Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

December 7th Opening Day

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
sharonkl

Re: December 7th Opening Day

Post by sharonkl » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:07 am

My SS was Deb. Thank you so much for the table runners and quilt magazine. I love them all. Hope 2016 is a better year for you. Thanks you! I'd post pic but not sure I remember how!

javin22

Post by javin22 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:44 am

I just opened my huge box from Beth, I am just beyond thrilled and so excited with all the wonderful things she gave me. She spoiled me ROTTEN, ROTTEN, ROTTEN!!!!! She gave me a quilt kit that she decided that she wouldn't get to and it is a Lodge style!!! Oh My Heck!!! I am just floored!! And I got lodge patterns, and nifty tools and gadgets and a little basket quilt kit, and a bag that has quilt print, a calendar, a coloring book, and and and... WOW!!! Thank you thank you thank you, Beth!!! I love it all!! :D
[/img]

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:48 am

Oh My Goodness my secret santa was Maryq, what a lucky lady am I,,,,I got the box opened and I was seeing RED a beautiful scarf in red, a tiny red casserole with a cookbook,some notepads, a coffee mug with a big J on it,,,2 hand made folded fabric trees...a tote with an apron 2 hot pads and dish towels for me and tiny utensils and a tiny apron for Sophia...she will be thrilled. all in red to match my red kitchen, ..a deck of playing cards a first aid kit and a mini sewing kit from the pharmacy so needed here,,,LOL bet you didnt know that I still play solitaire with real cards....packed in a beautiful box with snowmen on it...I got a couple of pictures taken but windows 10 is not playing nice again,,,will try to post them later,,,,you all gotta see what a special Santa Maryq is...God Bless you and thank you...I am so happy I joined this year....xxxooo oooops almost forgot the big bag of twizzlers...yum

sewingbee44

Post by sewingbee44 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:32 am

Thank you Judi (grammiequilts).
This day was perfect to open my package. The vintage patterns and spools of thread are great. I love the fabric Christmas tree just my colors. But what really got my heart and started to cry was the book on Quilted Post Cards. One of the patterns on the cover is an embroidery saying "You are my Sunshine" that's what my Mother-in-law use to tell me. I lost her two weeks ago. Thank you also for the beautiful fat quarters and clips.

Have a wonderful Christmas!
Yvette :>

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:09 am

Morning!

Thank You Velda for the gifts. I got a beautiful handmade ornament, a casserole carry, plus a frog for the microwave for my achy back. She even included some treats for Sweet and Sour!!!!There were other gifts as well.

Thank you Velda! I love every one of them.

Flo

womster

Post by womster » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:05 am

Oh ladies I am over the moon with my wonderful surprises. Lois was my Secret Santa, and she must have had to hire extra helpers. Look at this wonderful snowman!

[/img]

And here are all my other goodies: a wonderful snowflake mug, some Frixon pens (I've never had any!), some of the most beautiful batiks I've ever seen, a luxurious yard of beautiful purple fabric, probably the only ruler of El's I don't have (I don't know how you did that, Lois), a really cool table runner kit which I can't wait to start, Rooster FQs and the best plaque I have ever seen for us non-morning person, a really cool tweezer magnifying glass combo that will be perfect for my applique, a non-math quilt calculator (perfect!) and, to top it all off, a wooden sign that says 'Sew blessed'. That about sums it up!

Thanks so much, Lois. This has already been my best Christmas ever!

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:33 am

After two long months of waiting, I have finally opened my package. My SS is Maryz/purrfect-lady. Thank you for all the goodies. You have spoiled me. I love them all.

Maryz sent me 2 porcelain thimbles, one from Mt. Rushmore and one from Alaska; 1 seam ripper; 1 tape measure 120" and one stuffed mouse which has 60" tape measure; 1 pattern; 1 pen; 1 tin box filled with pins; 1 chocolate bar; one 6.5" half square triangle ruler; a set of recipe cards; a city map and pin of Whitehorse Yukon (my older sister lives there); a picture/key holder; a butterfly mug rug; a grocery bags dispenser and one butterfly embroidered hankerchief AND all these were wrapped and packed in a mini thread cone organizer with hand quilting spools thread. Also, Maryz made me a snowman which can be used as wallhanging, table topper.

Maryz, from the bottom of my heart, Thank You!!! Thank you!!!

Love & hugs

Denise

Here is a picture of the thread organizer with all the goodies!

And the snowman!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:25 am

Hello Everyone Yvette was my secret Santa what a wonderful Santa she was she really did a nice Job she Knitted me a hat I could never find a hat that stays on my head the hats they sell in the stores just don't stay on she gave me some nice fabrics a pad a nice thermal mug fabric labels a nice big bag for shopping oodles of patterns a big book with quilt patterns, a Quilt Journal and last but not least holiday tissues which I can use in my purse.

[URL=http://s728.photobucket.com/user/Fabric ... q.jpg.html]
[/URL

Thank You Again Yvette.
Lois

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 am

Shoot - I can't wait for 5:00 so I can go home and open my package. Y'all have had lots and lots of merry gifts and are so blessed. We all are.

cupcake

Post by cupcake » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:39 am

Received a nice package from Honeyb a Christmas pattern kit, charm pack, and Christmas Linens, and several other things. Thank you, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”