Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

JULY LOTTO - CHRISTMAS! Your CHOICE of Blocks in 3 sizes - All Rec'd - waiting on pictures :)

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: JULY LOTTO - CHRISTMAS! Your CHOICE of Blocks in 3 sizes - All Rec'd - waiting on pictures :)

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Oh Velda, makes me want to eat cookies!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Re: JULY LOTTO - CHRISTMAS! Your CHOICE of Blocks in 3 sizes - All Rec'd - waiting on pictures :)

Post by TeresaK » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:47 pm

Velda- wonderful fabrics and your choice of blocks are Perfect. I LOVE the plaids that just go beautifully with the other fabrics. Can't wait to see them.

Katy - I am with you. I would love to win this one especially after quilting the Fall quilt made with different size blocks. Paul and Sandy LOVE it in there RV and country house.

Mary- how did the stash diving go this weekend. Yes i know about best laid plans 😀 Hope your were successful!!!

Flo - missing you!! Have a great trip!! Don't forget to pick up those Row by Row FREE patterns.

Valerie- the 6.5" blocks do not have to be all the same. In fact I was hoping they wouldn't be. Makes for more variety for the winners.

Simple is the name of the game here. Don't forget some red and we're pinwheels, strips, winter scene looking out a window, tall trees.

Don't tie your hands on the background. Feel free to use a winter scene like polka dots on a light blue, look at my samples, etc....

MERRY CHRISTMAS STITCHING!!!!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:37 am

Tried to applique a snowman, I think he is melting in the Garbage! UGH, Going to try and finish up a few more blocks this weekend.

Will drop off with everything else Teresa. Baby quilt will not be done but I have time. Only need a weekend or so to finish it. Maybe at next months Friday night sew. If I can get it to you by early September, I should be fine. Well, I guess unless Baby comes early!

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:26 am

almost done need to finish appliqueing 5 holly leaves and put tails on something LOl And I will be done will post pictures tomorrow. I hate to say it but I love these blocks. Hint hint. May make me some. LOl
Katy

Up date I be done. LOL LOl 4 12.5 inch blocks 4 6.5 inch blocks and 4 12.5 by 6.5 inch blocks. Will be sent Wed.

Now for a Christmas story Hard to choose I have so many

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:08 am

Wow Velda, your blocks are so cute!! Love your fabrics!

Teresa, just to verify: we need 1 - 12.5, 4 - 6.5, and 1 - 12.5 x 6.5 rectangle for a set?

I will be ready to mail on Wednesday or Thursday.

Maybe Teresa will be kind enough to post my blocks (again) as I can't figure out the photo posting thingy. ;)
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:50 am

Hello to ALL!!! I hope you are having a MERRY TIME STITCHING!!! Do you have those Christmas HALLMARK Movies playing? Any Christmas Music???? Sure Hope Sew :) :)

Linda - The sets include (4) 6.5" any choice of blocks. You don't need to make them the same. Plus (2) 12.5" x 6.5". Again they don't need to be the same block and can be vertical or horiontal. Both of these sets will equal a 12.5" block but don't sew them together. You may make as many combinations of blocks as your heart desires as long as they equal 12.5" x 12.5"
Hope I answered your question

Katy - Yes indeed it looks like you want to win this month! Can't wait to hear your story and receive your blocks :)

Valerie - When Appliqueing I use a 50wt thread. i don't care for the look of a heavier weight unless I am hand appliqueing and that you will not see for a long time. What size are you using?
What else do you need done to finish the baby quilt? Maybe I can help. Let me know when you are coming. Can't wait to see you!!!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:17 am

I am using the 50 wt thread. Just didn't like the way it was coming out. I will be fine. It's my own inability to accept flaws!

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:32 am

Here is the 12.5 blocks

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:37 am

The 6.5 inch blocks

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:40 am

The 12.5 by 6.5 blocks

The Christmas story a little later

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”