Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

DECEMBER Lotto Block - Churn Dash - Christmas Fabrics - WINNER's POSTED!! Congratulations!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: DECEMBER Lotto Block - Churn Dash - Christmas Fabrics - WINNER's POSTED!! Congratulations!!

Post by TeresaK » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:54 pm

Valerie - Glad to hear you are still with us with your hectic qork schedule. A European Christmas celebrated as a child. What a truly special and treasured experience that is. Sounds like your parents made it perfect for you and your family. What kinds of foods did you eat? Traditions trinkets like poppers at the table? I remember those :)

Flo - I know your Winter's are super busy on Big Bear Mountain. How is the snow? Lots of people? Unless life gives you a break we will gladly see you in 2016:)

Debbie - Oh My. Prayers for the Dr's to figure out what is happening. Your health always comes first before fabric. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing, please.

Lori - Did you mail your blocks? They haven't arrived yet? Prayers for NO Missing Blocks :)

April - Ooooooo grades. Hope you get them finished easily and quickly. Enjoy your company this weekend. You might need some cotton therapy after so much JOY and CELEBRATION!!!

MERRY STITCHIN'!!!!

zfatcat

Re: DECEMBER Lotto Block - Churn Dash - Christmas Fabrics - WINNER's POSTED!! Congratulations!!

Post by zfatcat » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:32 am

Teresa, They are safe in my sewing room. I should get them in the mail today.

Lori
Lori 8-)

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:36 am

Teresa, 4 done and will be in mail today or tomorrow. I know I said I wouldn't be able to get any done, but found a little time today.

Flo

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:43 am

Blocks mailed. Will be there Friday

Flo

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:55 pm

They are on the way. Should be there on Friday.
Lori 8-)

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:34 pm

Flo - How wonderful you found some Cotton Therapy Time. Your blocks are awesome. I will try to post them from my phone soon :) :)

Lori - Thank you for the info on mailing. I can breathe easier now.

We are leaving Thursday AM for Arizona to spend time with the kids and Aria Jane. Can't wait to have some Christmas FUN and lots of Memories to cherish :) :) Will be back either late Monday or Tuesday.

Will keep in touch to see how you all are Merrily Stitching away :)

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:08 pm

WOW - WOW - WOW!!!!
Looks like the PO is stepping up their game. Flo's and Lori's packages ARRIVED TODAY with some FABulous blocks!!! Love the colors that will go very well with the others and the fabrics are brilliant!!!

Lori - this month was a freebie so you have 1 free month coming to you in 2016 and Thank you so much for the treats. I love slurping on See's Butterscotch Lollipops while I sew :) :) :)

Maryq - The same goes for you as well. 1 Freebie!!! YEA!!!

DON'T FORGET to write your CHRISTMAS MEMORY!!!!

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:56 am

Ok here's my Christmas Memory

There are 7 of us kids.... Every year My Gramma, My Aunt Jewel and my Aunt Ida would come and spend Christmas at our house. Just before we'd gather to open gifts, All 7 of us would have to line up by age at the Top of the Stairs.. Somebody--probably my Dad, would play Silent Night and all of us kids would walk down the steps singing Silent Night. Mind you, none of us can carry a tune in a bucket... but we'd have to sing to entertain the Aunties and Gramma!

And before we'd open gifts, Dad would gather us in front of the fireplace for a group photo. He'd set the timer on his camera and then run in to be included.. There would always be "just one more, just one more" so finally just as Dad would run into the group, we all turned our backs... so we always have a group photo.. with our backs to the camera. It's a tradition we carry on to this day.

[/img]

Left to Right: Greg, David, Mary, Tim, Annie and Bill. We're missing our Angel Brother Chris

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:59 am

Here's the front shot!

[/img]

My Baby Brother Bill, at the far right... has grandchildren.. hence all the toys!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:48 am

Hello everyone! I finally decided to mail in two blocks. Got them stitched today, so hope they will get mailed tomorrow.

As for a Christmas Memory? Well, there are so many, I would really hate to single it out to just one.

We always gathered at my Mom's house, when she was still with us. She had this huge basement and would set up tables and chairs and we would have so much good food and fun!

Then my husband and I bought that house after her death, thinking we would continue that memory with our kids.

Problem was, they all moved away to other states. Our son, Brian now has the home, and the poor guy is struggling still with custoday and divorce issues. The house is still in the family and the sweet memories of long ago will always be in my heart.

Merry Christmas to you ALL1 This one is especially happy for me, as I am now in therapy after my fall and broken bone in my hand. Today was my first sewing since back in October. I am for sure doing a happy dance.

Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”