Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

APRIL Lotto Block - QIAD Egg Money Book DRESDAN PLATE - Picture of Lori's Quilt Posted

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
MEPIECE2

Re: APRIL Lotto Block - QIAD Egg Money Book DRESDAN PLATE - Picture of Lori's Quilt Posted

Post by MEPIECE2 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:43 am

Here is my first three. Hope they are ok. Will try to make more.
Katy

TeresaK

Re: APRIL Lotto Block - QIAD Egg Money Book DRESDAN PLATE - Picture of Lori's Quilt Posted

Post by TeresaK » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:30 am

Katy - WOW You did a beautiful job for your first Lotto. Wonderful choices of colors and fabrics! I was just talking the other day about making this block using fall colors. Now you have given me a peek at what one would look like in your middle block. How did you read my mind??? Eager to see them all 👏👏👏👏👏🙌😀

Velda - Always, always a great cheerleader for the Lotto 😀😀! Great to have you all healed up and back with us. Your blocks are wonderful as well. Great choices, Great stitching.

Valerie - great picture you sent me of your plates all cut out and ready to sew. Wonderful choices. Remember, slow and steady. I don't want you to overdo your hand that is rejoicing in healing 😀😀

I am doing a HAPPY DANCE. Now to figure out where everyone else is?

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:55 am

O Teresa I thought my middle block winter. Fall to come. First block spring third block summer LOL LOl LOl
I do like the red and black .

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:08 pm

So do I Katy. That is why I would love for you to send it. It will be delightful with the other blocks and can even be made into a Fall Pillow.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:37 am

Teresa: Yes, I have mailed 5 blocks. Here is my tracking number:
9500 1121 9467 6102 1037 87

expect delivery: Thursday

Now to think of a "Spring Memory" to share. Well, the one that pops into my head is "Robin Watching". My dear Mother-in-law got the whole family involved. It would begin the last week in February and continue until the first person would report: "I saw a robin today!!!"

One year we actually still had snow piles on street corners and in shady areas and we saw a robin sitting on top of a snow pile. But normally it would usually be somewhere in the first or second week of March when we would spot the first Robin. Then almost overnight, we would suddenly see them all over the place.

We would feel like Spring had arrived if we would see the Robins back. For me, I would love to hear the sweet song of the Red Winged Blackbirds. You would always see them sitting on fence posts along the rural roads and that too was a great sign that Spring had arrived.

Happy Spring!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:53 am

UPDATE:

I have all mine done! Will get in the mail probably tomorrow!

Need to find an envelope

MEPIECE2

Post by MEPIECE2 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:44 am

On more done Do we need to send before spring story????

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:06 pm

My hand is greatly rejoicing! sure letting me know it is there the last few days, The break area doesn't really hurt, it's more the knuckle and finger. wonder if the finger is sprained too
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:13 pm

Oh Velda that is a wonderful story!! How much FUN your family does have with each other enjoying the little birds in life :) :) :) Will keep watch for the blocks as I sew away in my room

Katy - You can share your story anytime during the month. Before you start stitching, While you stitch away or after you mail. Let the memories warm your heart :)

Mary - Wonderful news!!! I have so many envelopes but sometimes never the right size - LOL!!!!

Valerie - You BE CAREFUL!!!!! If you need help finishing just let me know. That I can do. I DO NOT want to hear of a setback. Next month is going to be FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Oh My Velda - Sooooooo much prettier in person! The colors are so vibrant. Perfect choices and wonderful stitching. Looks like you had a great time this month :) :)

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”