Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

CATS!! full. all packages received, swap complete. yay.

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

CATS!! full. all packages received, swap complete. yay.

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:14 am

2 weeks to sign up. Now through August 31st

8 weeks to make your blocks and send them to me. Now through October 26th

I will mail the blocks back to you Monday November 2nd or sooner.

Mail blocks to me by October 26th using priority mail and save your receipt, it will have your tracking number on it. Blocks must be in my possession by October 31st so I can sort on that Sunday and mail back to you Monday November 2nd. If I don’t have tracking from you by October 26th I will not wait for your blocks to arrive.

Postage $6, no stamps, no checks, pre-paid labels are fine, international will be worked out individually. I have Flat Rate envelopes to send your blocks back to you so please don't send return envelopes.

Please attach a label to each block with your forum name, real name, city and state. Keep the blocks flat, no individual baggies. Put your blocks in a large zip lock bag with your address on it before sending it to me.

THE FUN PART.

Make 20 blocks each 12 1/2 inches unfinished. Please don’t square up your blocks. Check the size before mailing them to me.

Use pre washed 100% cotton. No muslin, No Glitter, No machine embroidery.

Background and cat color is quilter’s choice, use your scraps. A flowered cat on a green background is great, as long as it all matches. A striped cat on a plaid background clashes and isn’t a good choice. Use your best judgement.

Create a cat block, No scary spooky cats. Add a mouse or a fishbowl or something else if you’d like or don’t. It’s your choice.

I will leave cat pattern and the method of sewing up to you. Use your imagination, as long as it isn’t a spooky Halloween cat and your cat and background don’t clash it’s good. You don’t have to use the same pattern in all of your blocks. If you have different cat patterns use them.

Any applique must be sewn down

If you send incomplete blocks or your blocks are not the required size and of the required fabric they will be returned to you using your postage. Be sure to re-check the size before mailing.

THE FINE PRINT.

You must be a posting member of this forum for at least the past 3 months and be familiar with the way Tina, Vinae and I run our swaps. If you fail to follow through in this swap, you will not be allowed to join my next swap and if you fail to follow through on 2 of my swaps, you will not be able to join any of my swaps. Tina, Vinae and I run a pretty tight swap... we can "what if" till the cows come home but in the end it's an obligation and it needs to be taken seriously. If you are a person who can't send on time or if you think my rules are to strict please don't sign up for one of my swaps.

Communication and follow through are key. If you have any questions please ask prior to taking a spot in this swap. If you have any problems or concerns, PM me and we can take care of it in private so it doesn’t cause problems on the forum. If you join you must comment in the swap thread once a week...especially during the last month of the swap... I use only this forum or e-mail for communication. If you need my e-mail address please PM me.

blocks received.

Jacquie received
Denise received
Joyce received
MaryZ received
Joan received
Mary Rose received
Sharon received
Marcia received
Carolyn received
Izzy received
Tina received
Lois received
Sonya received
O'Dorothy received
Beverly received
Vinae received
Lori received
Mary N received
Exodus 33:14

Irishgram

Re: CATS!! full. all packages received, swap complete. yay.

Post by Irishgram » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:14 am

I don't do a lot of swaps but you know I had to do this one.....
I have a couple blocks in mind but will let you know which one I pick......
So exciting.......

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:15 am

Thinking - but Sue might get in the way. I have that baby and maybe another to work on quilts for - will see. Love kitties!

nur5e

Post by nur5e » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:48 am

meow...im in! marcia

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:47 am

Yay O'Dorothy, surprise me with that cat block. you can do half and half.

Jana, Sue needs a kitty.

Marcia, meow back at you.

These could be a neat secret santa gift.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:51 pm

thinking also do they all have to be the same or can it be 20 mixed litter:) on same background:)

Izzy
🐐izzy

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:30 pm

I'm thinking will I have enough time I have my hands in quite a few cookie jars but this sounds pretty tempting.

Lois.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Izzy, it's your call. the only limits are listed in the rules. It's pretty much up to you. no blocks need to be the same in any way. they just need to be cats. use those scraps up girl.

Lois, It wouldn't be a swap with out you. come on, you know you want to. and please send some cookies here ;D

nur5e

Post by nur5e » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:25 pm

im thinking black on black for the kittie and flowery background for color. will use the pattern i used for christmas in july lotto but i dont have a pic of it. will try to get sample made up in next day or so. marcia

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:13 pm

I'd like to but I have projects for 2 Birthdays and Christmas that I would like to give all of my time and heart to.
I know you will ALL ENJOY!!!!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”