have 8 Grandkids and 3 Great Grands, expecting another Great Grandchild in September. All live in other states, so we don’t see them often enough.

20. Colors around my house: Blues and Browns

21. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? No I have a huge collection from years past.

22. What kind or sewing machine: In case you'd like pre wound bobbins... and who wouldn't!? I have an Janome 10001 they take L size bobbins.

Xochitl

Post by Xochitl » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:27 am

1. My first name: Ysabel, (Birthday July 20th, Anniversary Dec. 6th)

2. My favorite color(s): Winter greens, I like winter colors, but I like almost all!

3. Colors I don't like: lifeless dull Orange's or even dull colors in general.

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: Batiks, some floral's, fifties styles, some country and vintage styles and civil war.

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: I don't like sixty's or seventy's style or psychedelic styles, I'm not crazy about stripes.

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: Log cabins and pretty much all of them.

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? I like both.

8. How to you quilt your projects? Janome 6500 Machine.

9. My favorite candy: Big Hunk(taffy with nuts), See's candy without nuts.

10. My hobbies: Gardening, sewing, cooking, and outdoor stuff.

11. My pets: I have 4 beautiful dogs, two German Shepherds, two Deaf Shelties.

12. Things I like to collect: Tea pots, Disney characters like Ticker Bell, Esmeralda, Barbie's and Christmas ornaments.

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: CAT :( They are cute!

14. My little wish list: Southern cook book or better yet, personal southern recipes. A picture of the person that gives me a gift.

15. Do you like homemade gifts: yes, very much.

16. Do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someones stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) I love it.

17. My favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) Quilt shops, Quilt in a day, and Chili's, and Outback, but I'm easy and grateful for anything.

18.Mug rugs ideas for Secret Santa... I like seasonal patterns, like Winter Christmas, Spring Valentine's, Summer 4th of July, Fall Thanksgiving etc.

19. Some tidbits of info about me (ex., profession, retired, my special likes, etc.:
I'm married to a very gentle and Godly man named Kevin. I have three children the oldest is Monique with five children, Ruth is expecting her first child in January 2017. She's trying to make it in the film industry, with a dream of Directing some day. Kevin is our youngest and still single. All my kids were home schooled.
We love the Lord and we try to make Him the center of our lives.
We love our dogs. We like camping and family vacations. I love gardening and wished I had grass, lol. Living in the desert is not garden friendly, soooo sad.

6/25/2014 9:25:34 PM | Edit | Flag

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:33 am

1. My first name: Sue

2. Birthday—you don’t have to admit the year: Sept.

2. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: All colors, but use yards and yards of neutrals the most!

3. Colors I'll never use: None

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: 1930's and Civil War Repos. LOVE Cheddar!!!!

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: Neons, geometrics, large Flowers, wide stripes

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: My bucket list won't hold anymore!

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Hand

8. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? I own a wonderful Innova Long Arm

9. My favorite candy: Skiddles, Yum!

10. Other things I like to do in my spare time: Garden and Cook

11. My pets: None

12. Things I like to collect: Pumpkin colored Wool pieces from Primitive Gatherings

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: None

14. My little wish list: Aurifil thread in cream color

15. do you like homemade gifts: Lovely!!

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someone's stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) Bring them on! LOL

17. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) Connecting Threads

18. It’s a little known fact that I love to Sew!!

19. Other pertinent information: I retired from Shell Oil Company where I worked in the Accounting Dept. paying taxes and also worked several years in the Credit Dept. I loved being downtown Houston where all the action was.

20. Colors around my house: Sage Green, Dark Green, light Green. I LOVE green!

21. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: Quiltmaker and Mc Calls. Love both

22. What kind or sewing machine: In case you'd like pre wound bobbins... and who wouldn't!? I have a Bernina 440QE

womster

Post by womster » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:13 am

Posted September 1st, 2016

My first name: Sharon (Sharona on here to keep us all separated)

1. Birthday—January 2nd.

2. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: Any and all. I'm partial to creams, blues and purples

3. Colors I'll never use: Haven't found one yet.

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: batiks and anything 'blingy' looking.

5. Fabric style(s) I don't like: geometrics, large scale prints

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: any easy pattern for aprons, bags, or anything for a beginner sewer.

7. Do you appliqué by Hand or Machine? Machine.

8. How to you quilt your projects? Mostly on my mid-arm.

9. My favorite candy: anything chocolate - Lindt is a particular favorite

10. Other things I like to do in my spare time:, genealogy, cooking, reading.

11. My pets: Stella (black rescue kitty) and Bailey, our schnoodle.

12. Things I like to collect: fabric and buttons.

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: None.

14. My little wish list: gosh - this one has me stumped.

15. Do you like homemade gifts: Yes!

16. Do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someone's stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) Not a bit.

17. My favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) QIAD, Missouri Star, Connecting Threads

18. It’s a little known fact is that - this one has me stumped also.

19. Other pertinent information: I'm the oldest of four girls. We have 13 grandchildren - three in Greeley, one in Aurora, one in Alamosa and six in Ohio. Not sure that is pertinent?!

20. Colors around my house: ugh - whole house is white. We are slowly starting to paint with color. Mostly light beiges - dining room and sewing room are yellow, though. Greens on blinds and such to match the pine trees.

21. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: BLOCK...my all time favorite! No magazines - no idea yet as to my favorite block.

22. What kind or sewing machine: In case you'd like pre wound bobbins... and who wouldn't!? I have a Pfaff 2140 and a Pfaff Grand Quilter - I don't think either of those take prewounds. I do have a Brother embroidery machine that takes prewounds. That's all I've ever used in it! I also have an old Singer treadle that I'm going to try to restore with DS2 next summer.

bethstreet

Post by bethstreet » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:03 pm

1. My first name: Beth
2. Birthday—you don’t have to admit the year June 24,1954 IM lucky I get presents every six months.

2. My favorite color(s) to make quilts: burgundy, green I love those with gold outlining ( Icant think of the right word)

3. Colors I'll never use: florescents dull gray/brown

4. My favorite Style(s) of fabric: christmas, asian with the gold filigree, floral, childrens,blender solids

6. Quilt pattern I would like to have: I love the patterns for individual banners, row by row small instead of large now that I am confined to bed a lot

7. Do you applique by Hand or Machine? Machine

8. How to you quilt your projects? Hand, machine, LongArm, etc.? Small ones I can do on my machine... big ones go to LA

9. My favorite candy: root beer barrels, anything caramel w/chocolate

10. Other things I like to do in my spare time: read, sleep

11. My pets: None

12. Things I like to collect: nativity scenes from around the world, souvenir spoons

13. ALLERGY ALERTS: cigarette smoke, dust mites

14. My little wish list:any red or blue work pattern, bobbins for a janome 2200 machine, sewing machine needles and hand needles with large eyes

16. do you mind re-gifted items (ex. FQ's made from someone's stash, already read books, used patterns, used notions) Love 'em.

17. my favorite places to use gift cards (ex. quilt shops, food places, etc) Joann, Hobby Lobby, QIAD, Missouri Star, Connecting Threads

19. Other pertinent information:Sad to say I have had to spend most of my days in bed because of a bad back and rotten knees but I am trying to spend longer and longer sitting. I have two beautiful married daughters and three grandchildren newborn, 4 and 8 I would love things for them

20. Colors around my house: eclectic mostly browns and tans

21. Do you currently subscribe to any quilt magazines? If so, which ones.. and what's your favorite: BLOCK...my all time favorite!

22. What kind or sewing machine: In case you'd like pre wound bobbins... and who wouldn't!? I have an Janome 2200.. takes those little clear plastic ones..that are tall not flat

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”