Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

2016 Block Party, Eleanor Rules (El's Rulers in Action!)

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
gardenquilter

Re: 2016 Block Party, Eleanor Rules (El's Rulers in Action!)

Post by gardenquilter » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:33 am

Looking forward to new pattern have not gotten may done yet am looking forward to catching up .

Memeeof6

Post by Memeeof6 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:27 pm

I'm glad I didn't miss anything. I did get the link to the discounts. Looking forward to this pattern. Gale

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:45 am

My pattern arrived yesterday, looking forward to Tuesday. I have all the rulers needed, so I am good to go.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:05 pm

Pattern came today sooooooo happy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:51 pm

Wasn't my day for watching the webinars! First this morning, my new computer does not play well with the flash player needed to watch it on the computer, so I switched to my tablet, which is having battery issues , it dies half way through. So I charged it all day to watch tonight's show. Was going good until El got to teaching how to do scallops for the borders, lost the sound. That was on QIAD end for that. Finally got sound back and the show ended. Just not my day! ;)

Jana

JudiJR

Post by JudiJR » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:12 am

Maybe someone knows the answer. On the back cover of the Glorified Nine Patch ( June) there is a 9 block version by Teresa. It is in Red, White and blue. I know the finished size is incorrect, but I cannot find the fabric requirements, the birder sizes or how the wave edge was figured. I can figure out the wave as I have do it before, but I would like to know the fabric requirement. It appears to be three fabrics rather than a group of FQs.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:13 am

I glanced through the book and could not find anything that I thought would help - so here is my two cents!

It requires math - but not hard - take the size of the blocks laid out in the 3 x 3 pattern. Use that measurement to see how much you will need for the first border - that white one - it looks to be around a 2 1/2 inch finished border. Now re-measure with the white border attached to see how much fabric you will need. That second border appears to be about 5 inches at the widest part of the wave.

So I would cut my outside border with extra width. so that I could play with where I marked the wave order. Then add the binding just as she did in finishing the little quilt.

In doing the math quickly, it appears that you can use the 45 inch width for most of the quilt

Jana

JudiJR

Post by JudiJR » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:20 am

Thanks, Jana. Now I need to figure the fabric for the blocks! I think you can get two from a fat quarter. If so, I wish I had bought more of the blues!

JudiJR

Post by JudiJR » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:21 am

BTW, does anyone have the link to get the ruler instructions? I have the ruler and have used it, but it has been a while so I really need a refresher!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:22 am

At the top of the page, click on the Free Patterns, lookbthrough that page and you will find the link for the ruler instructions and the wave ruler is in there.

I keep a PDF of all my ruler's instructions on my computer so I haave then handy.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”