Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

October 2015 LOTTO - Fall Strips with Side Borders - PLEASE come take a look at Flo's Quilt!!!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
FlorenceM

Re: October 2015 LOTTO - Fall Strips with Side Borders - PLEASE come take a look at Flo's Quilt!!!!

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:01 am

I didn't intend to make 16. I started by making a pile of strips. Then I thought I had to put 4 blocks together to make 1...so I was aiming a 4 blocks, but I should know not to do math or read new directions when tired or stressed...

TeresaK

Re: October 2015 LOTTO - Fall Strips with Side Borders - PLEASE come take a look at Flo's Quilt!!!!

Post by TeresaK » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:15 pm

WOW Sounds like you both (and ALL) had great times making your blocks. Thanks for sharing your journeys with us. Definitely happy and learning times for us all.

Keep watch for November!!
You will need - -
* 6.5" Sewing Novelty Fabrics (How many will be determined by how many blocks you want to make - - - and
* 2 TOT coordinating Fall Colored Fabrics to go with it. Yes these can be prints but they need to be TINY Prints
YEA!!!!

Hope to post this Tonight with a Sample Block made by a very Special Pal

AprilShowers

Post by AprilShowers » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:03 pm

Fall Memory:

My favorite Fall Memories are of making Halloween costumes for my two young sons. There were many memorable ones, including coordinating pumpkins, batman and robin, and a pirate and his parrot

However, my absolute favorite costumes were the coordinating clown outfits for me, my husband and both of the boys. They were made of white fabric with red dots, white fabric with blue dots, red fabric with white dots, and blue fabric with white dots. I was the only one willing to wear the clown make-up, but even so we made a nice clown family.

Come to think of it, I think I still have those costumes, and my younger son has two children. Maybe they would like to be a clown family this Halloween!!!

April

AprilShowers

Post by AprilShowers » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:14 pm

My blocks have been mailed! (not nailed)

I have a tracking number!

April

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:09 am

YES 3 packages have now arrived!!!
Flo - there definitely were 16 blocks here and the colors are wonderful!!

April - you picked some wonderful fabrics as well and the blocks will be wonderful when mixed with the others :) :)

Maryq - you certainly picked out some perfect fabrics also. All new ones from the other blocks. YEA!!!

These are going to make some LOVELY FALL QUILTS!! You all have done so well choosing your fabrics and colors :) :)

Debbie - the blocks always look better up close and personal. I know your will look LOVELY!!! Yours are the last ones waiting to arrive and then the PICKING BEGINS!!!

MsSewNSew

Post by MsSewNSew » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Forgive me! I didn't get them in the mail on Monday. Was thinking I could finish 2 more blocks I had started. Got sick on Tuesday. Took them to work with me on Wed and completely forgot to go to the PO while at work so I went after work and dropped them at the kiosk inside PO. It says they should arrive on Saturday.

I finished 6 blocks. These were fun to make.

Debbie

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:39 am

Oh my Debbie what a week you have had. I sure hope you are feeling much better so you can enjoy Halloween with your family.

You blocks have ARRIVED!!! I love the Rich Golden Hues of the fabrics. Perfect to go with the other blocks. Great Instincts on your choices :)

NOW IT IS PICKING TIME!!!! WHO WILL THE WINNERS BE AND HOW MANY????
KEEP WATCH!!!

MsSewNSew

Post by MsSewNSew » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:54 am

Wow. I dropped them off at 10:00 Wed night. I didn't think they would get there on Friday. So glad...I hate being late but usually I'm flying by the seat of my pants.

Halloween decorations are being put up. Pumpkins were gutted this morning. Need to finish carving them. Candy is ready to go.

Gotta go. I'm needed elsewhere. Good Luck to everyone!

Debbie

AprilShowers

Post by AprilShowers » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:06 am

Congratulations winners! Enjoy!

April

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:32 am

Congratulations to the winners and to one Secret Elf!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”