Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Red White & Blue patriotic swap, and/or Jar swap. Finished Thank You

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
javin22

Red White & Blue patriotic swap, and/or Jar swap. Finished Thank You

Post by javin22 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:51 pm

Happy New Year everyone! We will start off this year with a double header. Sign up by Feb 14th.
You can participate in both of these swaps, or just one.
Both of these swaps were voted on as the next highest top choices when Chriss asked for suggestions for swaps. So I hope you will all join in and have fun. Please read and follow all directions thoroughly.

Red, white and blue patriotic
12 ½” blocks
Limit 20 blocks

Quilter’s choice, just as long as the colors are red white and blue or patriotic fabrics (you can use eagles and other patriotic prints).
No glitter, no muslin, no thin fabrics. Use good quality 100% cotton only. Pre-wash all fabrics before cutting. Don’t square up your blocks.
Metallics are ok.

Jar block
12 ½”
Limit 20 blocks.
It can be one big jar or several jars on your 12 1/2 inch block.
Background: Black solid or black tone on tone.
Filled jars are quilters’ choice.
No glitter, no muslin, no thin fabrics. Use good quality 100% cotton only. Metallics are ok. Pre-wash all fabrics before cutting. Don’t square up your blocks.

-----------------------------------------------
All appliques must be sewn down properly. You may use different fabrics for your blocks, but use the same pattern.
Attach label on each block with forum name and real name and where you are from
Put blocks in one large ziplock bag with your return address on it.
Both sets Due April 9th.
You can fit both sets in one padded flat rate envelope. Save on shipping!
Make sure your blocks measure at least 12 ½”. It is better to trim a bit off, rather than me having to ship them back to you unswapped. Measure every block with a 12 ½” square up ruler to make sure. I will be measuring every block.
Please ask me any questions you may have. Both of these swaps are pretty open for you to create what you like or use up your stash. Just have fun with them.
Shipping has gone up. It is now $6.80 for a flat rate padded envelope. Just send cash only. I have the envelopes for return shipping.

THE FINE PRINT
. Chriss, Tina, Izzy and I are acting as one hostess. We are sharing information. If you bail out on any of our swaps, it will be 1 strike against you on all of our swaps.
To join you must be a posting member of this forum for at least three months and be familiar with the way WE run our swaps….
If you sign up and fail to follow through on this swap you won’t be able to sign up for the next swap any of us host that you ask to join. If after sitting out a swap you fail to follow through again you won’t be able to sign up for any swap that WE host. If you take a spot in this swap it is a commitment and must be met.
If you send incomplete blocks or your blocks are not the required size and of the required fabric and not sewn not securely they will be returned to you using your postage.
We will no longer be allowing block choosing. Hostess will have first choice of the blocks then sort the rest, what you get is what you get.
Be sure to use priority mail and keep your postal receipt. It will have your tracking number on it. In the event your blocks don’t show up and you don’t have this number you won’t be able to sign up for our next swap. If you do have this number we will be able to track your package it will be located and included.
Communication and follow through are key. If you have any questions please ask prior to taking a spot in this swap. If you have any problems or concerns, PM me and we can take care of it in private so it doesn’t cause problems on the forum. If you join you must comment in the swap thread once a week...especially during the last month of the swap...
Be sure to check in often to see how things are moving along…
If these requirements seem too rigid please don’t sign up.

RWB Swap
1. javin22- Vinae - Received ✔
2. sewingbee44-Yvette- Received✔
3. Marilynsgrammy- Chriss- Received✔
4. zfatcat- Lori- Received✔
5. purrfect-lady- MaryZ- Received✔
6. Muse&Sew -Beverly - Received✔
7. Nurse- Marcia -Received✔
8. Cupcake- Carolyn - Received✔
9. Blizzy - Izzy- Received✔
10.Prairiewillow - Sonya - Received✔
11. Nurse- Marcia- Received✔
12. Muse&Sew -Beverly- Received✔

Jar Swap
1. javin22- Vinae - Received ✔
2. DouceFleur1- Denise - Received-Shipped✔
3. Marilynsgrammy- Chriss-Received✔
4. shelly322002 -Jacquie -Received-shipped✔
5. Marilynsgrammy- Chriss- Received ✔
6. Blizzy - Izzy - Received ✔
7. Prairiewillow - Sonya - Received✔
8. purrfect-lady- MaryZ - Received✔
9. DouceFleur1- Denise - Received✔
10. Prairiewillow - Sonya - Received✔
11. Muse&Sew -Beverly- Received✔
12. gershwin64- Tina- Received-shipped ✔

✔ means you have your blocks

javin22

Re: Red White & Blue patriotic swap, and/or Jar swap. Finished Thank You

Post by javin22 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:30 pm

Here is my Jar block

[/img]

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:40 pm

Vinae, your jar block is so beautiful. Your strawberry jam looks so yummy!!!

Here is a sampler of my block. I have cooked some cherry sauce, pumpkin/squash jam and blueberry Jelly. hand appliqués. Hope you'll like them.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:57 pm

I'm in for both.

Guess I had best get to sewing.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

javin22

Post by javin22 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:57 pm

Denise- Love your block, looks so yummy! Beautiful jobs. Cute Cute Cute!
Chriss- yippe! I got cha down. I got to get sewing on my Red White and blue blocks. I tried the bars and stars from quilt blocks galore and I think I may do a variation of that one.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:39 pm

Put me on the Red/White/Blue swap please.

I like the Jars, but I don't have time to do both.

Denise you are so creative. I've never seen a jar block like that. It's darling.

Lori
Lori 8-)

javin22

Post by javin22 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Lori- I got you down for the RWB. Yippie!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:15 am

VINAE, sign me up for the RWB swap. I will be piecing an waving American flag on a flag pole.

I'm still thinking about the jar swap. A lot of family stuff is going on right now and I don't want to overestimate my free time.

thanks for getting these swaps up and running! I love swaps and you girls are the greatest hostesses!

javin22

Post by javin22 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:07 am

MaryZ- thanks so much. :D What a nice thing to say. I will get you down for the RWB. If you change your mind by Feb 14 and want to do the Jar swap, let me know.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:57 am

Vinae I sew wanted to do these but I am sew swamped right now and just dont want to commit and stress out when time runs out:) sew sorry:) Hugs and will catch the next one for sure:) retirement means I can sew like a crazy bug just got to get to May:)

izzy
🐐izzy

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”