Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MARCH Lotto BLOCK - Garden Walk - QIAD Egg Money Book - Winners have blocks - ENJOY!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: MARCH Lotto BLOCK - Garden Walk - QIAD Egg Money Book - Winners have blocks - ENJOY!

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:51 pm

Oh pretty Velda! Now I am wishing I had done two colors like that.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Re: MARCH Lotto BLOCK - Garden Walk - QIAD Egg Money Book - Winners have blocks - ENJOY!

Post by TeresaK » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:37 am

Velda - Lovely block!! Great fabrics!! Be careful on how you square up the triangle sections. Looking Very Good!!!!! Keep going :) :) :)

Valerie - Thanks for being a GREAT cheerleader for Mary. You were exactly right in what you said. I purchased a roll of 1/4" tape from JoAnn's and keep a piece attached to my machine. At times I also use my quarter inch foot but I have a machine that moves the needle over so I use that as well. Most of my seams are 1/4" or a thread or two under just to make sure.

Mary - You can stitch this block - YOU GO PAL!!!!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:09 am

Well I finished my blocks yesterday and have four to mail in. I am keeping the fifth block for my year-end quilt.

I did not have the QIAD square up ruler, so I made the copy of the paper piecing pattern, placed my 4 1/2 inch square up ruler from my kite pattern from QIAD on top of the paper piece pattern and found that my "kite" ruler was only lacking one line for one side of the triangle. (idea popped in my head!)

I put a thin line of blue painter's tape on the underside of the ruler, then verified it to the paper pieced pattern, and found it was exactly on and this became my revised square up ruler. (Kinda neat to repurpose the ruler to be used on 2 different patterns)

I also made a homemade "triangle" ruler for myself:(as all of my triangle rulers were just not the right size), doing this by making three layers of paper taped together from the paper pieced pattern.
I placed it on the fabric, then laid my ruler on top so that I had my ruler to guide my rotary cutter.

I put my new triangle pattern in my folder with the "Garden Walk" pattern, so that I will have it there to use in the future when I make more blocks for another quilt some day.

Here are my finished blocks ready to mail off to Teresa:

I am not sure what kind of memory Teresa is looking for, but here is one of my favorite memories that making this block brought back for me:

When I was just a small girl, my cousin and I would play dolls under the quilt form at our grandmother's house. Grandma, my mother, and my aunt would be stitching and quilting on the beautiful quilt that grandmother had pieced. Playing under the quilt was like being in a tent.

The quilt form took up almost all the space in the middle of Grandma's living room. Dining room chairs were placed around the quilt so that whenever anyone came to visit, they would stitch awhile and visit and talk. We as children would just play and make our own fun under the quilt.

Enjoy remembering your childhood, too.

Velda

HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:07 pm

I made 5 blocks and they are on the way. Lori
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:51 am

Mine are packaged! Working on getting to the post office!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Linda - Your blocks arrived and they are WOW! Love the fabric choices. Very pretty indeed!!

Velda - Thanks for the update on mailing. WONDERFUL Tips about using a different ruler. It is always great to keep noted along with the pattern so you will be able to make the block again with ease.

Valerie - Yes oh Yes I can hear them saying, "Please send us to Teresa's house!! I want to enjoy the Cotton Party!!!!!"

Lori - Thank you also on the update of mailing. Can't wait to see your 5 blocks along with the others. Party time at my house when they arrive!!!!

Mary and Jacquie - How are you doing??? Hope all is well and you are enjoying playing with LOVELY FABRICS!!!

HAPPY DAY TO YOU ALL!!!

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:28 am

Mine will be in the mail tomorrow!

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:14 am

Teresa...Two will be on the way to your house today.

:) Joan

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:59 am

Hi, I'm struggling to find time to sew right now :(
I've been working 60 hrs weekly shifts over the last month and am even having a hard time finding time to finish my jar blocks :(
Not sure if I'll be able to get any of these beauties done, sob...
Not good news I'm afraid!!
xxx Jacquie xxx

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:47 pm

Everyone has really done very well in making this block. It is a tricky one but well worth the time to take in stitching them. I know they will make beautiful quilts :) :) :)

Mary - Wonderful news. I have been wondering how you were doing both in life and in stitching your blocks. Great news they are on there way. I do hope you enjoyed making them.

Joan - YEA!!!! Thrilled to know you have blocks headed my way. What a treat!!!!

Lori - Would love to own an accuquilt but my hands couldn't turn the ones that are sampled at the shows and I can afford an ellectric one. Lovely fabrics you choose. Very summery. Hope you have more for a future block.

Velda - Even better in person than in a picture!! LOVELY!!! Thank you for the update of when your address changes

Valerie - got your message about mailing!!!

Jacquie - We will miss you always but yes life happenings just get in the way sometimes. 60 hour weeks - WOW! Hope life gives you a break soon. Don't wear yourself out. HUGE HUGS!!!

I should be finished quilting this bridal quilt by Thursday. Plan on finishing up my blocks and making the sample block for next month :)
I know you will LOVE this block for April. But lets not rush it. We are only half way through March and lots of FUN to have - giggling.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”