Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

AUGUST Lotto Block is Bonnie Hunter's - Garlic Knots - ALL REC'd - THANK YOU and ENJOY!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: AUGUST Lotto Block is Bonnie Hunter's - Garlic Knots - ALL REC'd - THANK YOU and ENJOY!!

Post by TeresaK » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:53 pm

WOW Valerie - I think we were both on the Stitching Train tonight. I was working on my Christmas Swap Sample block, liked it and made another. Liked that one and made the sections for 8 more - LOL!!!!
When it happens you just have to go with the flow until the body says STOP - YOUR HURTING ME - LOL!!!!
I am off to bed now. I will see you on Thursday PM or on Friday AM to give you your quilt and receive your blocks. Wish it were under happier circumstances. Our Prayers are with you and your family and Angels are on every area of your car for safety. HUGE HUGE HUGS!!!!!!

WeSignificant

Re: AUGUST Lotto Block is Bonnie Hunter's - Garlic Knots - ALL REC'd - THANK YOU and ENJOY!!

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:28 am

4 done, I will text Teresa a picture today. My mind just cannot figure out the posting of pictures. I will be there on Friday just not sure what time. If I leave Thursday night, I will not be able to make it all the way to your place. Meeting won't be over until 7:30. Hoping I can get to Harris Ranch area and then leave from there in AM.

For those of you wondering about the "circumstances", my oldest sister has been fighting brain cancer for the past 20 months. This week she has elected to stop the fight and go on Hospice. Her best chance of every surviving her type of tumor was 4%. It is very aggressive and despite massive amounts of radiation and chemo it has now doubled in size and is causing cognitive issues. There are 4 sisters total. We are all going to her home this coming weekend for one last get together with all 4 of us and hopefully get a picture for Dad. We have not all been together since our Mother passed away 12 years ago and it was probably 40 years before that that we were all together. So this is our final get together. I pass by Teresa's every time I go. Sometimes I stop, sometimes I just wave as i drive by. I am sure she wave's back!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:56 am

My heart and thoughts are with you Valarie. Family, memories, hugs, tears, laughter, All these are priceless. May God be with you all this weekend and may HE give you all strength to get through this next chapter.

Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:42 am

Just for fun, would you like to see the record of my Great-Grandmother's quilt?

http://www.quiltindex.org/basicdisplay. ... =16-33-141

This link will take you to the entry on the Quilt Index.

Then you can compare my replica to the original.

Hugs
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:53 am

VAL, God bless you and your family! So sorry to hear your sister is not doing well. You have my prayers.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:40 am

Vel, she did that at age 12! I can't do that at age 59! Wow, I am impressed.

Thank you both for your kind words.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Flo - Got your PM. We will seriously miss you. Hope to see you soon

Velda - I always love reading the story behind this quilt. A true legacy and art passed down to you and yours.

Valerie - Thank you for the picture. I was at the AV Fair when I received it. Was planning on posting last night but I overdid it. Was exhausted and hurting when we got home. I took 3 pain pills and went to bed not realizing that the 3 were to have been taken 1 every 4-6 hours. Needless to say I was very dizzy and tired all day today. Am feeling sew much better now and able to post your delightful blocks. Lovely fabrics and colors. I know I will love seeing them on Friday when you pass through. ENJOY everyone!!!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:05 am

I know I have not joined in the fun in a long time but I still peek in to see your blocks and I really love how they are turning out not to mention reading your stories on your fav quilt:)

Great work ladies thanks for letting me stalk you all LOL:) I love seeing how you all use your fabrics to make these blocks:)

Maybe when life settles down around here I can hop into this again:)

hugs
Izzy

Velda i love love your grannies quilt:) and the story behind it:);
🐐izzy

dsf618

Post by dsf618 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:41 pm

My blocks went in the mail this morning. They said you should have it in 3 days!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Jacquie - your blocks arrived and WOW the colors are more wonderful in person. Delightful choices. Even my mini 6.5" block is the cutest little block!!!! I think this block was to easy for you will have to step it up for September :) :) :)

Izzy - when you are ready to jump in feel free to join us. No pressure here. We love lookie-loos but always LOVE having joiners. More FUN and WINNERS for everyone!!!

Deb - I was wondering when your blocks were coming. I thought you had already mailed them - Whew happy they are not lost.

I will sort the blocks and mail them when we get back unless they come on Monday and I can get to the PO before closing.
Rob and I will be gone on Tuesday-Wednesday for a mini-vacation going from Northridge up to Paso Robles. Of course stopping along the way to see friends and enjoy the coast before it gets cold - cold? I live in CA - LOL, Oh that's a good one!!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”