Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

DECEMBER Lotto Block - Churn Dash - Christmas Fabrics - WINNER's POSTED!! Congratulations!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

DECEMBER Lotto Block - Churn Dash - Christmas Fabrics - WINNER's POSTED!! Congratulations!!

Post by TeresaK » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:20 pm

HAPPY ALMOST NEW YEAR!!!! What a FABulous year we had. All totaled YOU ALL STITCHED 515 BLOCKS - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Alot of quilts will be made with these wonderful blocks and I can't wait to see more pictures of them :) :)
SEW the YEAR is just about OVER but BEFORE WE MOVE INTO THE NEW YEAR I MUST LET YOU ALL KNOW WHO THE WINNERs ARE FOR DECEMBER! WOOHOO!
CONGRATULATIONS GO TO!!!!!!
Purrfect-Lady, MARY;
zfatcat, LORI
Xochilt - Ysabel

HAPPY STITCHIN!!!!!
Hello Pals - Welcome to the LAST LOTTO of 2015!!! WOW has the time flown!! It has been a Grand Year and I know we will ALL end it with a lot of FESTIVE Christmas Colors!!

I LOVE Christmas Colors: Red, Green, Blue, Purple, Silver and Gold!
SEW this month ... make me a CHURN DASH Block using your favorite fabrics in these colors. Here is the Link we will be using ...
http://www.quilterscache.com/C/ChurnDas ... Block.html This block reminds me of Santa coming down the chimney :)

BLOCK: MUST be a 12.5"+ Unfinished. PLEASE MEASURE and FIX before you mail. Remember this is the place to practice first and then mail your best ones.
FABRIC BACKGROUND: The Lighter color: Your choice of fabric BUT ...
If your fabric has white in it please have the color be dominant. Like a color with a white Polka Dot for example.
FABRIC for INSIDE: The Darker color: I am going to let you use your instincts on Any Christmas Prints/Tone on Tones fabrics that have a nice contrast with the background and shares your joy of Christmas BUT PLEASE NO SOLIDS.

HERE ARE THE RULES TO FOLLOW:
* This is NOT a SWAP. It is a place to practice and enjoy making new or old blocks and luckily WIN enough to make a FABulous QUILT!!!!
If you are wanting to join in the Swaps and you are a newbie this is a great place to start. Practice and then send your best 12.5" blocks.
* Sign-ups let me know who wants to have FUN unless Emergencies get in the way. There is NO COMMITMENT here only the BEST OF INTENTIONS.
* COMMUNICATION is the Key. There is NO stupid question so please ask away and share how you are doing.
* PLEASE "Name Tag" each block to the FRONT TOP LEFT CORNER and Place ALL in a LARGE BAGGIE. Mailing labels are great for this :)
* SEND NO MONEY THIS MONTH - IT IS CHRISTMAS and the KITTY IS HAPPY!!!

WAYS to RECEIVE your WINNING tickets ...
* 1 ticket = Sign-up is a show of interest if time allows you
* 1 ticket = for each block
* 2 tickets = for each block after #4
* 1 tickets = if you share a Christmas Memory

ENJOY the FUN and anticipation of WINNING enough blocks for a quilt!!!
If I missed anything or my wording is confusing please let me know so I can change it. This is greatly appreciated :) :)
RECEIVED - - -
Teresak - Teresa - 3 blocks; CM
WeSignificant - Valerie - 4 blocks; CM
Purrfect-Lady - Mary ... 8 blocks; CM
MaryQ - Mary ... 6 blocks; CM
FlorenceM - Flo ... 4 blocks; CM
Quiltgram8 - Velda ... 2 blocks; CM
Zfatcat - Lori ... 4 blocks
AprilShowers - April ... 4 blocks; CM
Xochitl - Ysabel - 7 blocks

We will MISS YOU - - -
MsSewNSew - Debbie - Prayers sent for unexpected Health tests

FlorenceM

Re: DECEMBER Lotto Block - Churn Dash - Christmas Fabrics - WINNER's POSTED!! Congratulations!!

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:14 pm

Going to try...

maryq

Re: DECEMBER Lotto Block - Churn Dash - Christmas Fabrics - WINNER's POSTED!! Congratulations!!

Post by maryq » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Am so glad you picked an easy block!!!

My Christmas fabric is still out!!

AprilShowers

Post by AprilShowers » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:23 pm

I love the churn dash block, and I love Christmas. I am in.

I am feeling much better, and commencement is December 12th, so I should have time.

Thanks, Teresa!

MsSewNSew

Post by MsSewNSew » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:02 pm

I may be crazy but I'm in!

Debbie

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:14 pm

I think I can do this!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:25 pm

I'm sorry to say, I'll be watching from the side of the sewing table this month...
All my sewing room is packed and we're moving home in 10 days time!!!
Back to Cardross! This will be my 3rd move in 2 years!!
Stephen and I are very pleased about the move, as being around the Peninsula means a lot of driving and petrol spent.
We will be closer to family and transport links for Stephen to get to Glasgow quicker. A very good move!!!
Sorry Teresa, I always enjoy the Christmas lotto :(

Enjoy ladies!! Happy sewing!!!
xxx Jacquie xxx

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:24 am

I'll join in on this one. Is it a 12 finished block?

Jacquie, sounds like a good move.
Lori 8-)

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:02 am

YEA!!!! What a FABulous beginning to the last lotto of the year. I hope you all have a Merry Stitchin' time! I am looking forward to seeing pictures from all of you so we can spread the word with your wonderful blocks.

Yes Lori - These will be 12" finished - 12.5" unfinished
Thank you for pointing that out. It is corrected now.

Jacquie - so sad to miss you but thrilled to hear you are making a great move for you and Stephen. I know your holidays and life are going to be very busy but also very blessed. HUGE HUGS! We will see you back in the lotto in 2016.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”