Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

JUNE Lotto BLOCK is - PATRIOTIC Monkey Wrench - ANOTHER WONDERFUL WAY to use your WINNINGS BLOCKS!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Oasis

Re: JUNE Lotto BLOCK is - PATRIOTIC Monkey Wrench - ANOTHER WONDERFUL WAY to use your WINNINGS BLOCKS!

Post by Oasis » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:04 pm

Thank you Teresa! Yay, I'm going to go and get my Christmas fabrics out of storage!
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

QuiltGram8

Re: JUNE Lotto BLOCK is - PATRIOTIC Monkey Wrench - ANOTHER WONDERFUL WAY to use your WINNINGS BLOCKS!

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:16 am

I got my blocks all finished yesterday. I have to get an envelope to mail them when we go to town.

I finished up with 7 blocks. This was a fun month, for sure.

Happy Dance!! The winners will have lots of fun stitching this patriotic quilt.

No big 4th of July memory to share, but hope to be making some memories this year, since we are having one of sons and his family coming to stay at the campground and celebrate the 4th with us this year. Looking forward to seeing the three granddaughters and son and daughter-in-law.

Father's Day memories take me back to the years we would take our vacation to northern Minnesota to go fishing for a week or two. Almost every year we would celebrate Father's Day during our vacation in Minnesota. It was always a happy day for DH since fishing has always been his favorite pass time. :)

Hugs
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:28 pm

I just bought some background fabric today. Will get some blocks made next week. I have the blue and red already cut out, but didn't have any background fabric. Lori
Lori 8-)

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:05 pm

Great news Lori!! Happy Stitching!!!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:35 am

Oh Velda- more firecrackers went off when your blocks arrived. The pictures really do not do them justice. I love the stripe blocks. Great fabrics and terrific arrangements. Great job!!!

Ok pals. You really don't want to miss this one!!! Firecracker blocks that will make some WOW Patriotic quilts for you or to share with a soldier. Great job!!!

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:40 am

Here is my fourth of July story

Let me set this up I had a step father who tried to be a good father. This fourth of July I was about 6 or seven. He bought us some snakes smoke bombs and sparklers. Then he purchased larger fireworks for a small show just for us. Tony set off fountains and sky rockets for quite a while. Then came the grand finale. a ferris wheel that was supposed to shoot off rockets which made it spin. However when it started shooting rockets it became free from the stand and actually chased my poor stepfather all over the yard . It seemed ever where he ran it followed. Finally it fell over . My brother and I were laughing so hard we were in tears. We thought it was part of his show. Of course later we learned it was not supposed to do that.

I do have four blocks done and two more cut out ready to sew.

Katy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:39 am

Katy: What a great fun memory! Good thing no one was hurt in all of that!

Teresa: Glad my package arrived on time. Glad you liked the blocks. It has been a really fun month!

I am looking forward to some 4th of July memories fresh and new this year. Our son from North Carolina is coming to visit with his family. So looking forward to seeing them soon.

Hugs and Happy Father's Day to all of our hubby's and sons and guy friends.

Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:12 am

Katy that is quite the story. The bigger story is your step father's efforts to be the best father he could be to you. I have never had a step parent, but if I did, I would want him to be like your step father. I am glad no one was hurt.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:41 pm

Katy you were indeed blessed. A wonderful story to treasure with a huge smile. I had a Step Father but he was nothing like yours. To much upper crust and not enough playing in the dirt.
You sure are on a roll with your blocks. Will be eager to see them.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:49 am

Boy this would be a good one to win. Sure wish I had time to make some more blocks! 20th of the month already. Where is time going?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”