Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

The Official topic for the 10th Annual Secret Santa Swap

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
maryq

The Official topic for the 10th Annual Secret Santa Swap

Post by maryq » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:16 am

Welcome to the 10th Annual QIAD Secret Santa Swap!!
And this year I would love to welcome and encourage any of you newer gals to join in the fun.
You are the “Santa” The person whose name you get is the “Elf”

This year's theme is Mug Rugs
You are limited only by your imagination: You can make 1, you can make 10, you can make a His and Hers, you can make small ones and/or large ones, you make Christmas Ones, you can make birthday ones, you can make seasonal ones. The choice is yours. And if you'd like to make/send a coordinating item.. a towel, a bowl cozie or such.. feel free.

check out Pinterest... LOTS of mug rug patterns/ideas there!

The Very First rule is TO HAVE FUN. In other words, don't stress over this swap. It's easy! Here's the rules....

1. Sign up Deadline is August 31st

2. Names will be out on/around the weekend of Sept 3-4.
3. You may PM me now if you are interested
4. If you are new to Secret Santa... Post your Hints but adding your info in the 2016 Secret Santa Hints topic.
If you’re an old timer, it’s time for a fresh start on hints.

5. Teasers are optional.... If your Santa doesn't send you one, please don't feel bad.. I don't want insist that teasers are part of the swap. If you need help with a teaser, let me know!

I normally don't like to put a dollar limit on this swap. I'll just say... stay within your budget. As you read through every one's hints, you'll notice we are all A-Ok with regifted items, stuff from our stash. You don't need to spend a lot of money! IF I was going to give a LIMIT... I would say keep it under $15-20... NO MORE!! This is the MAX... you don't have to SPEND $20.

As time goes on I will post a list of who has signed up. . If you were in last year, and haven't moved, I have your address!

THE VERY MOST IMPORTANT THING I want to say is... Remember that this is the season of giving!!! And though this may sound crass, if you are joining to GET a gift... don't! This whole swap started in 2007 because I wanted to GIVE gifts to all the wonderful women I've met here, but there was no way I could send a gift to every one!

The other rules are simple... Be gracious in giving, be kind in your thoughts shared, be thankful, be honored. Give with an open heart. Check out your Elf's hints once I have PM'd you your name. Share some of yourself with your Elf in your gift... in your words, your thoughts and prayers.

Once I have all the names sorted and drawn I will PM you. After that I will snail mail you a card with your Elf's name--keep it in a safe place!

Any other questions, feel free to PM me. I check in here at least twice a daily.

PS... Forgot to mention that all gifts must be mailed by 11-30-16
and DO NOT FORGET TO PUT A TRACKING NO. Though any time you mail a "package" it comes with tracking, so be sure to keep your receipt in a safe place. I do not need to know your tracking no. but you can share it with me just in case.
opening week will be December 12

gershwin64

Re: The Official topic for the 10th Annual Secret Santa Swap

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:57 am

Eeeek! So looking forward to it!
Tina

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:11 am

Cool ! I'll be here!!

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Can't wait

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:11 pm

I can't wait.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:32 pm

Out shopping now!!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:24 pm

oh gosh, time to update those secret santa hints.

Maryq, if you want to start a new thread for the hints be my guest. Maybe the girls can come up with some new questions to be answered

Chriss
Psalm 91

redgarnet222

Post by redgarnet222 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:54 am

Wow you gals get started early! I suppose that I am not going to be able to do it this year. Maybe next year.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:00 am

I want to play!! I want to play!! I've been very good!!

I'v done some shopping & want to do more & then there's sewing.

Thank you Mary!!!

JayKay

Post by JayKay » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:24 am

So excited to see this post......love, love Secret Santa.......and love having it early so I can have fun getting the box together.

Joyce

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”