Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

AUGUST Lotto Block is Bonnie Hunter's - Garlic Knots - ALL REC'd - THANK YOU and ENJOY!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

AUGUST Lotto Block is Bonnie Hunter's - Garlic Knots - ALL REC'd - THANK YOU and ENJOY!!

Post by TeresaK » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:18 pm

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL of you! You made some FABulous blocks that will make some wonderful creations by the 4 winners we have this month and the LUCKY PALS are ...
dsf618 - Deb ... 9500 1140 6438 6245 0166 63 DEL'd on the 6th per trk
Quiltgram8 - Velda ... REC'd
Shelly22002 - Jacquie ... REC'd
WeSignificant - Valerie ... REC'd

Blocks will be mailed on Thursday as we are leaving early and will be gone until Wednesday very late.
Not all the blocks are on the wall which is GREAT!!!! Lots of BLOCKS for WINNERS. Waiting for Deb's to arrive. We are leaving on Tuesday and will be back late Wednesday
WELCOME, WELCOME to the last month of Summer! This month the block was suggested by Velda after seeing Suzette's picture of the Garlic Knots block in the Photo Section.
Time to find and play with your Summer FUN Fabrics!! Flowers, Picnics, Fruits & Veggies, Beach, Kites, Beachballs, Ocean, Marbles, Pickup Sticks, Sports, Anything SUMMER! You Do Not have to use Novelty's.
BLOCK: 12.5" Garlic Knots. This is NOT a forgiving block so please watch your cutting (3.5" strips and 3.5" squares) and seam allowances.
FABRICS: Novelty, Prints, TOT's ... need GREAT CONTRAST. White TOT for Background
Here is my sample. It is an easy block but you still have to be careful. My seam allowance was to big for my first block.
* I cut strips of White TOT and Main Color. Sew together, cut into 3.5" x 6.5" segments. You need 4 per block
* Cut strips of 3.5" x 7.25 of main color and contrasting color. Sew together, cut into 3.5" x 6.5" segments. You need 2 per block
* Cut (2) segments of 3.5" x 6.5" of White TOT for top and bottom row
See picture to arrange rows to sew together. There are many ways to make this block. Use which way you desire to enjoy making this block.

BEFORE MAILING---
* DO NOT SQUARE YOUR BLOCKs
* Place your Name TAG or address label with your name in the FRONT UPPER LEFT CORNER
* Place ALL blocks in ONE Plastic Bag
* Send $2-$3 to help send blocks to winners, please
* ALWAYS MAIL with a TRACKING NUMBER

WAYS to RECEIVE your WINNING tickets ...
* 1 ticket = Let me know if you are interested and send blocks
* 1 ticket = for every 12.5" block
OPTIONAL:
* 1 ticket = Favorite Quilt you made or was given to you Memory

If you have any questions feel free to ask. If anyone knows the answer, please post if I haven't. East Coast Lotto Pals are awake before me :) HAPPY STITCHING!!!
ARRIVED ...
WeSignificant - Valerie ... 4 block; drop off on Friday the 26th.
TeresaK - Teresa ... 4 Blocks; QM
Purrfect-Lady - Mary ... 6 Blocks; QM
Oasis - Linda ... 8 blocks;
Maryq - Mary ... 4 Blocks; QM
MEPIECE2 - Katy ... 4 blocks; QM
Quiltgram - Velda ... 5 blocks; QM
Shelly322002 - Jacquie ... 4 blocks; QM
dsf618 - Deb ... 10 blocks; QM

shelly322002

Re: AUGUST Lotto Block is Bonnie Hunter's - Garlic Knots - ALL REC'd - THANK YOU and ENJOY!!

Post by shelly322002 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:26 am

HI Teresa, the block is 'sew' cute! I'm away to look for fabrics!!
Hugs! xxx Jacquie xxx

maryq

Re: AUGUST Lotto Block is Bonnie Hunter's - Garlic Knots - ALL REC'd - THANK YOU and ENJOY!!

Post by maryq » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:41 am

I'm in!

Printed out the directions!!!

ready to go!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:51 am

Teresa, I like this block and I think I have the fabrics! Count me in. I'll know how many I'm making when I count them after I'm done! lol! Mary

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:14 am

WELCOME Maryz, Maryq and Jacquie!! ENJOY making this block. It is a FUN one especially in wonderful SUMMER Fabrics :) :)

Maryz - I sew agree with you. THis is such a FUN, FAST block it is very easy to make lots of them without knowing!!! Happy Stitching!!!

Velda - LOVE the picture you sent me of your block!!! Don't forget to post it.

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:43 am

I've had a nice play today...
Here are my blocks, I love the summer feel! All too soon we will see the summer season leave us, and the glorious warm Autumnal colours come flooding in!

hugs all, Jacquie xxx

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:59 am

I would also like to join for this block.

I, like Velda and Jacquie, have been trying out the pattern this morning. I agree with Maryz that this will be a very nice connector block like the Irish chain does.

I think I will try some floral fabrics also. :)

Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:40 am

Going to try...but not definite.

Flo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:41 am

I edited this to show that I changed the center to be a brighter block.

I wasn't sure I could do this from my phone, so here it goes. I don:t know how many I will make to send.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:43 pm

Welcome Linda - Glad to have you with us! Florals are beautiful! Have FUN

Welcome Flo - I sure hope you can find your sewing machine. You have been missed but I know how much moving and unpacking time can be.

Jacquie - WONDERFUL blocks! Very delicate and pretty :) :)

Velda - Wonderful block as well. I will have to learn to post from my phone as well. Hope you had a great time dancing last night :)

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”