Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

February LOTTO Block - Quilter's Choice any QIAD Block - All Packages Rec'd - Will Love to see Pics

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

February LOTTO Block - Quilter's Choice any QIAD Block - All Packages Rec'd - Will Love to see Pics

Post by TeresaK » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:13 pm

All blocks have arrived and they are ALL FABulous!!!! Every month gets better and better!!!! Be "Sew Happy" with the great stitching you are enjoying.
I double checked my numbers with the calculator to add the blocks instead of my blonde head. We have 21!! So we will have 3 winners of 7 blocks each!! Great for a kids quilt or a lap quilt :)

CONGRATULATIONS go out to
VALERIE 9500 1113 2966 6060 4995 86
VELDA 9500 1113 2966 6060 4992 89
MARYQ 9500 1113 2966 6060 4987 32

WELCOME PALS to the FEBRUARY Lotto Block FUN!!! Where did January go?? I hope you all were able to get some projects finished.
This is a wonderful place to try a new block, Practice your seam allowance; your .25" seam outside edges of your block, your points and making sure the block is 12.5". These are the things you will need to do if you will be joining the Swaps ot just making a quilt of your own to enjoy. Don't forget to make a block for yourself so that you have a sampler at the end of the year. The choice is yours as to how many blocks you have time to make. It is FUN TO WIN and see a PAL WIN and make a quilt that will be loved for a very long time,

Because Rob is having Open Heart Surgery I decided to keep it simple.
BLOCK CHOICE: Any QIAD Block of Your Choice - WooHoo!!!
FABRICS: Irish Greens, Golden Yellows and SOLID Whites to make all your fabrics POP.
RECEIVED
TeresaK - Teresa ... Irish Chain and others, 4 blocks
Quiltgram - Velda ... Winning Hands ... 5 blocks
Zfatcat - Lori ... Rosie Nine Patch ... 4 blocks
WeSignificant - Valerie ... Merry Go Round ... 4 blocks
Maryq - Mary ... Rosebud ... Rosebud ... 4 blocks

Here are the rest of the blocks that I made for this month. Star (Lori's R/W/B block); It's Elementary block; Irish Chain with Border; Flower Basket (Underground Railroad);
I just learned my lesson in making the Hearts and Gizzards Block. I used Double-Sided and forgot to add a piece of white fabric under it when I fused it down. Now you can see 2 booboo's and not the wonderful white fabric. I am keeping this block for me. I need to practice and do it El's way :)

WeSignificant

Re: February LOTTO Block - Quilter's Choice any QIAD Block - All Packages Rec'd - Will Love to see Pics

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:58 pm

Define Irish green?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Re: February LOTTO Block - Quilter's Choice any QIAD Block - All Packages Rec'd - Will Love to see Pics

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:37 am

Valerie, I can see you aren't Irish! lol! Well, I am VERY Irish, and just in case Teresa can't get back to us soon with all that is on her plate, I can answer that question for you if you'll pardon my stepping in. Irish green includes kelly green, emerald green, grass green, etc. It does not include olive green, lime green, khaki green, and the like. The photo Teresa posted is very Irish green. I hope you, Teresa, and others don't mind my speaking up.

Teresa, prayers go with you and Rob today! When you have time, please let us know how everything goes. God bless.

Because we have a similiar sitution in my family, plus much company staying with us, I'm not signing up for this month's lotto. My loss but family first.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:39 am

Mary. Thank you for chiming in with the explanation of the colors. Purrfectly said 😬😬
Family always comes first and I know how much prayers will lift you up. I am glad you have the support of your family.

Valerie - have fun stash diving or shopping for colors and fabrics.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:07 pm

If I look hard enough, I think I have a green that will work that has yellow dots.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:40 am

I will be in again for this month. Have not picked out the pattern I want, but will let your know soon.

Prayers for Teresa and Rob!

Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:01 pm

Welcome Velda and Valerie! Have fun picking out your colors.

Valerie - sounds great long as the yellow in the green is very small and the green very dominant. My green and yellow gold are ToTs. 🙌

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:08 pm

I'm in. Lori
Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:22 pm

Oh, I just read the part about solid white. I know I don't have any. Is there a Kona White I am assuming?

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:53 am

Any of you know a formula for increasing an 8" block to make it a 12 1/2" block. I found a block of Quilt in a Day that I would like to make, but it is an 8" pattern. It used flying geese in the block.

If this is not a possibility, then I will keep looking through patterns until I can find one for 12 1/2". I have notices that a lot of the blocks are 12" rather than 12 1/2", but I figure a person can add 1/4" or so when cutting to give the xtra wiggle room.

any way, it's no big deal, I have time to think, and research to find just the right pattern for me. Looking and planning is part of the fun in this month's Lotto.

Hugs going out to You, Teresa and to Rob.

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”