Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

October 2015 LOTTO - Fall Strips with Side Borders - PLEASE come take a look at Flo's Quilt!!!!

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
TeresaK

October 2015 LOTTO - Fall Strips with Side Borders - PLEASE come take a look at Flo's Quilt!!!!

Post by TeresaK » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:37 pm

Hello Lotto Pals - What FABulous Fall Blocks you made this month! They definitely will make some stunning quilts when they get played with. We had a 3 Secret Santa's this month who sent me PM's to keep it a Secret. Well done to keep your name off the thread :)
Congratulations GO OUT TO ...
FlorenceM - Flo ... 9505 5113 2992 5307 5404 30 (Thursday 11-5)
Toekeyotow - Joan ... 9505 5113 2992 5307 5409 01 (Friday 11-6)
Elf :) ... wonder who this is going to ?? Time will tell :)

Hi Pals and Welcome to the OCTOBER LOTTO! THINK FALL Scenarios. Chestnuts, Fires in the fireplace. Trees rich in golden yellows, greens, burnt oranges, deep reds, purples ... so many!! Pumpkins, bears, deers in the woods. Oh the list of the Joys of Fall just keeps going!!!
What are your memories of Fall??? I hope you will share them :) My Side Strips look off-white but they are actually a tan colored fabric with stars in it
* UNFINISHED Block size: 10.5/8" x 10.5/8".
* Watch the consistency of your 1/4" seams from start to end. Sew each strip from the opposite ends to avoid arcs.
* Fabrics for CENTERS: Any Colored Fall Print's and TOT's cut 1.5" - 3" by 6.75". Sew as many together to equal 6.5" x 10.5/8". Please try not to be crooked. Please line up the lines on your ruler to your seams to make sure you are straight and that your Centers are the right size BEFORE adding the sides to them. This is the ONLY place you square your block.
* Fabrics for SIDE STRIPS: Any Light/Medium TAN TOT's or with Tiny Print's cut 2.5/8" x 10.5/8" strips. This will allow for Winners to Square up when they go to make their quilts.
* Please No Solids

HERE ARE THE POINTS TO FOLLOW:
* This is NOT a SWAP. It is a place to practice and enjoy making new or old blocks and luckily WINNING enough to make a FABulous QUILT!!!!
* Sign-ups let me know who wants to have FUN unless Emergencies get in the way.
* COMMUNICATION is the Key. There is NO stupid question so please ask away and let everyone know how you are doing.
* PLEASE "Name Tag" each block to the FRONT TOP corner and Place ALL in a LARGE BAGGIE. Mailing labels are great for this :)
* SEND $2-$3 to help with shipping the sets to the WINNER'S

WAYS to RECEIVE your WINNING tickets ...
* 1 ticket = Sign-up is a show of interest if time allows you
* 1 ticket = for each block
* 2 tickets = for each block after #4
* 2 tickets = if your blocks reach me by the 29th of October
* 1 tickets = if you share a Fall Memory
WAYS to RECEIVE EXTRA TICKETS
* We need some Newbies to come join the FUN!!! So if you invite a Pal to the LOTTO who hasn't been part of the Lotto this year and you both make at least 4 blocks you will both receive 4 extra tickets - YEA!!

ENJOY the FUN and anticipation of WINNING enough for a quilt!!!
If I missed anything or my wording is confusing please let me know so I can change it. This is greatly appreciated :) :)

RECEIVED
TeresaK - Teresa ... 4 blocks; FM
Toekeyotow - Joan ... 6 blocks; FM
FlorenceM - Flo ... 16 blocks; FM
Aprilshowers - April ... 4 blocks; FM
Maryq - Mary ... 4 Blocks
MsSewNSew - Debbie ... 6 blocks; FM

FM: Fall Memory

dforseth

Re: October 2015 LOTTO - Fall Strips with Side Borders - PLEASE come take a look at Flo's Quilt!!!!

Post by dforseth » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:58 pm

I'm in
Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

TeresaK

Re: October 2015 LOTTO - Fall Strips with Side Borders - PLEASE come take a look at Flo's Quilt!!!!

Post by TeresaK » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:08 pm

I am thrilled to see Debbie joining us this month!! When I showed her the picture last month of what we were stitching this month she said she was in - YEA!!!!! WELCOME (this year) NEWBIE!!!

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:55 pm

Looks easy enough.. I'll give it a try!

MsSewNSew

Post by MsSewNSew » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:22 pm

I'm in.

Debbie

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:30 am

Welcome Debbie and Mary - ENJOY some Fall fabrics and stitching!!

You ALL had some FABulous Fall fabrics in your September Blocks. I LOVE the Fabric with the bears in it and the Flowers made from buttons. I sure hope you use them :) :)

AprilShowers

Post by AprilShowers » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:56 pm

I'm in! I have a little bear fabric left. Maybe enough for a few strips.

I do have a question though. Are the blocks 10 and 5/8 inches by 10 and 5/8 inches?

Just checking.

April

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:48 pm

Yes April that is right. When you finish it should be 10.5/8" :) :)
When the Winners receive their blocks they can square them up to 10.5" squared.
Thrilled you still have some of the bear fabric. Perfect for the Side Strips :) :)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:09 pm

Teresa, I would love to play this month, but with company, camping, and Christmas sewing I'm too tight for time. But I wish everyone luck on this pretty block!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”