Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

October 2015 LOTTO - Fall Strips with Side Borders - PLEASE come take a look at Flo's Quilt!!!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

Re: October 2015 LOTTO - Fall Strips with Side Borders - PLEASE come take a look at Flo's Quilt!!!!

Post by TeresaK » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:33 am

Hmmmm I am sorry Mary for the troubles you are having. I know that when you sew strips starting at the same end all the time will give you a crooked outcome. I know you will find the perfect solution :) :)

FlorenceM

Re: October 2015 LOTTO - Fall Strips with Side Borders - PLEASE come take a look at Flo's Quilt!!!!

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:46 am

I have been not posting regularly, life has been crazy...but I am spending this weekend on my blocks......

Flo

dforseth

Post by dforseth » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:30 pm

Work has gotten in the way of my fun! I do regret to say that I won't have time to do this swap. I am sorry because it is a very pretty block. Maybe after I get CHRISTmas quilts and baby shower gifts done I can join in a swap.

Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Yea Flo - Looking forward to seeing your blocks. Thrilled you are able to find some time to make these very quick blocks.

Sorry to loose you Debbie :( Hope to see you soon.

MsSewNSew

Post by MsSewNSew » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:40 am

Been playing with cotton fall fabric this morning. I've got 5 blocks with the strips all sewn. Just need to square them up and add the side borders. Let me see if I can manage to post some pics. Got a new work laptop as my old one hard drive died. yada yada yada. Hate setting up a new computer the way I like it. Don't have MS Office installed yet so can't use Outlook to manage my e-mails.

I'm getting ready to fly to Atlanta to help celebrate my parent's 60th wedding anniversary on Monday. My 3 sibs and their spouses will be there, plus 3 nieces and nephews plus my aunt and uncle (Mom's sister). Not a big party as my Dad is 80 and Mom is 78 but they are both looking forward to everyone being together for maybe the last time. Dad has COPD on oxygen, Mom is a tired caregiver. We try to give her a lot of support. she is fairly healthy due to the fact at 65 she joined Silver Sneakers and went to Gold's Gym 3 times a week from age 65 to about 75 when my Dad started getting sick. She tries to go to exercise but it is tough. At 78, she is still mowing the lawn, gardening, and cleaning her own house, etc. I admire her so.

Ok, enough rambling. Gotta go but I WILL try to post pics before I go.

HUGS to ALL
Go Exercise so you can enjoy your life to the fullest. Even if it's only going out to walk 30 minutes 3 times a week (Reader's Digest this month). Just that little bit will ward off Alzheimers and a host of other health issues.

Debbie

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:11 am

Started to cut strips this morning before work...sew time after.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Flo - ENJOY your Cotton time!!!

Debbie - Thanks for the update and wonderful story about your upcoming trip. How wonderful it is to hear about couples that have actually been together through good times and bad, sickness and health. My prayers and heart are sent with you.

AprilShowers

Post by AprilShowers » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:34 pm

I am running a little behind as usual, but I am still planning on sending blocks.

April

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:52 pm

OK...so I was sewing, and didn't read directions carefully...so instead of making 4 blocks, I made 16....oops.

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:37 pm

Don't you just LOVE Sewing Lotto Blocks Flo. It is so easy to keep going and going and going. You are the energizer bunny of the month!!!!
Thank you sew very much for having FUN!!!!

Thanks April for checking in. Can't wait to see pictures or tell me how you are coming along :) :)

Time is flying, the leaves are turning and chill is in the air - so it will be almost time before you know it!!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”