Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

October 2015 LOTTO - Fall Strips with Side Borders - PLEASE come take a look at Flo's Quilt!!!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
toekeyotow

Re: October 2015 LOTTO - Fall Strips with Side Borders - PLEASE come take a look at Flo's Quilt!!!!

Post by toekeyotow » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:55 pm

FM: I remember way back in 1969 when I was 9 months pregnant how fun it would be to have my child born on Halloween. Back then we didn't know what we were having. Nope he came 10 days before, on October 21st. So on Halloween we went to a party and danced the night away. My oldest Son will be 46 on Tuesday. OMGish did I really just say 46. I need some wine.

Joan

FlorenceM

Re: October 2015 LOTTO - Fall Strips with Side Borders - PLEASE come take a look at Flo's Quilt!!!!

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:22 pm

My FM is November. Any November growing up. MY dad's B-day is 2 days after mine, and one of my brother's B-day is 3 days before mine. Usually one of us had a Thanksgiving B-day. But there was always 1 small cake for the 3 of us, plus the usual Holiday desserts. And family!! I come from a large Italian/ Portuguese family. And we would have about 75 people at the house every holiday. When I was small I thought they were all there for my Birthday!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:48 pm

Flo and Joan - wonderful Fall Memories all centered around birthday celebrations!!!! Special and creative ways to celebrate you!!!

Joan - Wonderful blocks! Vibrant colors! Oh how I love FALL!!!!

Thanksgiving is and always has been my favorite holiday. No expectations of gift giving and recieving. Just a plain old fashion holiday celebrating the harvest and family. My Aunt and Uncle were part of the Fall festival and I always loved the swing and pony rides. I had 4 cousins (3 boys and a girl). When we went to their home for Thanksgiving we would always watch the football games and even played a game of catch football after the 2pm meal. The best part though were the leftovers with everyone gathered around one more time for the greatest day of the year when I was a youngster.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:58 am

16 blocks mailed and coming your way Teresa!!!

Flo

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:59 am

My blocks will be in the mail on Monday! Sorry I'm so late getting them out.. been crazy busy around here.. working a little OT threw my schedule off!!!

MsSewNSew

Post by MsSewNSew » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:33 am

Wow, Flo! You are on fire to make 16 blocks!

I have 6 finished. I will be mailing on Monday. I have strips cut but not sure if I will make more. We'll see how this weekend goes.

I'm praying the hot weather is OVER! My sewing room is an addition that only has a small window a/c. Not fun to sew on really hot days.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Debbie

AprilShowers

Post by AprilShowers » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:32 pm

I made 4 blocks. I will nail on Monday!

April

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:07 pm

Flo - I am still blown away with 16!!! Thanks for having sEwwww much FUN that didn't even pay attention to how many you were making - LOVE IT!!!

Mary - You are only late IF the blocks don't reach my by the last day of the month. So I see NO WORRIES!!!! Christmas is coming so overtime is very very good. I am thrilled that you were able to find some cotton time. DON'T FORGET YOUR FALL MEMORY!!!

April - Love your blocks!!! I just hope you Mail them and not Nail them on Monday - teehee - DON'T FORGET YOUR FALL MEMORY!!!

Debbie - I sew know what you mean about a HOT ROOM in the HOT WEATHER!! I need to start the Swamp coolers in the early, early morning if I am going to sew after Noon. This is also with 2 fans. One floor, One ceiling. Thanks for the update on your blocks. Can't wait to see them ALL from EVERYONE!!!

BOING, BOING, BOING!!!

MsSewNSew

Post by MsSewNSew » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Posting pics

They look better in hand. Colors are more vibrant

Debbie

AprilShowers

Post by AprilShowers » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:41 am

I went to my first quilt retreat this weekend. I finished a baby quilt and made four blocks for lotto. It was a lot of fun, but I had to leave a day early because I have to work today.

April

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”