Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

2016 Block Party, Eleanor Rules (El's Rulers in Action!)

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Quilter7

Re: 2016 Block Party, Eleanor Rules (El's Rulers in Action!)

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:22 pm

I got my e-Mail today. I am looking forward to getting the pattern.

Sally - Thanks for the links. I have been watching them.

I try to keep all the rulers and instructions in a plastic folder, but like the PDF idea. Thanks Jana!

Carol

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:53 am

August 9, September 13,
October 11, November 8, December 13 2016.

Got an e-mail to buy the ruler for the next pattern. I think I will wait and order it later. Sure wish I knew what the pattern was ahead of time so I could decide on the ruler.

Ugh, decisions.
Exodus 33:14

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:22 am

Thinking about that ruler too - but I know me and will order probably. I wonder if the new pattern will be some kind of a star. That ruler makes great star points.

The Amish block goes together very quickly. Did a baby quilt top in less than 2 hours yesterday. Now if it would just quilt itself that fast!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:29 am

Where are the pictures of all your makings ladies:) LOL I cant believe none of you have one of these quilts made yet. I do love watching but this time I have had to watch on youtube cause so busy and not near computer when live show is up.

Sally which ones have you made????

Izzy
🐐izzy

SallyC

Post by SallyC » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:20 am

I've made them all (well, still working on July one and Crazy Ann is buried somewhere and unfinished--need to find it, finish and post pic!) Here's Glorified 9-patch--still haven't decided whether to add border or not!
[/img]

SallyC

Post by SallyC » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:37 am

I'm guessing but I think this is the pattern for new ruler. I've made one with old 'triangle in a square' ruler(well, still making it but you can see what it looks like). Original pattern by Teresa Barnes, awesome sewing guru at Quilt in a Day. She taught 4" blocks (mine is 3") and new one will be bigger yet. With El out due to broken leg and two surgeries they are updating a pattern never released (except for in a class) and class will most likely be taught by Orion again, perhaps Patty. I LOVE this ruler/patch. I have El's original and also ordered Accuquilt dies for 2", 3" and 4" ones (although I keep using El's ruler to make my blocks, LOL)
[/img]

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:25 am

Sally both of your quilts look antique aged so nice to see them:) wowzers love them both:))))

izzy
🐐izzy

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:05 pm

Sally - I got my pattern today and it is the same. I love it! I ordered the ruler, but did not receive it today, guess they are shipping it separately.

tagsmom

Post by tagsmom » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:26 am

I got my August pattern too.. no ruler.. I was positive it ordered it. guess they are sending separately or will have to order later.. did anyone get the ruler??

SallyC

Post by SallyC » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:15 pm

I pre-ordered the new ruler the day I got the email--not sure if they are in yet (due today?) They should be shipping out soon--hope I can pick mine up tonight! I'll let you know.

My July quilt top, "Amish Rainbow", turned our great--forgot to take a picture but I'll be showing it tonight during show & tell if Orion leaves the camera on--I post in the next couple of days.

Anyone watch this morning?

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”